Post your TECH ISSUES for Secrets of the Dark: The Flower of Shadow Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by pondprowler on Jul 5, 14 12:33 AM
A thread for your tech issues!

(Please note: I am not a BFG employee or a tech expert, I'm just posting this thread to help give a place for people having trouble to post their issues. Instead of PMing me with your questions, which I probably can't answer, please POST YOUR ISSUE or questions in this thread!
Thanks!
~pp)

Edited on 07/05/2014 at 6:40:22 AM PST

lizmcduff
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

Re:Post your TECH ISSUES for Secrets of the Dark: The Flower of Shadow Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by lizmcduff on Jul 5, 14 12:57 AM
i really like the look of this game but the movement is SO slow i quit after 10mins! i'll try downloading it again if it looks like i'm the only one who has this issue!

KCCT
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

Re:Post your TECH ISSUES for Secrets of the Dark: The Flower of Shadow Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by KCCT on Jul 5, 14 1:02 AM
Good lord, you trying to make me go blind? The graphics are the worst that I have ever seen. This one is a dud from the go.

rara3462
Guppy
Guppy
108 Posts

[Post New]by rara3462 on Jul 5, 14 1:47 AM
If we had a wind up button maybe it would speed up.
Objects floating forever to get to your inventory
Shame think it would be a good game if it didn't take forever to do one thing

twin222
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by twin222 on Jul 5, 14 2:57 AM
Same here.... sorry - couldn`t play longer than 5 minutes. The graphics and resolution is unbearable. That`s a pity as the game looks great and the other games of "secrets of the dark" were perfect in resolution and graphics.

Please fix and update the game.

HP Laptop, Windows 8, all drivers just checked and updated.

Edit: Just tried to change the options in the game menu - clicked "wide screen" off - resolution and graphics are fine now - though not on full screen unfortunately. But fine enough for me.

Edited on 07/05/2014 at 9:24:27 AM PST

firebird40
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by firebird40 on Jul 5, 14 2:58 AM
game opened with a very small screen and won't go to normal size, although if you take the widescreen off it's at least playable. Needless to say, I figured if it was glitchy from the beginning, it would only get worse. Uninstalled it.

[Post New]by KozmicBlues on Jul 5, 14 3:11 AM
I have placed all the photos in the correct frames but can't get the album, nor the key.... help!

[Post New]by shelterhill on Jul 5, 14 3:19 AM
I'm glad I'm not the only one with issues about the slowness... My, I first thought it was my PC.. this is not even playable, too bad..

[Post New]by nunudog on Jul 5, 14 4:32 AM
I all so had the problem with the photo game, had to skip it in the end. all so the map, judders when you want to move to another location, and some times wont let you jump to another location. wont be buying this one till all sorted out.

[Post New]by julesm on Jul 5, 14 4:40 AM
Really disappointed with this game!!! Bought it, thinking it would get better, but no!!! Have reached the pet shop, only to come across a glitch with the hop, cant place the magnet, therefore can not go any further. Shocking!!! Please find a fix big fish or money back!!!!

[Post New]by AngelFish49 on Jul 5, 14 4:44 AM
I agree with everyone. This game is much too slow to spend my money. I have no computer issues. SLOW SLOW SLOW.

jaylake
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

[Post New]by jaylake on Jul 5, 14 5:09 AM
I too had to skip the photo game. Map judders and cannot be used. Also can anyone tell me where to place the Magnet in the HOG in the pet shop. If this is also a tech issue I cannot go further with the game as reliant on the given object at the end

Help appreciated

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Jul 5, 14 5:41 AM
What is the meaning of beta this game! The devs listen not to the people who tested this game.

Shame on you, devs!

_DD_
Flounder
Flounder
2,115 Posts

[Post New]by _DD_ on Jul 5, 14 5:47 AM
As always, it would be helpful to know what system everyone is playing on, to see whether there's a pattern. I wonder whether Win 8 might be the culprit.

Demo'd the game on PC
Win 7 Professional (Service Pack 1) 64 Bit, NVidia GeForce GTX 670

w/o problems, esp. no slowness at all.

Quailridge
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by Quailridge on Jul 5, 14 6:03 AM
I am running on Mac, OS Maverick and the demo won't even open for me. Crashes and I have un and reinstalled. Seems to be a trend with many of the games lately.

petrac
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by petrac on Jul 5, 14 6:24 AM
Bought this game without reviewing. Never usually do that but looked great. So glad I used free game credits. Game is slow, slow, slow. Unbelievable!!!!
BFG please fix this as a priority.

[Post New]by NancySusan on Jul 5, 14 6:27 AM
I'm running the demo on Windows 8, with NVIDIA GEForce, with a 23" monitor. As soon as the game came up, I could see it was stretched sideways a bit more than usual, and on the opening screen, a small window popped up from my monitor's program telling me to adjust the resolution to 1920x1080. I ignored this, since that is the resolution I use. However, once I got into the game, I realized that the inventory and wherever the menu button is hiding were hidden below the bottom of the screen. I ended up doing cntl-alt-del, and then the game brought up a screen with resume and exit on it, so I was able to exit, but obviously I can't play a game where I can't see what's in inventory. I re-checked my computer and it is 1920x1080, so I don't know what to do about it, but the game is unplayable as it is.

After reading comments on this game, I redownloaded it and experimented with taking it off widescreen, which just made it grainy, but still left the right hand side and bottom slightly off the screen. Taking it off fullscreen just made it into a window on my desktop. So, it doesn't work.

Edited on 07/06/2014 at 5:28:30 AM PST

bfgWendwater
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,911 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWendwater on Jul 5, 14 6:40 AM
Hey there Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Jul 5, 14 6:45 AM
_DD_ wrote:As always, it would be helpful to know what system everyone is playing on, to see whether there's a pattern. I wonder whether Win 8 might be the culprit.

Demo'd the game on PC
Win 7 Professional (Service Pack 1) 64 Bit, NVidia GeForce GTX 670

w/o problems, esp. no slowness at all.

I'm running exactly the same set-up apart from having a Radeon HD5670 graphics card. No issues at all with slowness or any problems with the demo.

[Post New]by amalthea1221 on Jul 5, 14 6:53 AM
I am having problems with my hint button - it only points to the upper left corner of my screen no matter what I am trying to use it on - I'm stuck on the very first HOP because I can't find some of the objects. So for me right now the game in unplayable.

Go to: