energy problem

[Post New]by Poet_Gene on Jul 2, 14 6:10 AM
My girlfriend is at level 27 right now. The problem she has is it seem to take all day to charge to full strength. I think she is at 270 now. She keep saying I don't understand why they cannot lower it or something. It seem to take 2-3 get to one point back. This is making her think this game will take too long to charge and take away the fun out of it. She has to used the things to make it charge faster and it seems to running out too fast. So my thought behind this, maybe after certain level you drop the time it take fro it to charge. She also want to know when the update for Pc going to be,

Turalyon
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,084 Posts

Re:energy problem

[Post New]by Turalyon on Jul 4, 14 11:42 PM
This is wanted by the developers. The thought behind is, that impatient people (like your girlfriend appears to be) buy energy chargers using diamonds which you need to buy with real money.

[Post New]by Shazbot70 on Jul 8, 14 12:33 AM
I agree with Turalyon, I cant help thinking that some of the quests that are given to do are designed solely so you have to spend money on gems to get further. What annoys me about it is that buying gems do not count towards the monthly punchcard. I think that would go some way to appease regular gameclub members.

Personally getting very frustrated by the amount of "free to play" games that BFG seem to be producing.

Poet_Gene i am at level 25 and i have found that it does take about 24 hours to fully recharge the energy. Definite ploy to get people to buy gems

meinaz
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
418 Posts

[Post New]by meinaz on Jul 8, 14 6:19 AM
I have started making food to supplement my energy needs. I always look to see what I need for the other relics and use the other things that I found. I have been using the cake and the salad (I think). This has allowed me to play for longer. Since it takes so much time to gather what I actually need, this has helped me a lot. The only disadvantage I have found is when you get a quest to find specific items that I don't have them but at least I have the energy to go and find them.

ekstra2000
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,357 Posts

[Post New]by ekstra2000 on Jul 8, 14 6:23 AM
Patience is a virtue. It takes an hour for 20 points at the regular recharge rate. I "solve" this issue by playing til my energy is gone, crafting more if I can afford the resources, and leaving while the crafting is going. Or I just leave for a while.
One of the things that I've noticed about these games, as an overall rule, is that as more energy is available in higher levels (and I know this one only has 29 levels at this point), you begin to be able to build it up. That isn't the case in this game at this point in its development, but will probably eventually become so. (As an example, when I started playing "Found" I couldn't possibly get enough energy to finish the quests and the levels...now I have enough points and enough reserves to go for at least a year.) I think this game will eventually get to the point where you will be able to "store" some energy for later.
The additional point here, of course, is the anomalies that increase the amount of energy you need to get thru the levels. If I have a limited amount of energy and need to search a particular scene, sometimes I'll banish an anomaly or two to get through the scene. I like playing with them, though, as they stretch the experience points.
I think you need to develop an energy strategy, even if it means leaving the game off and on, and just go with the flow.

Turalyon
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,084 Posts

[Post New]by Turalyon on Jul 12, 14 1:00 AM
I'm lucky in that regard. Since I live in germany, I can't buy gems anyway, cause none of those payment options work for me ^^

dk413
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
469 Posts

[Post New]by dk413 on Jul 12, 14 4:03 PM
The recharge rate was lowered to 2 minutes with the latest update as well as needing less energy to search scenes. Yeah!

[Post New]by chocovelvet on Jul 13, 14 6:37 AM
Also use the Amulet of Fortitude to reduce the recovery time. It only cost 550 coins and reduces the recovery time to 1 min and the amulet lasts for 60 mins

Edited on 07/13/2014 at 6:40:31 AM PST

Go to: