Please post your TECH ISSUES for Beyond the Unknown: A Matter of Time Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by pondprowler on Jul 10, 14 12:47 AM
A thread for your tech issues!

(Please note: I am not a BFG employee or a tech expert, I'm just posting this thread to help give a place for people having trouble to post their issues. Instead of PMing me with your questions, which I probably can't answer, please POST YOUR ISSUE or questions in this thread!
Thanks!
~pp)

Edited on 07/10/2014 at 7:58:19 AM PST

Re:Please post your TECH ISSUES for Beyond the Unknown: A Matter of Time Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by CathyCatfish on Jul 10, 14 12:57 AM
well, miss pondprowler, i see you have an impersonater!
and, it's your nemesis! LOL
don't worry... we love you best! (and, impersonation is the HIGHEST form of flattery, so they say!

anyway, i did the beta of this game and had issues with laggy cursor, even with the "custom" cursor unticked... using the system cursor. i was hoping this would be fixed upon release, but it's not. i also closed all other windows and programs so as not to slow down the game, but it persists.

i guess if that's my only problem, i can live with it, but... it IS annoying to wait for the cursor to float over where i want it! but, since i'm not a big fan of ERS games, i probably won't buy this anyway.

Re:Please post your TECH ISSUES for Beyond the Unknown: A Matter of Time Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by CathyCatfish on Jul 10, 14 1:19 AM
"dear" gameswolf,
you see, that's just it... i'm not *asking* pondprowler for help. i'm posting my tech issue here so that BFG and the dev can see it. NObody has ever said that pp is the one we're asking tech questions of.

but, my question to you is, why can't you just let this GO already? pp isn't hurting anyone. and, personally, i'm TIRED of your nasty posts regarding her.

ETA: so, after reading YOUR tech thread, we're supposed to ask YOU our tech questions? are YOU an expert? if so, why did you copy/paste pp's disclaimer verbatim? makes no sense to me....
nite nite, past my bedtime. pondprowler, sweet dreams!

Edited on 07/10/2014 at 1:24:25 AM PST

Re:Please post your TECH ISSUES for Beyond the Unknown: A Matter of Time Collector's Edition he

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Jul 10, 14 1:45 AM
<a href=http://forums.bigfishgames.com/faqs/list.page>[Removed by Moderator]</a>

Cathy, don't ask for help! What is the problem with you???

Edited on 07/11/2014 at 4:24:29 AM PST

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

Re:Please post your TECH ISSUES for Beyond the Unknown: A Matter of Time Collector's Edition her

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Jul 10, 14 3:55 AM
cbtx wrote:[Removed by Moderator]

ERS games need a "top quality" gaming computer???? Seriously?? At a requirement of 1.4 GHz???? LOL!!!! An old toaster would probably run ERS games.
At least pondprowler freely admits she does not have tech knowledge. And, BTW, pp, keep it up.

An old toaster....LOL My eight year old PC has twin processors that are more GHz each than 1.4 so one of them on it's own could run this game! And since the mods don't seem to start the tech issues or reviews threads any more, what's the harm in pondprowler starting them?? I can't understand why anyone would have an issue with this

Edited on 07/10/2014 at 8:38:34 AM PST

0Jade
Guppy
Guppy
101 Posts

[Post New]by 0Jade on Jul 10, 14 5:12 AM
I may be wrong, but I THINK that BFG originally had these tech issue threads so that the developer could see if there were any catastrophic issues to their games. I have seen updates come out from the developers shortly after serious issues were discussed. Just a could be ... don't really know.

graytori
Minnow
Minnow
215 Posts

[Post New]by graytori on Jul 10, 14 6:10 AM
Another game that boots me out to desktop. Just like Chronical Keepers The Dreaming Garden CE, last week that still doesn't have a fix for as of yesterday. Im running Windows 7 and computer is up to date.

xxybcc
Guppy
Guppy
152 Posts

[Post New]by xxybcc on Jul 10, 14 7:50 AM
I hope this is the right place to post a tech issue. I am having a problem with a hidden object scene that won't let me collect the plate in order to come away with boathook. I have gone where the hint tells me and it won't let me get it. Any
else having this problem?

bfgMurrumbidgee
1,338 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMurrumbidgee on Jul 10, 14 8:01 AM
G'day,

Thanks for getting this started for us pondprowler

For extra visibility I'll still post our one with the links and colours

xxybcc - as odd as it may sound, have you tried clicking around the item? Sometimes the boxes are a tiny bit out of alignment and clicking to the left or right can help.

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing or Black Screen

Problems Downloading or Installation Failed
While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgMurrumbidgee

ibn1984
Guppy
Guppy
107 Posts

Re:Please post your TECH ISSUES for Beyond the Unknown: A Matter of Time Collector's Edition her

[Post New]by ibn1984 on Jul 10, 14 8:51 AM
I signed in early this morning about 4:30 - 5:00 am eastern time, to read the reviews, and tech issues on this game, and there wasn't anything from Pondprowler, or Gamewolf, NOBODY had posted anything. The forum was a ghost town. Zero replies straight down the list. I could have opened this forum but that is not my thing. So, I did not purchase this game. Now later when I signed in, this is what I get!!!!!! Big Fish needs to do something about all this "HATE". Your forums have turned into a reality show with smack downs, and cat fights. If I want that, I know where to go, certainly not BF forums. Someone has obviously shown you on numerous occasions that they do not respect, or follow your forum rules, and they are still allowed to post. Removing their post doesn't seem to be enough. Until something, or if anything is done about this individual, or others who may jump on the band wagon. We should do the one thing that people who seek negative attention NEEDS, IGNORE them. Don't reply to their post no matter what they say. Yes, click the ! beside their post, and keep it moving. Hopefully they will change, or go away. Please don't let the behavior of others shy us away from posting our reviews, especially the new fishes to the pond.

Edited on 07/10/2014 at 8:55:03 AM PST

myshania
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by myshania on Jul 10, 14 10:53 AM
Like so many of the games lately THIS ONE KICKS ME OUT TO GAME PAGE!!!
I used to look so forward to Thursday's for the new Collectors Editions!!
Now I just say "Hope this game works". I know things never stay the same but this
is just so confusing. Just don't get it??

abarrett
Clownfish
Clownfish
990 Posts

[Post New]by abarrett on Jul 10, 14 2:03 PM
I had a couple of interesting tech issues.
I have a laptop running Windows 8.1, and it has a touchscreen. For most games, I can only use the mouse and game cursor, not the stylus and touchpad. If I can use the touchscreen, the mouse also works. However, for this game, the mouse wouldn't work, and I could only use the touchscreen.

When it came time to name the dog, I couldn't type anything in, and I couldn't even touch the screen to get out of the area. Cntl-Alt-Delete wouldn't work, and I had to shut down my computer and restart.

uno13
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

Please post your TECH ISSUES for Beyond the Unknown: A Matter of Time Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by uno13 on Jul 10, 14 2:57 PM
pondprowler wrote:A thread for your tech issues!

(Please note: I am not a BFG employee or a tech expert, I'm just posting this thread to help give a place for people having trouble to post their issues. Instead of PMing me with your questions, which I probably can't answer, please POST YOUR ISSUE or questions in this thread!
Thanks!
~pp)

can not get the crow bar to work will not let me zoom on the boat game beyond the unknown a matter of time collector's

Edited on 07/10/2014 at 3:05:28 PM PST

VTCT
Clownfish
Clownfish
591 Posts

[Post New]by VTCT on Jul 10, 14 5:25 PM
I am in the bonus chapter & at the coundron & it will not let me the items from the statues there& keeps crashing.

Nice though of Pondpower but we need experts only!

Game extremely unstable

[Post New]by desertsombra on Jul 10, 14 7:15 PM
Did the beta, do not remember having problems.. My pc runs on windows 7. I guess will have to download to laptop, runs on windows 8. Wish they would test this games better before being released on windows 7 & 8. The solutions given by BF do not help at all. The problem is with the game itself and not our computers, excluding antiques comp. LOL! Developers get the glitches taken care of before releasing the game, help create less unhappy fishies and other players. Thanks! the game is a buy for me, hope it works on my laptop.

[Post New]by Killerwoman on Jul 10, 14 7:20 PM
Can not seem to load the game. I can hear it but nothing on the screen. I have deleted and re-installed and am still getting the same thing. Please, somebody, HELP!! Thank you. (I am running Windows 8.1).

Bonniesan
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by Bonniesan on Jul 10, 14 7:34 PM
I've found a glitch. I can't pick up dog out of inventory to use him to dig by the statue with the shield. I can pick up everything else in inventory but that. Can't move on.

ibn1984
Guppy
Guppy
107 Posts

[Post New]by ibn1984 on Jul 10, 14 10:40 PM
Can't open the journal in the Bonus Chapter. Whenever I click on it, to use the map, the game freezes, and stops running, When I start the bonus chapter over, it takes me to where I left off, but my progress was not saved.

I never received the 20th watch from the main game. According to the SG it should have appeared on the base of the rock with the four eagles, but it never did. So far, it looks like you can't go back either. This puts a damper on me being able to play the extras, because I can't open the last lock.

swedane
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
494 Posts

[Post New]by swedane on Jul 10, 14 10:46 PM
Bonniesan wrote:I've found a glitch. I can't pick up dog out of inventory to use him to dig by the statue with the shield. I can pick up everything else in inventory but that. Can't move on.

Hi Bonniesan,
Its actually not a glitch! It took me a few tries before I got the dog to stay. (Good dog, stay... )
You first have to find the rat-cage & a chunk of cheese for bate. Place the cage on top of the rope. Put the dog down behind the cage, between the 2 black Bitts, so the dog is facing the rat. Don't give up... keep trying different areas!

Good luck!

Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

[Post New]by Poodlebear on Jul 10, 14 11:39 PM
Multiple crashes on the Bonus Chapter. The main game was glitchy too (mini-games acting oddly, bad clicking hot spots) but not full on crashes like the bonus. Let's see - first was just clicking on bonus chapter it dropped me back to the BFG interface. Then 2nd go when interacting with the woman (sorry, forgot her name, Grannie ) it froze and dumped me just after I gave her the pearl I think? And again just now when I went to check my map after opening the crate on the boat it stopped responding. Not really interested in working the problem but thought I'd mention here.

Running Windows 7 on an albeit oldish gaming system with plenty of memory, drivers and flash up to date.

Go to: