bfgVaiya
Salmon
Salmon
2,557 Posts

Post any Nightfall: An Edgar Allan Poe Mystery technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgVaiya on Jul 7, 14 2:39 PM
Hey there Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to Big Fish Games Help. Using Big Fish Games Help is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Big Fish Games Help, please get in touch with our Customer Support team. You can find a link to contact our Technical Support Team HERE.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgVaiya

Edited on 03/11/2017 at 2:05:00 PM PST

Re:Post any Nightfall: An Edgar Allan Poe Mystery technical issues here only

[Post New]by ines93 on Jul 9, 14 1:32 PM
Hello. When clicking on "zombies" icon to search them the game crashes. Please help

Sizzy
Guppy
Guppy
136 Posts

[Post New]by Sizzy on Jul 9, 14 3:15 PM
Same happened to me when I got the zombies, game crashed.

akferret
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by akferret on Jul 9, 14 4:39 PM
I can't do zombies either,it crashes.

[Post New]by LostCorCor on Jul 9, 14 6:02 PM
Crash when clicking on Zombie quest

Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260 (yes old)
RAM: 4.00 GB

While in game play, clicking on the Zombie quest caused game to lock up, only way to progress was by terminating the game. Crash only isolated to clicking on Zombie Quest icon on the side. No other crashes reported. May not be specific to just level 6.

Repro Steps:

1. Progress game till level 6
2. Observe Zombie quest on let portion of screen
3. Clicked on Zombie quest
4. Observe game lock up.

Reproduced 4/4 times.

There is a little bit of info, not sure if it helps. I know this will be resolved soon enough you guys rock!

[Post New]by Takara_Soong on Jul 9, 14 11:11 PM
I'm having the same issue with the zombies. I'm using Windows 8.1 professional.

Lilabelle
Clownfish
Clownfish
516 Posts

[Post New]by Lilabelle on Jul 10, 14 2:43 AM
Zombies caused crash, playing widows 8.1

Also have other issue. I like to play using my windows 8.1 touch, but this game is not very compatible. Having to double tap and at times triple tap is a tad annoying. It should work with just one touch. If you have plans to issue this on a tablet maybe you should do a few tweaks here first because as we all know there are no mice to be found on most tablets.

Other then that your new game looks to be a winner.

bfgVaiya
Salmon
Salmon
2,557 Posts

[Post New]by bfgVaiya on Jul 10, 14 10:11 AM
Hey Everyone,

Thank you so much for letting us know about this issue. We've forwarded this to the devs, and hopefully we can get a fix soon.

Once we know more, we'll post an announcement here in the forum!

bfgVaiya

moxiemoll
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

[Post New]by moxiemoll on Jul 10, 14 3:17 PM
Same here happened when clicking on the zombies quest
Windows Vista Home Premium
GeForce 9600GT Nvidia
6GB RAM

Edited on 07/10/2014 at 3:22:04 PM PST

[Post New]by dekwp57 on Jul 10, 14 5:12 PM
Same problem here, but questioned answered. glad to know you're working on the problem. thanks BFG

govols2
Shark
Shark
11,575 Posts

[Post New]by govols2 on Jul 10, 14 9:49 PM
I think as long as you don't try to do the zombie quest until their is a fix it should work ok. Will try to continue without clicking on it again since it crashed

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jul 10, 14 10:13 PM
Thank you all for the warning regarding the zombies. I am now on level 6 - loving this game - and just don't click on the zombies until ERS will have this fixed. In the meantime, there are lots of other quests to deal with.

Great game!! Has become my number 1 F2P game.

[Post New]by LostCorCor on Jul 12, 14 7:15 AM
Small update:

Do not click on the Zombies quest when you are in your office, it will allow you to accept the quest but every time you go to the main map the game crashes.

This includes exiting out of the game and entering again.

kittyfish51
Marlin
Marlin
8,439 Posts

[Post New]by kittyfish51 on Jul 12, 14 3:15 PM
Same problem with the zombies..... the game crashes. I am going to try to play ignoring that task and see if it works... Kitty

akferret
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by akferret on Jul 12, 14 5:30 PM
Now a different problem! My computer crashed, when I started the game again it said my profile was corrupt and that it had wiped it, it also wiped out whatever I had purchased with money from my pocket! I don't think I should have to accept that loss, and I hope bf can do something about it. Really kind of annoyed. Plus I can't afford to lose money just because the game isn't capable of creating a back up file for what we spend.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jul 12, 14 6:09 PM
akferret, this is still a beta version of the game, and therefore you could expect glitches to appear.

That said, you should contact Customer Services and let them know what happened. I am sure they will be able to help.

akferret
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by akferret on Jul 13, 14 12:11 AM
Thanks Valdy, I did, and its not like it was a lot of money, less I spend monthly on games from BF, but its frustrating all the same... I love this game so I hope they get it together soon, zombies and corrupted and erased profiles lol.

I'll see what customer service has to say, they're always really great with this kind of thing.

[Post New]by pahkina on Jul 14, 14 5:34 AM
I've noticed that there is something strange happening with crystals/diamonds. The number keeps diminishing even though I'm not using them. Today I started with 91 crystals and now I'm at 85. I've just visited Gendarmery a few times and not bought anything.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jul 15, 14 5:50 PM
There is an update now !! Hopefully it deals with the Zombies.

For some reason, when I try to install the update I get: App couldn't connect to BF server. I get that a lot lately...

ETA: It also tells me to make sure I am connected to the internet.
Would I be able to write my post if I wasn't?

Edited on 07/15/2014 at 5:53:26 PM PST

[Post New]by melvel on Jul 15, 14 6:26 PM
ok, so i'm trying to play this game and there's usually a place at the beginning for options, this did not have it. as i start playing i realize it's in windowed mode not full screen so i can't even see 1/4 of the game play. i actually make it to level 2, but by now i'm so frustrated i want to exit-and i can't even do that!

Go to: