bfgVaiya
Salmon
Salmon
2,557 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Myths of the World: Of Fiends and Fairies here

[Post New]by bfgVaiya on Jul 6, 14 8:54 AM
Hello Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Myths of the World: Of Fiends and Fairies here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Myths of the World: Of Fiends and Fairies.
2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.
3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.
4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgVaiya

bessiegirl
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by bessiegirl on Jul 9, 14 8:00 AM
Hard to believe I'm the first review here....odd.

Well this was a long one for a SE. As usual with these games the graphics, animations and color were amazing. I realize this has gotten some terrific reviews and it should but I found it a bit too much...to much of everything.

Very unique HOS and puzzles and A LOT of things to do throughout the entire game..however it appears that the devs threw everything they had into this game....way too much dialog and "cinimatics" and when I realized they did not affect the gameplay I skipped them all...so tiring and the question and answer puzzle was way over done. I don't use walkthroughs and I don't feel you really need one for this game.

Puzzles within puzzles, HOS within HOS and all different kinds. I felt this game was never going to end! A very good transporter map and the hint and skip refresh very quickly (I play casual) made the game move along effectively and were very much needed. I started out really enjoying the game, but got very tired of it after awhile.

Story was not new....bad witch wants to open a portal and let the bad guy in so she can control the world but is saved by an "appointed one". Voice-overs were a bit annoying probably because there were so many cutscenes and cinematics.

I guess it is for you to decide. Hard to rate this because it was so well done and crafted, but outside of that I can say for me it was only a 3+ out of 5.

Edited on 07/09/2014 at 8:03:24 AM PST

qpr1
Clownfish
Clownfish
733 Posts

[Post New]by qpr1 on Jul 10, 14 5:49 PM
I played 10 mins and got bored

addieh
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by addieh on Oct 1, 14 1:59 PM
So far I've liked all the Myths of the world collection. My love of fairies and anything Celtic drew me to this game. It was an interesting adventure and I enjoyed it thoroughly. I think the thing I loved most was the music and then the HOP scenes. I liked the double aspect of it.
Am looking forward to the next Myths of the world game.

[Post New]by Giuliad on Jan 25, 15 4:42 AM
The game is lovely, but it is not always simple to click on objects to catch them. I loved the idea of dialogues and it could be developed with more refinement in future.
I really would love to know who is the guard/harp player in the game/at the opening menu: the character seems a real potrait of someone.

roaming
Clownfish
Clownfish
644 Posts

[Post New]by roaming on Feb 3, 15 7:41 AM
bessiegirl wrote:... I realize this has gotten some terrific reviews, and it should, but I found it a bit too much...too much of everything.

Very unique HOS and puzzles and A LOT of things to do throughout the entire game..however, it appears that the devs threw everything they had into this game....way too much dialog and "cinematics," and when I realized they did not affect the gameplay, I skipped them all...so tiring, and the question and answer puzzle was way over done.
I, too, started out thinking, "What a cute game," but became very bored and frustrated with it after a while. The game is very slow-moving and complicated due to all the endlessly tedious Stuff going on. It was all just too clever by half. Exhausting! Once it became clear that all that Stuff would continue ad nauseum through the entire game, I quit.

Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by 1319 on Feb 12, 15 6:02 AM
Hate dialogues, but game was great. Graphics were great and different HOS. It was a wonderful break from the same old same old.

MsNetty61
Guppy
Guppy
190 Posts

[Post New]by MsNetty61 on Apr 29, 15 11:21 AM
Did not like the question/answer dialogue, and although the HOs were ok there's something stopping me from really liking this game. NO BUY

Go to: