bribling
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,396 Posts

Visually Challenging

[Post New]by bribling on Jul 4, 14 5:20 AM
I enjoyed the Demo and HE is a favorite series for me so I "bought" with credits. When I played again, I found the underwater scenes very difficult. I really am having a very hard time seeing things underwater. Thankfully there is no "click penalty" because I am resorting to a lot of that and am also using lots of Hints (I seldom use any). I finished the sunken ruins part and am now in Scotland. I hope there are no more underwater scenes. As I noted, you can click to your heart's content but if glare is a problem, you may not see something when you find it.

I used to be near sighted. After cataract surgery I am now far sighted which is a challenge in itself. I use reading glasses. Glare is a problem in some of the underwater scenes because when I get close enough to see, the glare in the glasses becomes a problem.

Keep this in mind if you have any visual challenges.

BTW, In the underwater area I found a mystery item. I have no idea what it was because the message telling me disappeared before I could back off enough to read it

Edited on 07/04/2014 at 3:53:51 PM PST

bribling
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,396 Posts

Re:Visually Challenging

[Post New]by bribling on Jul 5, 14 9:52 AM
Very small objects and glare seemed to worsen the further I got. There were no more underwater scenes but glare persisted, objects got smaller and the game became painful for me to play.

The HOS were small when they could probably have been full screen. I don't understand this. Why present them in small squares on top of the full screen background? Had they been full screen, objects would have been larger and not so painful for me and others who are visually challenged.

I am sorry to say that by the time I reached the last part of the game I was very sorry I had used my credits. There was a lot of physical pain and little enjoyment for me.

I have a 17" laptop screen yet I had to lean in to see the small objects hidden in glare. Without glasses, the glare may not have been a painful problem but I cannot see without them even with my nose nearly touching the screen.

I love these games but the next one my be a "No Buy" for me

ekstra2000
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,357 Posts

Re:Visually Challenging

[Post New]by ekstra2000 on Jul 5, 14 12:36 PM
I have the same issues...have to keep the screen of my laptop really close to see things. Then my roommate "helpfully" turns on a lamp and exacerbates the situation. I am guessing that the mystery accomplishment was for touching the whale. I have two of them and I think the other was also for touching an animal that was "extraneous" to the page solution.

Go to: