Please post your TECH ISSUES for Mysteries and Nightmares: Morgiana here

[Post New]by pondprowler on Jul 7, 14 12:33 AM
A thread for your tech issues!

(Please note: I am not a BFG employee or a tech expert, I'm just posting this thread to help give a place for people having trouble to post their issues. Instead of PMing me with your questions, which I probably can't answer, please POST YOUR ISSUE or questions in this thread!
Thanks!
~pp)

Edited on 07/07/2014 at 8:32:35 AM PST

judy76073
Clownfish
Clownfish
531 Posts

Re:Please post your TECH ISSUES for Mysteries and Nightmares: Morgiana here

[Post New]by judy76073 on Jul 7, 14 7:47 AM
will be deleting this game. once I clicked "play" - there was no menu - the game was not full screen and was off center - could not get out of it other than by "Ctrl-Alt-Delete".

bfgVaiya
Salmon
Salmon
2,557 Posts

[Post New]by bfgVaiya on Jul 7, 14 8:32 AM
Hey there Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgVaiya

imjaws2
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by imjaws2 on Jul 7, 14 9:37 AM
I can't even get it to download without it freezing up my browser and everything else. Have to use the control-alt-delete to bring ny browser back up.

tlhwest
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by tlhwest on Jul 7, 14 10:00 AM
When I clicked on Play in the Game Manager, the screen went to black for a second or two, then I got bumped back to the desktop. I kept trying, but to no avail. What's going on??

[Post New]by Catvison on Jul 7, 14 11:54 AM
Hello everybody, this game is really amazing, and also the graphics are stunning! But I'm stuck in the part of the old well. got my lamp with fire flies, can't do anything right now! And no sparkles on the map!!! Waaah, somebody help me please???

Karel_LGC
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by Karel_LGC on Jul 7, 14 12:42 PM
Catvison wrote:Hello everybody, this game is really amazing, and also the graphics are stunning! But I'm stuck in the part of the old well. got my lamp with fire flies, can't do anything right now! And no sparkles on the map!!! Waaah, somebody help me please???

Hi Catvision.

You can use the lamp with fireflies to acces the HO scene in the Well (its on the right).

HoneyVegas
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by HoneyVegas on Jul 7, 14 3:16 PM
The game could be rather good, if every aspect was visible in full screen, too tiny to see a thing in the smaller but complete screen. Full screen is appalling! cuts off navigation, menu, and inventory, some other vital details seem to be off screen too!
HO scenes don't even display what you've to find, no view of options or 'quit' (exit by Cont/Alt/Delete only!! ) Big Fish, do you test anything before flogging to us poor idiots these days?

kayjay97
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by kayjay97 on Jul 7, 14 4:02 PM
tlhwest wrote:When I clicked on Play in the Game Manager, the screen went to black for a second or two, then I got bumped back to the desktop. I kept trying, but to no avail. What's going on??

This is happening to me also

VTCT
Clownfish
Clownfish
591 Posts

[Post New]by VTCT on Jul 7, 14 5:12 PM
I can't use either the BF Manager or download!! What is happing?

mlc9
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by mlc9 on Jul 7, 14 5:25 PM
I cannot click on anything! I can't control the mouse pointer at all. It keeps skipping around the screen. Ridiculous!

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on Jul 7, 14 7:11 PM
Karel_LGC wrote:
Catvison wrote:Hello everybody, this game is really amazing, and also the graphics are stunning! But I'm stuck in the part of the old well. got my lamp with fire flies, can't do anything right now! And no sparkles on the map!!! Waaah, somebody help me please???

Hi Catvision.

You can use the lamp with fireflies to acces the HO scene in the Well (its on the right).

Just a word of warning to everyone about that lamp - There is a game breaking glitch with it!

The first time you use it, it's fine, at least my game was. The second time I had to go into that scene, the lamp was there to use as before, but I had to pause just as I entered the scene. When I came back, I was outside the HOP with the lamp back in my inventory, which it should not be. Now I can't get back into the HOP puzzle because it tells me I need more light, but the lamp can't be moved from my inventory to use. So it looks like I just played hours and hours of the game only to be stopped dead in my tracks by this glitch... Not very happy at the moment.

This just happened, so I haven't tried uninstalling/reinstalling, though exiting the game and going back in didn't help. If I find there's a solution, I'll update.

**UPDATE**
No solution, short of starting the game again and not ever pausing until you're through with the HOP. My best advice is just that: don't pause in or back out of the dark cave HOP until you're done with it. You have to play it at least twice.

I was able to continue my game, but only after I figured out how to alter my saved game file to erase the error, but that wasn't an easy task.

Edited on 07/08/2014 at 8:32:35 AM PST

Melymc
Guppy
Guppy
188 Posts

[Post New]by Melymc on Jul 7, 14 9:57 PM
This game stops working (freezes) all of the sudden on me. I have to, CTL/ALT/DLT, to end task the game. Then to remove the end task screen, I have to restart my computer . I've never had to do that before. This combined with the extreme slowness of the game, makes me very unhappy. I don't know if the slowness is a glitch or the norm. But, I've decided to move on until the problems have been fixed.

Giliraz
Herring
Herring
339 Posts

[Post New]by Giliraz on Jul 9, 14 3:09 AM
judy76073 wrote:will be deleting this game. once I clicked "play" - there was no menu - the game was not full screen and was off center - could not get out of it other than by "Ctrl-Alt-Delete".

same problem....

player75
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by player75 on Jul 9, 14 5:53 AM
found a walkthrough on utube.

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Jul 10, 14 7:52 AM
I wish I had read about the lantern glitch earlier. I have no idea how to alter my saved files, and am pretty sure I don't want to go to all that trouble. This is the ninth game I have been unable to finish in a period of less than 8 months.

Edit to say: BTW, I acquired this game with a coupon code that was a replacement for another game that didn't work.

Edited on 07/11/2014 at 7:35:37 AM PST

maat1957
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by maat1957 on Jul 10, 14 6:19 PM
Same problem here with the lamp glitch. I told myself I was going to read all the tech issues before I played any more games, but I forgot. This game was okay, but I'm not sure I like it enough to start over. I think I will just ask for ANOTHER refund. Out of the last 10 games I have purchased I think there have been more that were glitchy than what were playable. I wish they would go back to making games that you could save along the way. At least then, I could go back and try again after reading about the problem.

[Post New]by mythicalclone1 on Jul 10, 14 9:14 PM
Having problems with the lamp as well. Fooey!

mlcm115
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by mlcm115 on Jul 11, 14 9:17 AM
Im having problems with fireflies filled lamp, it wont pick up & go onto the sparkled area? I have tried everything, not working. Shame, I bought this game because it was so good during the free hour trial, & now, problems with this area? Any new advice from anyone???? Thanks, Maureen mlcm115

lizhot
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by lizhot on Jul 12, 14 8:04 PM
I also have problems with the firefly glitch. I need an update, please. I paid for it. Help me, tech!!!

Go to: