Pets getting stingy?

silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

Pets getting stingy?

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Jul 3, 14 7:30 PM
Play the HOS's over and over just to get pet food. Feed and not get gold.

I've recently fed 12 normally gold chest finding pets and have recieved nothing but rusty and silver chests. I did finally get my 20th gold chest the other day, but 12 feedings later...nada.

If we are to get 100 gold chests to get the Pirate Lady avatar the next 80 are going to take forever.

Is it just me or are any of you having the same problem? Because working the HOS's endlessly to get enough food is driving me crazy.

BTW I do want to thank all my friends who are sending me food - you're all wonderful friends!

Silver Hawk

Ms_Tully
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

Re:Pets getting stingy?

[Post New]by Ms_Tully on Jul 3, 14 7:52 PM
I have not seen a gold chest in a long, long time and I have several pets that are supposed to be good at bringing gold chests. I am especially disappointed in my tiger. I read rave reviews about him and all the gold chests he brings, but all I have gotten out of him is rusty chests. *sigh*

kdreetz
Herring
Herring
333 Posts

[Post New]by kdreetz on Jul 3, 14 9:59 PM
I just hit my "feed pet 1500 sacks" achievement and still only have 13 golden chests. Haven't seen one in 2 weeks & I usually use my most greedy pets. They worked 'til 13 & have all gone on summer hiatus.

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on Jul 3, 14 10:28 PM
I got the 20 chests achievement quite a few weeks ago and since then have only won 5 gold chests.

Can only speak for my own personal experience, but the more pets I have the harder it is as I am spreading out my feeding over so many just to see if they are any good

gernespieler
Catfish
Catfish
1,615 Posts

[Post New]by gernespieler on Jul 3, 14 10:40 PM
I realised the same problem since the last update. Even the phoenix is now bringing rusty chests and if he is really good silver chest, same for the piggy.

It seems to me the more we post about our successes the harder they make it

sparkle76
Marlin
Marlin
9,781 Posts

[Post New]by sparkle76 on Jul 4, 14 2:25 AM
i finally got my 20 gold chests achievement a few days ago courtesy of my phoenix, however it was a long time between drinks and the best i have done recently is a silver from my manticore. the pig seems to attract only rust these days.

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Jul 4, 14 6:46 AM
Gold chests have been few and far between in both my games ever since the change in pet food (and that was so long ago, we still had the bow figurine marathon).

Another shortage I'm suffering in one of my games is wands, of all things. Haven't received one since June 27.

NeenaL
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

[Post New]by NeenaL on Jul 4, 14 8:56 AM
I will add my op also, I do think the farther one goes in the game, like " Waiting on the updates" and just doing HOS over & over to feed our pets, the game itself gets stingier ( if that's a word) with everything we need ie: marks, eggs, food, diamonds, certain items. I have an abundance of the plain marks.....sent my dragon out after my fingers turned to nubs to fetch and low and behold I get 4 plain marks and 200 gold! Not really worth the effort. I guess if one needs coins then play the HOS gather some items, if the game is giving, it just doesn't seem like it is hardly worth the effort.
But I cannot help myself......I have to get my daily bonus, send my gifts ( if it's working) and do the other few tasks......I guess I long for the older days of whining about the bow, six paws, waiting the hour, but eventually I would get to play a game......right now my game is not a game it is a routine!

rnmom
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by rnmom on Jul 6, 14 1:40 PM
On my primary game I have 11 pets and have received 11 gold chests at level 29.

On my secondary game I have 9 pets and have received 0 (ZERO!!!!!) gold chests by level 28.

I feed my pets regularly, maybe every other day or so as I build up inventory. Every single gold chest I have received in the first game has been from the pink piggy!

If you run more than one game you can definitely see how random it all is.

Smoochie/rnmom

Andru1535
Guppy
Guppy
142 Posts

[Post New]by Andru1535 on Jul 6, 14 2:42 PM
So far for me the Treasured Phoenix has been my best investment for returning gold chests. Others including the snail and pig big disappointments.

NeenaL
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

[Post New]by NeenaL on Jul 6, 14 5:19 PM
Just when I was about to throw in the towel, sent out my lil' Tiger and he brought back a super GOLD, got so excited that I quickly opened it and did not see how much I got plus a gem........so he slept and I fed him again, praised him well and off again. This time he comes back with a shiney silver and when I opened it 3, yes three diamonds/gems and 600 in cash......so hopefully my food has finally filled up my animals. My lil mighty Tiger has restored my faith in pets! Ha....then doing HOS I got 2, count them two, brown unique marks.....now I will play for a bit longer.....mamas happy, happy for this eve anyway! Woo Hoo!

kdreetz
Herring
Herring
333 Posts

[Post New]by kdreetz on Jul 7, 14 1:53 AM
My winged cat has NEVER given me anything better than rusty. Like my cats at home, they don't work for you, you work for them.
Phoenix just gave me gold in the Chapel.

McCoy3
Herring
Herring
358 Posts

[Post New]by McCoy3 on Jul 7, 14 7:38 AM
I have noticed the lack of gold chests. Mine started before the update. My pets, more often than not, proudly bring me those almost empty rusty (bronze) chest.... It's better than wood, but really?....

kdreetz
Herring
Herring
333 Posts

[Post New]by kdreetz on Jul 15, 14 5:41 PM
Phoenix is BY FAR my most generous pet. He's given me gold in Ancient Park, Castle Vicinity, Throne Room, Ice Rock, Chapel, City Square, Forbidden Tower, Grotto, Mirror Lake and the Commercial District of Cloud City.

Winged cat has been true to a cat's nature. Never given anything but wooded and rusty chests (and I've given him dozens of chances).

Ms_Tully
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by Ms_Tully on Jul 15, 14 6:25 PM
McCoy3 wrote:I have noticed the lack of gold chests. Mine started before the update. My pets, more often than not, proudly bring me those almost empty rusty (bronze) chest.... It's better than wood, but really?....

Same here. I don't even remember what a gold chest looks like anymore, it's been so long.

Andru1535
Guppy
Guppy
142 Posts

[Post New]by Andru1535 on Jul 15, 14 6:29 PM
I have also seen the same thing. What used to be reliable has turned stingy. Also,it seems the HOS have returned fewer feed items as well.

rosiebvt
Manatee
Manatee
4,210 Posts

[Post New]by rosiebvt on Jul 16, 14 10:50 AM
kdreetz wrote:
Winged cat has been true to a cat's nature. Never given anything but wooded and rusty chests (and I've given him dozens of chances).

If you're lucky, cats choose to give you their friendship. What more do you expect from a cat LOL

Patzy140
Clownfish
Clownfish
528 Posts

[Post New]by Patzy140 on Jul 16, 14 11:20 AM
That cat should come and live with the four I have at home.

Then they could all ignore me together. Lol

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Jul 16, 14 11:35 AM
Piggy a/k/a Breakfast Sausage has brought back only 1 gold chest since the change in food. Otherwise it's rust, rust, rust filled with plain stamps and crystal balls.

Tiger is another lover of rust.

I've got 9 gold chests in one game and 5 in the other.

On the bright side, a lot of my pets bring back silver chests containing coins, diamonds, blue and green stamps.

kdreetz
Herring
Herring
333 Posts

[Post New]by kdreetz on Jul 16, 14 12:23 PM
Patzy140 wrote:That cat should come and live with the four I have at home.

Then they could all ignore me together. Lol

LOL Patzy, I have 6 cats and they ignore me unless I break open a pouch of Temptations.

Btw, the Phoenix just gave me another gold chest in the castle entry. It seems like more food shows up when he's my selected pet.

Go to: