Fishpole
Clownfish
Clownfish
556 Posts

Re: All the Complaints - Just my Two cents worth!

[Post New]by Fishpole on Jul 9, 14 3:57 PM
I usually come in here once or twice a day while I`m waiting for my `time` to let me go around again to complete one `quest` or another.
Just to see...what`s new, what`s happening etc....

And I`ve noticed lately that things have gotten VERY negative. I don`t know if this is due to the wait time some players are experiencing or what.

But, for example, there is complaints about the `Wheel` not giving out worthwhile gifts, the `Dice Game` being rigged, the `find` button not working for the `Daily Quests`, just to name a few.

My question to you is....`How much money have you put into this game`

I`m not saying that you don`t have the right to voice your complaints. That`s what the `Forum` is for.

But think about the work & creativity that HAS to go into crafting a game such as this. The artwork itself is exquisite and the developers have to be forward thinking in their updating - giving us new content that will be both challenging & rewarding. And this takes time.

They are giving us this for free! Just think about it.....before you start in on your next complaint.

Ask yourself `What have I given to the game besides hours of having fun & making new friends`

Re:Re: All the Complaints - Just my Two cents worth!

[Post New]by kiwidownunder on Jul 9, 14 4:39 PM
Well Worth Two Cents Fishpole

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Jul 9, 14 5:01 PM
Well, I was so frustrated, I finally took a chance and bought gems for both games. Now I am totally dependent upon the game giving me stamps, at least in my first game. In the second, I give a big shout out to those who are gifting them to me daily...even so, they go so quickly, that I am needing them again. I do know I am not the only one, but to me that isn't a technical issue, so I may vent about it, but I don't expect it to change. I think a lot of the complaining is simply frustration.

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Jul 9, 14 6:41 PM
So far I have spent money on the game each time there is a new release. I am a member of the BFG Club so I get a discount. On the PC game, I can buy diamonds at 50 for $1.39, 130 for $3.49 and 275 for $6.99. I work and earn a good salary and I don’t mind buying diamonds. I have even bought diamonds so I could buy pet eggs to gift to other players. There are a lot of players that are proud that they have not paid the developers anything for playing the game. I am proud that I have paid the developers for the game.

I am in favor of spending money on the game for the reason Fishpole gave, it has given me lots of hours of fun. It has also given me lots of hours of frustration, so I think some complaining okay. When I go to a store and buy something I expect it to be in working order, to have all the parts, to not be dented or scratched, to not be torn or have a broken zipper, etc. I think the same should hold true for a game.

Games should be tested and not released until all the glitches are worked out. Some glitches occur because of shortcomings in computer systems or video cards or outdated drivers and that is where tech support can help players update everything. But other glitches in this game have been pointed out to the developers and they have not been fixed. I think for the amount of time this game has been out that the known glitches should have been addressed.

The problem with not getting coins every time you collect 5 flowers has been a known issue for a long time but the developers don’t want to spend time on fixing it because it is not totally broken. If you bought a bicycle and the brakes worked 90 percent of the time would that be good enough?

Why haven’t they had a sale? We have been playing with glitches from the beginning but they haven’t compensated the players in any way. In a store if you buy something that is damaged you always get a discount.

I think perhaps I have been playing this game too long. I am trying to stay interested but it is hard to do. I recently started a Midnight Castle word game in the forum to help give a little extra interest to the game but someone encased it in cement, put chains and a big padlock on it and threw it into the ocean. I guess you know where it is now. Maybe I should go down there and keep it company.

Edited on 08/16/2014 at 5:04:25 AM PST

Fishpole
Clownfish
Clownfish
556 Posts

[Post New]by Fishpole on Jul 9, 14 7:27 PM
I'm really sorry to hear that you feel that way LizzieK.

For what it's worth, although I didn't participate I did enjoy reading the various 'feeds' on your little word game.

I really don't understand why it was stopped, as it seemed to be 'Castle Related', unlike some of the content on here and definitely was providing a relief as well as helping a lot of players out if I read the comments correctly. It apparently made them look at the Inventory in a whole new way.

Perhaps, they will re-think this matter and reinstate the game!

As for the 'flowers', I just look upon them as sort of a bonus.....if I get them....Fine! Half the time when I go into a scene I don't even bother to try & collect them unless they are right there in front of me.

I too have spent 'real' money on the game. And the way I look at it is I would be spending this money to buy a CE or a SE anyway. So if I put out a few dollars once or twice every few months just to support the developers it's well worth it to me. I don't have a good paying job....I'm on an Old Age Pension, so I do watch what I spend but this game has provided MANY hours, days, months of enjoyment.

Please....have heart and don't let yourself drown down there - OK!? We need all the good, fun-loving people that we can get here in the Forum.

pepsizest1
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by pepsizest1 on Jul 10, 14 7:21 AM

Hi....
Since a dinna hae a word game to play..."muttering summit real unladylike unner my breath"
Here's my tuppence worth...

I love the game and the graphics and a real plus point is the music disna hae me pulling me hair out.

I once purchased diamonds fer the bows and paws (shudder) only to find that "The Find path" didna work...."air round here was a wee bitty blue" as i collected useless items that got me nowhere!
I vowed i wid no do that again....

But...Having now had weeks o therapy ta rid mesel fae the horrors i faced and replaced the monitor i threw oot the windie! " okay that's a wee white lie"
I think...If the next update proves to be stable i probably would part wie some dosh!

Cos~~~The games ACE

playerpop
Herring
Herring
306 Posts

[Post New]by playerpop on Jul 10, 14 8:55 AM
LizzieK. Your word game probably would still be there if it didn't get to insulting remarks. I guess the mod could have just deleted those remarks.

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Jul 10, 14 10:36 AM
There were many who spent money on this game, only to have multiple problems...some were even totally locked out for a lengthy period of time. I don't mind spending money on games, as I get hours of enjoyment from them, but with the problems I have, I also didn't want to waste my bucks, either. I was actually shocked, shocked I tell you, that my purchases went through, and I received my gems without any glitches Having those extra gems does make a difference...but I will not buy those highly priced stamps. So am still stuck, needing blues, browns, and now greens, too

I do think this is the most beautiful game I have ever played. Always amazed at the level of detail not only to the scenes but many of the items we need to collect, and as one who always liked opening up chests, and locked doors, I love the way many of them open up in this game...I don't get tired, or bored watching them do so. Just wish the technical team was on par with the design team!

eta: If anyone remembers, word games almost took over the chic chat corner, and I think they just don't want to deal with that starting up again.

Edited on 07/10/2014 at 10:38:17 AM PST

playerpop
Herring
Herring
306 Posts

Re: All the Complaints - Just my Two cents worth!

[Post New]by playerpop on Jul 10, 14 1:05 PM
Fishpole wrote:I usually come in here once or twice a day while I`m waiting for my `time` to let me go around again to complete one `quest` or another.
Just to see...what`s new, what`s happening etc....

And I`ve noticed lately that things have gotten VERY negative. I don`t know if this is due to the wait time some players are experiencing or what.

But, for example, there is complaints about the `Wheel` not giving out worthwhile gifts, the `Dice Game` being rigged, the `find` button not working for the `Daily Quests`, just to name a few.

My question to you is....`How much money have you put into this game`

I`m not saying that you don`t have the right to voice your complaints. That`s what the `Forum` is for.

But think about the work & creativity that HAS to go into crafting a game such as this. The artwork itself is exquisite and the developers have to be forward thinking in their updating - giving us new content that will be both challenging & rewarding. And this takes time.

They are giving us this for free! Just think about it.....before you start in on your next complaint.

Ask yourself `What have I given to the game besides hours of having fun & making new friends`

playerpop
Herring
Herring
306 Posts

[Post New]by playerpop on Jul 10, 14 1:10 PM
I agree with you fishpole. I think if people do not like the game or/and rules they should start their own. Making a complaint is fine but harping on the decision is not fine.

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Jul 11, 14 11:49 AM
I have been thinking about the lovely jewelry items that could be created...would that I had that talent, and the means to do so.

[Post New]by kiwidownunder on Jul 11, 14 1:32 PM
WolfenRaindancer wrote:I have been thinking about the lovely jewelry items that could be created...would that I had that talent, and the means to do so.

G'day Liz,You Can Do Whatever You Like In This Big Beautifull World

lewislynda
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by lewislynda on Jul 11, 14 2:26 PM
I love the game, sure there are a few glitches, but it is free. I have played other free games, like Playdom, and found that the more you gripe, the quicker they shut down the game. Give BF and Elephant games a chance to fix these little problems and just enjoy the game.

Can't wait until the next update!!!

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Jul 12, 14 12:36 AM
Aww, Kiwi, thank you for that reminder! Stay tuned, lol.

Myhashen
Minnow
Minnow
262 Posts

[Post New]by Myhashen on Aug 15, 14 8:51 AM
Re: "I am in favor of spending money on the game for the reason fish? gave, it has given me lots of hours of fun." To an extent, I agree. However, it's just too much. Here's my opinion:

I've been a BF member for years, & I have lots of credits available because I've only played Midnight Castle for months & no other games although BF still gets a payment every month. I've struggled patiently through lots of levels & am now on level 35. It gets really frustrating when one has:

(1) pets that can't be crafted because of a lack of pet medals (which can't be bought) & coins ($50,000? $30,000 plus 15 special stamps? Really?);
(2) all at one time there are 3 new HOS that require coins to open them ($7000, $8000, & $12,000 to be exact);
(3) 3 or 4 items require the same things from the same HOS to be able to craft 1 required item PLUS the cost of $1700 to $6000 coins to craft it;
(4) my pets are giving out few coins & many plain (as in "almost worthless") stamps of which I have plenty already, thank you, but no gold or silver chests;
(5) can't play dice any more unless required to finish a quest because I lose many more times than I win which costs coins needed for pets, crafting, etc.: and
(6) the gnome will seldom allow the item needed to be awarded when trying to complete his quests, so I usually use diamonds to get them just to finish the quest so I can get pet medals.

Okay, those are my gripes for the past many, many days. Wah, wah, wah! I'm a crybaby. Now to my point re: spending $ in the game: I buy diamonds often, but when I thought about buying coins, I realized that it is not worthwhile. One has to spend entirely too much cash to get too little return in coins. It just isn't feasible to spend $30 in cash to buy 13,152 coins because that amount isn't going to help much. I could open ONE new HOS and have a little left over to craft 1 new item IF I could finally get through the HOS site enough times to get what is needed to craft it. I couldn't craft even one of my eggs into a pet with that. Spend $80? Get serious. It's a GAME, not dinner or rent or electricity, etc.

Maybe someone who said that those who are unhappy with the game should go play something else. And maybe I will if things don't get better. What good does it do the game creators if people quit playing? I sure won't be buying any more diamonds if I'm not playing.

taylormade66
Guppy
Guppy
140 Posts

[Post New]by taylormade66 on Aug 15, 14 9:54 AM
Hey, My. Totally understand. Finally reached Level 31 and some of the prices are crazy !!!

I've purchased gems in the past and don't mind doing so because this game has actually saved me money. I was constantly buying games at the store and on ebay. This is sooooo much cheaper and takes up a lot less room on my desk.

Probably won't be crafting those expensive pets because I can't imagine ever recovering the money. And I don't mind so much paying to unlock new HOS because those will return money every time I visit them. What I object to is having to pay to open a scene that requires me to then use items I've collected. Seems like I've already paid the price by doing the rounds and collecting the rings or whatever. I shouldn't have to pay to then use them.

And Drachma the dragon gave me 3 plain stamps yesterday - really??? Gonna have to change that name.

Edited on 08/15/2014 at 10:30:22 AM PST

lady_sabelle
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,168 Posts

[Post New]by lady_sabelle on Aug 15, 14 11:09 AM
This is a little off topic, but I thought I'd throw this in here.
I've seen a lot of comments/complaints about buying coins and I'd like to reinforce this with a quick observation on buying diamonds vs coins. If a player had $30 they wanted to spend on Midnight Castle and they were short on coins, it would be very foolish to spend their money buying coins directly. $30 will get you 13,162 coins. However that same $30 will get you 845 diamonds. ($19.99 for 570 + $9.99 for 275) If you're high enough level to have access to "Six Paws", those diamonds will allow you to get 70 items from Six Paws that sell for 850 coins each giving you 59,500 coins. If you happen to have the quest for a Spawn of Darkness (from Pirate Standard) that coin total jumps to 72,100. Huge difference.

eastendteddy
Salmon
Salmon
2,821 Posts

[Post New]by eastendteddy on Aug 15, 14 5:45 PM
I am not complaing about buying or selling anything my complaint is the huge costs the DEV's threw at us when you hit 35, I am going nutso trying to get to 36 and after losing 10 days of play due to work I am having s H*** of a time trying to catch up.
In those ten days waiting for the update and could not play ( 12 hour days) I lost the time to stock up on coins and inventory and when I did start to play I got wiped out fast geting to 35 and now am fighting to move on ,, what they are asking to craft is crazy and to get what you need is I think more of a horror then THE BOW was and makes the Bow, Paws and Pete look like a walk in the park.
So take heed and if you can stock up and be ready to go nutso,the ones past 35 all I can say is Bravo and good job maybe I will join you in a year or so lol.
Moving as slow as molasses on Jan 1st

xshoshin
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
415 Posts

[Post New]by xshoshin on Aug 15, 14 6:08 PM
LizzieK wrote:So far I have spent money on the game each time there is a new release. I am a member of the BFG Club so I get a discount. I can buy diamonds at 50 for $1.39, 130 for $3.49 and 275 for $6.99. I work and earn a good salary and I don’t mind buying diamonds. I have even bought diamonds so I could buy pet eggs to gift to other players. There are a lot of players that are proud that they have not paid the developers anything for playing the game. I am proud that I have paid the developers for the game.

Lizzie...I've been a member for years and years (do not want to think about all the game credits stacked up!) but I don't see a discount on diamonds in my game. I've bought twice at posted price. How do you get the discount?

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Aug 15, 14 6:46 PM
The discount is automatic. Be sure you are signed into your game manager. When you click on the diamonds that are $1.99 and you are taken to the checkout page the game club discount shows up and your price is $1.39. This works only for the PC game.

Edited on 08/15/2014 at 6:52:15 PM PST

Go to: