RIP Duncan_again/Braindead

[Post New]by Duncan_14all on Jul 3, 14 1:08 PM
Hereby I want to inform all players on this forum that last week the players (my sons) Duncan_again (id: 100253, level 29) and his younger brother Braindead (id: 216263, level 22) were badly injured during a computercrash.
The IT doctors (no, not Ken) kept them in a coma to get things right, but unfortunaly they both died after five days.
I want to thank all their Friends, who were befriended with Duncan_again and Braindead for their support the last months (some from the beginning). The funeral has already taken place, they're in a good place now, somewhere between the clouds wherever in this gameworld.

Players who read this announcement and were Friends of one of these Players, you better delete them, they're not coming back.

I want to thank a few VIP's in this game: Bedazzle, Lilly Belle, Anna Downes, rosie and all of you who were deleted too after the crash. We love you.

Their father,

Mark Schulz, The Netherlands

Note: maybe somewhere in the future, when I get over these two losses, I get back in the game, who knows ...

Edited on 07/03/2014 at 1:09:17 PM PST

rosiebvt
Manatee
Manatee
4,210 Posts

Re:RIP Duncan_again/Braindead

[Post New]by rosiebvt on Jul 3, 14 1:19 PM
Papa Duncan,
Our sympathies on your loss. It's hard enough to lose one game, but two is just too much. We will remember them by their efforts to reach the elusive goal, the "next content update" towards which we all strive. I wish you better hardware, bug-free software, and generous wheels, pets, and gnomes in the future.
Rose

[Post New]by whitebutterfly54 on Jul 3, 14 1:25 PM
So sorry for your loss, but please Duncan, you must come back to the Castle. During the old bow figurine and six paws era of terror, you were one of the people who brought me back from the brink. Take a breather for awhile, but please come back.

cynththemoler
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,948 Posts

[Post New]by cynththemoler on Jul 3, 14 1:54 PM
So sorry to hear this Duncan; having lost two games myself I do know how you feel; but you will get over it - look at mad old me, 7 games on the go now!!!

Take a time out and then come back to the mad house again refreshed - you know you love it!

GogaO
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

[Post New]by GogaO on Jul 3, 14 4:08 PM
Oh I am so very sorry Duncan.
I know exactly how you feel since I also lost two games.

Don't give up and come back soon!

kashmatash
Clownfish
Clownfish
628 Posts

[Post New]by kashmatash on Jul 3, 14 4:47 PM
I am sorry to hear your games have gone to cyber heaven. Being a friend of Duncan_again, I will miss you. Thank you for your friendship! Perhaps we will meet again in the future.

eastendteddy
Salmon
Salmon
2,821 Posts

[Post New]by eastendteddy on Jul 3, 14 5:10 PM
Rest in cyber heaven Duncan_Again and Braindead we shall miss you and Ducan hurry back and ditto to what cyn said.
Sound of last taps plays softly
Col/Cap Randy

AnnaDownes01
Flounder
Flounder
2,175 Posts

[Post New]by AnnaDownes01 on Jul 3, 14 5:48 PM
Mark,

That is devasting news. You encouraged me when I was close to quitting Marius14 & Kitten Sam.

Hurry back. It won't be the same without you.

Sue

Bedazzles
Clownfish
Clownfish
567 Posts

[Post New]by Bedazzles on Jul 4, 14 6:47 PM
Oh this is very sad news!!! I was wondering if perhaps you were on holiday or something since your wishlist didnt change and I never received anything from Braindead, but I never dreamed you would be gone forever!!!

Did you by any chance have a saved version of your MC files on a Thumb drive? I keep a backup copy on a thumb drive just incase my computer crashes. I have actually transferred these files to a second computer as well and the game works fine there. So as of right now I am double backed up! If you didnt have them backed up WHEN you do(pretty please do) start another game it is very easy to back up your files to a thumb drive! I would highly recommend everyone playing do this as we never know when these great things we rely on so much can fail!

You know if you start another game you will have a huge support group to get you built back up! I know I will be right there helping you every step of the way!

I dont want to say goodbye, I just want to say...get another game going NOW!!!

Your friend
Bedazzle

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Jul 4, 14 11:56 PM
As one who has benefitted from your generosity, I will return the favor when you decide to try again. I can understand why you are disgusted at this point, but you are hooked, and I do believe you will be back...hope so anyway!

gernespieler
Catfish
Catfish
1,615 Posts

[Post New]by gernespieler on Jul 5, 14 2:54 AM
Duncan,

As stated by others before you helped so many gamers and convinced them to stay, please do not stop playing MC. Just start a new game and if you like to send a friend request to ID 40207 I promise to help you level up in any way I can

rosiebvt
Manatee
Manatee
4,210 Posts

[Post New]by rosiebvt on Jul 5, 14 6:38 AM
gernespieler wrote:Duncan,

As stated by others before you helped so many gamers and convinced them to stay, please do not stop playing MC. Just start a new game and if you like to send a friend request to ID 40207 I promise to help you level up in any way I can

Ditto from me, RosieBVT 79487. Always ready to help an old friend out of a bad situation.

[Post New]by Duncan_14all on Jul 6, 14 6:45 AM
Thanks guys and dolls,

For the great and loving replies, I am working on the "problem" at the moment.

[Post New]by Duncan_14all on Jul 6, 14 10:42 AM
Oke,

Had to struggle through my external harddisk and found an "old" savegame, somewhere from the early days, when players were locked out after reaching level 18.

So, after cleaning my Friends list (removed almost 100 friends, sorry guys, I want to start "new"), deleted all 120 new requests for friendship (took me 2 hours or so), grabbed 100 gifts from my old friends (they've been in outer space since January 21, thanks you all for these gifts), I just reached level 19. Just unlocked the Underground Grotto and remembered there's a lot to do to get back to my old level (level 29).

Also I changed my playername (the old one was Duncan).

This is my new (well, new) playername: Braindead, id: 10081.

I want to thank all my old and new Friends and I am ready to start (with a little help from my Friends ofcourse). Send me your invites and lets play on. I will not accept everybody (sorry, but my old Friends go first) but I will keep my Friendslist small, I hope you understand.

Braindead (formerly known as Duncan_again, Braindead and Duncan)

rosiebvt
Manatee
Manatee
4,210 Posts

[Post New]by rosiebvt on Jul 6, 14 11:21 AM
Great news! Not as good as 29, but 18 is not half bad. There is life after death after all, just not quite life as we know it .

gernespieler
Catfish
Catfish
1,615 Posts

[Post New]by gernespieler on Jul 6, 14 11:29 AM
how wonderful, Duncan, at least not all is lost. Will send an invite when back in the game

GogaO
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

[Post New]by GogaO on Jul 6, 14 11:51 AM

Very glad you are again with us!

[Post New]by grannykaren1999 on Jul 6, 14 12:12 PM
Now I know what happened to Duncan. I was worried about you. Glad you're back. I'll re-invite when you get running again. Thanks for the gifts sent though.

AnnaDownes01
Flounder
Flounder
2,175 Posts

[Post New]by AnnaDownes01 on Jul 6, 14 7:42 PM
Duncan,

I am glad that you are back. Trixie Belle will send you an invite.

Go to: