Post your TECH ISSUES for Hidden Expedition: The Crown of Solomon Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by pondprowler on Jul 3, 14 12:34 AM
A thread for your tech issues!

(Please note: I am not a BFG employee or a tech expert, I'm just posting this thread to help give a place for people having trouble to post their issues. Instead of PMing me with your questions, which I probably can't answer, please POST YOUR ISSUE or questions in this thread!
Thanks!
~pp)

Edited on 07/03/2014 at 8:47:53 AM PST

VJSS
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

Re:Post your TECH ISSUES for Hidden Expedition: The Crown of Solomon Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by VJSS on Jul 3, 14 5:10 AM
Game was running great until I went into the shipyard in Scotland. The picture went to black and white streaks, I had sound and a cursor but could not see anything. I uninstalled and installed again, but same thing. I own all the other games and they run fine.

mcurbelo
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

Re:Post your TECH ISSUES for Hidden Expedition: The Crown of Solomon Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by mcurbelo on Jul 3, 14 5:30 AM
Downloaded game, freezes in first scene. downloaded 2 more times and it does the same. First time this ever happens and I am pst cause these are my favorite developers..... HELP!!!

ivy9179
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by ivy9179 on Jul 3, 14 6:23 AM
am unable to get into box even with the code in the cargo area. Wnt to the the guide told me the same thing I was doing ?????

nflynn
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by nflynn on Jul 3, 14 6:35 AM
honestly concerned about even trying the demo when the home screen already is flickering like crazy...what has happened to BFG and HO games quality control? I have had issues with the last 3 games I have ordered and it isn't going away?

bpurdum2
Minnow
Minnow
264 Posts

[Post New]by bpurdum2 on Jul 3, 14 8:25 AM
I really would like to buy this game but like so many games lately the game has frozen on me twice. I had to manually shut down my pc because the task manager would not start. When I get back to the game after restarting my pc the game did not save where the game froze and I have to redo some parts. What is going on with your games?

bfgMurrumbidgee
1,338 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMurrumbidgee on Jul 3, 14 8:47 AM
G'day,

Thanks for getting this started for us pondprowler
I am sorry to see that the game isn't behaving as expected on some systems, the first link below should have some steps to help with this.

For extra visibility I'll still post our one with the links and colours

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing or Black Screen

Problems Downloading or Installation Failed
While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgMurrumbidgee

candys70
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by candys70 on Jul 3, 14 8:53 AM
also unable to get into box...used the guides #s and that didn't work either...had the paper with #s and used them and didn't work either....please help as I love these games...so disappointed lately with the games put out as problems with almost all of them....where's your quality control department?

Edited on 07/03/2014 at 8:58:07 AM PST

[Post New]by Phoenix1123 on Jul 3, 14 10:25 AM
I am stuck in the underwater scene; when I click on the floating jellyfish (to the left of the screen), it zooms in and freezes. This is the second of many games by this developer in which I have this issue. CS has already been provided Dr Felix, and they cannot figure out the problem. My system is current!! iMac, OSX 10.9.3; 16GB Memory, 1TB hard drive. These constant technical issues are becoming out of hand! BF, you need to have these games beta'd on Macs as well as PCs. Annoying beyond belief!

iemanja75
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by iemanja75 on Jul 3, 14 10:45 AM
Hi, Exactly same problem than VJSS at the Shipyard!!!!
Really desappointed because not able to finish this game.
Thanks to find an issue.

[Post New]by Gramma26 on Jul 3, 14 1:04 PM
Same problem as VJSS and iemanja75. Entered shipyard and the screen immediately when crazy. No picture and when and I moved my cursor it was almost like using a paintbrush - every swipe of the cursor left a white streak behind it!

rosem07663
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by rosem07663 on Jul 3, 14 4:32 PM
can't get in the box, please look into this, I think there is a problem with the game.

[Post New]by Penhip on Jul 3, 14 5:46 PM
Voice over audio completely stopped working about 3/4 into the game. Music was fine. But since much of the rookie's instructions are given verbally by her handler it Really detracted from my enjoyment if the game. Tried re-booting my MAC Brook Pro several times and no go. When I went back into the game the voice over in the intro scene was also gone. Clearly a technical issue or bug which can only be fixed by game developers. I did a search in-line and discovered that many users playing game were having same audio problems. Surprised as Epix team is usually flawless. And frankly it would be a shame if this were to effect the game's rating because it's excellent! Please get these bugs fixed!!

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jul 3, 14 8:46 PM
Helga, look at the wall at the left. There is a drawn Glass/Goblet on the wall.
Not all objects are actually there, sometimes they are drawn onto walls.

Debbie387
Minnow
Minnow
253 Posts

[Post New]by Debbie387 on Jul 3, 14 9:02 PM
VJSS wrote:Game was running great until I went into the shipyard in Scotland. The picture went to black and white streaks, I had sound and a cursor but could not see anything. I uninstalled and installed again, but same thing. I own all the other games and they run fine.

I have the same problem as VJSS. Got to inside the castle in Scotland and the screen turned black with white streaks and cursor kept replicating itself and can't see anything. Game ran fine up until then.

gmmace
Minnow
Minnow
249 Posts

[Post New]by gmmace on Jul 4, 14 7:26 AM
VJSS wrote:Game was running great until I went into the shipyard in Scotland. The picture went to black and white streaks, I had sound and a cursor but could not see anything. I uninstalled and installed again, but same thing. I own all the other games and they run fine.

I am having the same issue. I don't know if I'll be able to get past it, but I took a video recording of the issue and I'm sending it off to Tech Support.

tootsie94
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by tootsie94 on Jul 4, 14 2:39 PM
same problem as vjss...screen went to white after some black streaks at the ship yard...cannot play...any solutuon ?

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Jul 4, 14 4:49 PM
Entered shipyard. Game stopped working properly. This is now eight games in the last eight months that have crashed or do not work properly.

Edit to add: The option to download Dr. Felix is not showing up for me, so while I can certainly contact customer service, I can't attach a report.

Edited on 07/04/2014 at 5:00:41 PM PST

bonggamer
Guppy
Guppy
111 Posts

[Post New]by bonggamer on Jul 4, 14 8:03 PM
mcurbelo wrote:Downloaded game, freezes in first scene. downloaded 2 more times and it does the same. First time this ever happens and I am pst cause these are my favorite developers..... HELP!!!

Same problem. This seems to be a unique problem with EiPix games. I'm running on OS X 10.9.3 MacBook Air. You would have thought by now they would have fixed this problem.

[Post New]by Islandphish on Jul 5, 14 6:40 AM

Same thing happened to me. I have also uninstalled and reinstalled, with the same negative result. As far as I can tell, I have the latest version of DirectX, so if someone could offer a fix I'd really appreciate it. So far it has been a great game to play; shame to have to give it up part-way through.

Go to: