Sweetg12651
Guppy
Guppy
181 Posts

Sending/receiving messages in the game

[Post New]by Sweetg12651 on Jul 5, 14 4:59 PM
When I send/receive messages in the game, I can go back and re-read messages that I've received until I decide to delete them, but can't find where my posted messages are. Where do I find the messages that I've sent, or are they not saved in the game.

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

Re:Sending/receiving messages in the game

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Jul 5, 14 6:39 PM
I am not aware of the ability to keep in game messages sent. Perhaps someone else knows...

susanlnels
Clownfish
Clownfish
565 Posts

[Post New]by susanlnels on Jul 5, 14 11:10 PM
My messages only go so many back and with all the key exchanging, I only have about a day and a half's worth of "messages received" still in my queue. I am not aware of the ability to view messages sent after they're sent.

Oddly--thank you so much for the great spread sheet of collectibles!!!

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Jul 6, 14 3:11 AM
You bet.

wulfruna
Flounder
Flounder
2,249 Posts

[Post New]by wulfruna on Jul 6, 14 7:40 AM
I also find it a nuisance that there is no record of messages sent. This would be a useful addition, and maybe it should be added to our suggestions to BoomZap for improvements. I don't think anyone has suggested it to them directly, and they do actually take note of things like this if we put it on their website. I'm happy to ask them about it and see what they say.

Sweetg12651
Guppy
Guppy
181 Posts

[Post New]by Sweetg12651 on Jul 6, 14 7:56 AM
My memory "ain't what it used to be". My problem with not being able to see my sent messages is that if I PM someone in the game to ask or give advice/help, I sometimes forget which of my friends I had that particular conversation with. And it's embarassing when you match up the wrong "game" name to the wrong "forum" name. Thanks Wulfruna for posting a message in BZ about this.

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Jul 6, 14 8:04 AM
Yes, please Wulf.

Sweet I am having much more trouble with the in game emails - I deleted something in error, a line I will remember but wanted the exact wording of and had planned on writing it down else where. Just one of those just that moment kind of things... but alas, deleted. <sigh>

I am having a devil of a time with the forum PMs today. Trying to update some postings in the forum and it is also not cooperating, I am about to give up....

Edited on 07/06/2014 at 8:05:28 AM PST

LXC12
Minnow
Minnow
230 Posts

[Post New]by LXC12 on Jul 6, 14 8:43 AM
wulfruna wrote:I also find it a nuisance that there is no record of messages sent. This would be a useful addition, and maybe it should be added to our suggestions to BoomZap for improvements. I don't think anyone has suggested it to them directly, and they do actually take note of things like this if we put it on their website. I'm happy to ask them about it and see what they say.

Thanks, wulfruna, that would be very handy indeed!

JB4510
Guppy
Guppy
199 Posts

[Post New]by JB4510 on Jul 26, 14 5:07 AM
I'm having difficulty messaging specific people. For example, let's say John gives me a key. Since I still need to complete the 100 messages quest, I could send him quick Thank You, and thus, be both polite and have that count toward my quest.

The problem is a) I can't just reply to the message that alerted me that John sent me a key and b) I can't find John in my list.

If I use the Message center to try to send a new message, it opens a short list of about 15-20 names. I can't type a name in and I can't scroll down through the list shown to see any other names.

If I try to go through my Friends list under the Friends tab, I have over a hundred ppl in no discernible order. It's not alphabetical or even by level or status. I can scroll through to the end, but in doing that it goes by very quickly. If I try to scroll slowly to see individual names, it keep refreshing and going back to the beginning.

It's very frustrating. All of my buildings are level 5 so I don't think that is the issue.

Edited on 07/26/2014 at 5:08:16 AM PST

Dirk_Tee
Clownfish
Clownfish
556 Posts

[Post New]by Dirk_Tee on Jul 26, 14 5:17 AM
The sequence is the order in which the friends requests were sent/accepted. But that's probably not any help.
When I want to scroll slowly through my friends list, I use the scroll wheel of my mouse. But I don't have that refreshing problem that you mention, so I'm not sure if you can do the same.

strandman
Guppy
Guppy
143 Posts

[Post New]by strandman on Jul 26, 14 8:41 AM
it would be nice if the messages that I have received, had a date included.

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Jul 26, 14 10:00 AM
JB, are you trying to use the sweeping motion on your friends list. You can grab it on the right and sweep it to the left and it will move. I don't remember if there was ever a scrolling mechanism on the list itself (although it seems perhaps there was) I am not exactly sure what you are describing and not sure this is the remedy. I don't know of any way to send an originating email other than finding the person you your list.

JB4510
Guppy
Guppy
199 Posts

[Post New]by JB4510 on Jul 31, 14 5:33 AM
Thanks everyone. It was a just an glitch I guess. Now I can use the mouse to scroll and stop on individual people and send messages, give keys, etc. It's still such a pain when I want to give a key to someone who gave me one, I have to scroll through the entire thing until I find them. It's like mini-game in and of itself

JB4510
Guppy
Guppy
199 Posts

We Need a Programmer...

[Post New]by JB4510 on Jul 31, 14 6:43 AM
..that can figure out how we can go into the game database on our end and print out a list of our friends in order to make our own spreadsheets.

I guess I am rather persnickety but I literally spend anywhere from 45-90 minutes each morning, going back and forth between my message list and my friends list trying to give keys to those that gave to me, especially if when it is the first time I have received one from a person.

I guess I'm going to have make a manual list by hand, then enter it into a spreadsheet. If I do manage to accomplish this, let me know if anyone wants me to share my spreadsheet so you can use it with your friend list info.

Go to: