Please post your TECH ISSUES for Fantasy Mosaics 3 here

[Post New]by pondprowler on Jul 2, 14 12:36 AM
A thread for your tech issues!

(Please note: I am not a BFG employee or a tech expert, I'm just posting this thread to help give a place for people having trouble to post their issues. Instead of PMing me with your questions, which I probably can't answer, please POST YOUR ISSUE or questions in this thread!
Thanks!
~pp)

Edited on 07/02/2014 at 7:31:13 AM PST

bfgVaiya
Salmon
Salmon
2,557 Posts

Re:Please post your TECH ISSUES for Fantasy Mosaics 3 here

[Post New]by bfgVaiya on Jul 2, 14 7:30 AM
Hey there Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgVaiya

[Post New]by Classicaljazz on Jul 2, 14 11:21 AM
I have one of the other Fantasy Mosaics games and enjoyed it; therefore, I was excited to see this one offered today. I quickly downloaded the demo so I could give it a try. I figured if all worked well with it, etc., I would be purchasing it with a coupon.

What a disappointment when I discovered that the minute I clicked PLAY NOW and the game opened, it immediately closed before I could even enter my name. I tried a few more times to open and play it, but each time it immediately closed.

I'm running on Windows 7 and just a week or so ago did driver updates on my computer so it makes no sense to me that this game won't play on my machine. Has anyone else experienced this problem?

I hope if the game has a "glitch", they will do an update on it to repair the problem. I'd really love to be able to try the demo and purchase it if I liked it as well as the other one I have from the series.

Classicaljazz

bfgWendwater
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,911 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWendwater on Jul 2, 14 1:11 PM
Hey Classicaljazz,

I'm very sorry about the crashing issue when you start up the game.

I have some steps to help troubleshoot this kind of issue in the links below. A great first step is to uninstall and reinstall the game.

Uninstall/Reinstall a Game

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If that doesn't help, please contact our Tech Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report. One of our Reps would be happy to help you with that.

I hope this helps!

bfgWendwater

SandraSwede
Shark
Shark
14,103 Posts

[Post New]by SandraSwede on Jul 3, 14 1:47 AM
@ Classicaljazz

I have the same problem with all three of the Fantasy Mosaic games

[Post New]by Classicaljazz on Jul 3, 14 8:45 AM
Thanks, bfgWendwater for the suggestions you offered regarding my problems with this game. I tried the Uninstall/Reinstall suggestion and had high hopes when I tried again to open it and sample the demo. Unfortunately, it immediately closed once again before I was even able to enter my profile. Guess I'll have to contact Customer Support if I decide I absolutely have to try the demo.

Since SandraSwede has the same issue with this game, it appears that what I experienced isn't an isolated problem.

SandraSwede, I'm sorry you have the problem with all three of the Fantasy Mosaic games. The "Fantasy Mosaic" one works fine for me and I own that one... so I was surprised when this new one wouldn't run right on my computer.

For any who are considering buying the game, BE SURE TO TRY THE DEMO FIRST to be sure it will run as it should on your machine.

Classicaljazz

pancakey
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

[Post New]by pancakey on Jul 4, 14 4:27 PM
When I get to the second level of games, I get a screen that says we are now moving to more advanced games with a bat moving across the screen. The bat moves all the way across the screen, but nothing happens. I forced the game closed and re-opened and I was able to click on the square for the second level of games, but it just went to the same screen.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, same thing happened.

Edited on 07/04/2014 at 5:03:54 PM PST

hzenrock
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by hzenrock on Jul 10, 14 8:48 PM
what browser are you using? I'm on Firefox, maybe the game prefers IE.

Error message when trying to start game

[Post New]by quickgoalie on Jul 14, 14 12:55 PM
Hi, I'm getting the following error message when I try to start FM3 from the Big Fish game panel:

Error: Access violation at 0x0042A7C3 (tried to read from 0x00000004), program terminated

Any idea why that might be happening?

Thanks!

[Post New]by pallas74 on Jul 14, 14 8:15 PM
Everytime I play this game, it never remembers what level I have achieved and resets to the beginning once I reopen it. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game but doesnt make any difference. I clost the game by going to the main menu, then selecting exit. Getting very frustrating playing the same levels over and over again

Edited on 07/14/2014 at 8:16:53 PM PST

[Post New]by tinahigley on Oct 3, 14 1:33 PM
I got this error

ERROR in
action number 1
of alarm Event for alarm 1
for object game_controller:

file not opened for writing.
at gml_script_save_value

stack frame is
gml_script_save_value(line0)
gml_Object_game_controller_Alarm_1

After I finished the last level,

forneymary
Guppy
Guppy
100 Posts

[Post New]by forneymary on Dec 26, 14 10:01 PM
the further i got into the level the more the screen flickered and flashed. it's impossible to play now because there is so much interuption. what a shame.

[Post New]by dsnyder16 on Jun 21, 15 8:32 PM
I get this error when opening the game. I am using the Game Manager.

Process: Mac_Runner [1071]
Path: /Applications/Fantasy Mosaics 3.app/Contents/Resources/.Fantasy Mosaics 3.app/Contents/MacOS/Mac_Runner
Identifier: com.matchgems.fanmosaics3
Version: 1.0.0 (1.0.0)
Code Type: X86 (Native)
Parent Process: MacGameCLauncher [1070]
Responsible: GameManager [1064]
User ID: 501

Date/Time: 2015-06-21 23:28:56.699 -0400
OS Version: Mac OS X 10.10.3 (14D136)
Report Version: 11
Anonymous UUID: 1D0E5309-9375-ABF0-9B79-1757F31DB7CB

Sleep/Wake UUID: A2A6C47C-665A-4E75-8779-6E0F3F1E7C8F

Time Awake Since Boot: 26000 seconds
Time Since Wake: 700 seconds

Crashed Thread: 6 Dispatch queue: doGameEngine :: NSOperation 0x957d60 (QOS: USER_INITIATED)

Exception Type: EXC_CRASH (SIGABRT)
Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000

Application Specific Information:
abort() called
*** error for object 0x9a0114: incorrect checksum for freed object - object was probably modified after being freed.

Thread 0:: Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread
0 libsystem_kernel.dylib 0x98ada9ce mach_msg_trap + 10
1 libsystem_kernel.dylib 0x98ad9a70 mach_msg + 68
2 com.apple.CoreFoundation 0x9b7ccef6 __CFRunLoopServiceMachPort + 214
3 com.apple.CoreFoundation 0x9b7cc309 __CFRunLoopRun + 1529
4 com.apple.CoreFoundation 0x9b7cbaa6 CFRunLoopRunSpecific + 390
5 com.apple.CoreFoundation 0x9b7cb90b CFRunLoopRunInMode + 123
6 com.apple.HIToolbox 0x94db28f8 RunCurrentEventLoopInMode + 262
7 com.apple.HIToolbox 0x94db2631 ReceiveNextEventCommon + 494
8 com.apple.HIToolbox 0x94db242c _BlockUntilNextEventMatchingListInModeWithFilter + 99
9 com.apple.AppKit 0x928a7721 _DPSNextEvent + 742
10 com.apple.AppKit 0x928a6dc5 -[NSApplication nextEventMatchingMask:untilDate:inMode:dequeue:] + 350
11 com.apple.AppKit 0x9289b77c -[NSApplication run] + 907
12 com.apple.AppKit 0x92810bc0 NSApplicationMain + 2082
13 com.matchgems.fanmosaics3 0x000026fc main + 301
14 com.matchgems.fanmosaics3 0x000024d5 start + 53

Thread 1:: Dispatch queue: com.apple.libdispatch-manager
0 libsystem_kernel.dylib 0x98ae18ce kevent64 + 10
1 libdispatch.dylib 0x9a97073f

Go to: