HELP! I missed looking at the note in emily's drawer - now the game won't let me go back

[Post New]by gypsyorchid on Mar 29, 09 8:36 PM
HELP! I missed looking at the note in emily's drawer - now the game won't let me go back & it won't accept the code to open the bottom of the big clock, even though I am keying in the correct code (which I found online). ! I know I am close to the end & I REALLY don't want to have to start WAY back from the scene where I SHOULD have looked in emily's drawer!
Does anyone know what I can do to fix this problem, or to get emily out of her room so I can look at the letter? Everytime I try she keeps saying "you don't need to look at everything in there, do you?"
AHHHHHHH!!!

julesyhedgehog
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,850 Posts

Re:HELP! I missed looking at the note in emily's drawer - now the game won't let me go back

[Post New]by julesyhedgehog on Apr 10, 09 5:54 PM
Emily should still be gone from her room so you should be able to get into her window seat drawer to get to the note.

julesy

Re:HELP! I missed looking at the note in emily's drawer - now the game won't let me go back

[Post New]by gypsyorchid on Apr 21, 09 7:08 PM
The problem is Emily never left her room. Only the Guardian lady left the podium, but now she has returned. Is this a glitch? Is there a patch! I really don't want to start all over again!
Thanks so much!

julesyhedgehog
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,850 Posts

[Post New]by julesyhedgehog on Apr 24, 09 7:42 PM
No, it's not a glitch. If Jane has left her podium, make sure to look behind her podium. There is an important clue there. Then follow the clue and you will discover Em has left her room.

julesy

[Post New]by Swaneling on Jun 1, 11 3:16 AM
how do u make Jane leave the podium?

DutchJames
Clownfish
Clownfish
559 Posts

[Post New]by DutchJames on Jun 1, 11 3:22 AM
Jim Archer will ask you to sow his wife's dress. You can ask Jane to do it, but she will tell you that she can't. If you go to Emily's room, she will allow you to use the sewing machine, but there is no needle in it. Emily will tell you that Jane will know where to find the needle. If you ask Jane, she will offer to look for it and give you a puzzle to arrange pies. Finish that, go back inside and Jane will be gone.

[Post New]by Swaneling on Jun 1, 11 3:39 AM
Thanks DutchJames! Gonna see Jim

roxiestar74
Minnow
Minnow
290 Posts

[Post New]by roxiestar74 on Jun 10, 14 2:33 AM
Spoiler Alert...

I was stuck in the same part of the game and what other people wrote here was too vague to help me. I honestly thought there was a glitch in my game since nothing I did would get Emily to leave her room. You do need to find the clue behind Jane's podium, and you get her to leave by asking her to get a needle for you. Finding the picture might not help you figure out what to do next though. It shows some men inside the secret passageway. But if you already found the secret passageway you might think you already did everything you needed to do in there (i.e. Creepy Corner's puzzle, spying on Richard Topham). If you have done those things, there is still one more thing left to do, and that is to click on one of the lamps near where you enter from Lilac Inn, and it will cause another passageway to appear. Once you go through this passageway and see the secret behind it, Emily will finally leave. This was not explained to me in any of the walkthroughs I saw, which made me think I had a glitch, and I wanted to explain it here in case anyone else gets stuck in the same place that I was.

Go to: