Daily Quests

Daily Quests

[Post New]by Bonski on Jul 10, 14 4:14 PM
Although I enjoy playing Midnight Castle, finding it addictive and compulsive, I am getting frustrated at the Daily Quests. Take today for example. I needed Live Potions, but all I got 5 times were Celestial Pendants. On other occasions when I needed an item I kept getting things I didn't need, but when the quest was finished on the following day I got what was needed. I know there may be some randomness but this takes the biscuit.

AnnaDownes01
Flounder
Flounder
2,175 Posts

Re:Daily Quests

[Post New]by AnnaDownes01 on Jul 11, 14 2:31 AM
The daily quests are optional & I have found that the find path for the quests only works if I do not have a Major quest that needs something from that site.

I actually ended up with the find path working for two sites because I had no other quest that was in the site.

I only do the daily quests that I know I can do within the time frame or does not require me to use an item that I need elsewhere. Sometime in the year 2020 I may have enough medallions & money to craft the pets.

I prefer the find path to work for the Major quests rather than the daily quests but that is just my opinion.

cynththemoler
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,948 Posts

[Post New]by cynththemoler on Jul 11, 14 3:05 AM
Yes, I find it better to do one or the other.

Only do the daily quests if they suit me; they can take too much out of the inventory!

Sometime in the year 2020 I may have enough medallions & money to craft the pets. AnnaDownes01Too true!

Patzy140
Clownfish
Clownfish
528 Posts

[Post New]by Patzy140 on Jul 11, 14 3:11 AM
That soon! lol

drew248
Clownfish
Clownfish
870 Posts

[Post New]by drew248 on Jul 11, 14 4:57 AM
If Ever !! LOL2

rosiebvt
Manatee
Manatee
4,210 Posts

[Post New]by rosiebvt on Jul 11, 14 6:52 AM
Of course, by then we'll have more pets that will either take more medallions or else take another process that will keep us from doing the daily quests to get the medallions . I figure that I should be able to get 100 medallions per month if I can finish an easy 3 part or one section of a 10 part per day. At that rate it takes about 3 months for the turtle. That works out to 2 updates, which means I will need the inventory for the regular quests, which means no medallions, which means more than 3 months, which means more updates...... Sue, you may be right about 2020

50MAD
Clownfish
Clownfish
547 Posts

[Post New]by 50MAD on Jul 11, 14 7:03 AM
Wish we could gift the medallions from the other games to our main games. I craft petfood with them right now in my second game if the gnome wants me to craft so I don't wast my coins to much on him. I don't understand why there isn't any food that we also could craft with our gift cards. They are no good right now anyway after we crafted the former pets with them. I think my turtleegg is dryed out by the time I get to craft it in my main game lol

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Jul 11, 14 8:35 AM
I don't worry about saving inventory for what's to come.

The find path works on the regular quests so if I don't have something, I know it won't take days to get it.

Meanwhile, by doing the daily quests whenever possible, and even using 1-2 diamonds a day if needed, I've amassed a 26-27 page inventory. I've got lots of what's inside the artifact chests and a huge variety of crafted items.

So when we get a content update, there's a good chance that I've already got whatever the characters will ask for and if they want one of the items that can be used to open a chest, it will only take one visit to the hidden object scene to get it.

I'll only have to worry about having coins to open new areas and fetching or crafting things from those areas.

NeenaL
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

[Post New]by NeenaL on Jul 11, 14 10:25 AM
I really don't like doing the "dailys" ....I hate giving up 2 Harp in Blossoms for items I don't need yet like you say though if you don't do some you cannot get medallions any other way... I open my game a couple times a day, get my daily, do the wheel, dice, run a few scenes see if the DQ is even possible for me to do. I hate, hate, hate it when I have put time and energy into the DQ only to arrive at the end, an hour to go and get a pack the blimp for 98 when I needed 100 !!!! There is no time left to get the silly 2 units needed!!! OHHHH.....GRRRR.....
When the update arrived the 1st time I had some objects but had to quest and the game went pretty quickly.....b/c I had suffered thru bow-F and had to do HOS over and over and over.....the next update was like, bing, bing, bing and I was thru it....so the last update I have purposely stretched it out, drug it out for weeks with those ! ? Above the heads starring at me as, I just need to just press the dang button......and I wonder,,,,,,what if there are no more updates and I have 28 Pages of inventory and crafted objects I have worked for and cherished my eggs, my achievements....and there is no more game.......what if it just gets shut down. I bet the dev's would be happy to move on, BFG would be happy not to have us complaining all the time and we are left here dangling with our addiction eating away at us....Castle-less......shaking fingers not able to hit the find button or worse the deleting of friends?....oh what a thought, nightmare.....but anyway I don't like saving inventory while I await the update!

McCoy3
Herring
Herring
358 Posts

[Post New]by McCoy3 on Jul 11, 14 11:02 AM
Neena,
Perish the thought of there being no more game!

Throwing salt over my shoulder.

NeenaL
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

[Post New]by NeenaL on Jul 11, 14 11:54 AM
Perish the thought of there being no more game!

McCoy3
I would have to be hospitalized and put into a straight jacket! Lol.....my addiction is about that bad! But it has crossed my mind, esp when the updates are so slooooow coming........

Eating at table with McCoy throwing the salt shaker!.....

rosiebvt
Manatee
Manatee
4,210 Posts

[Post New]by rosiebvt on Jul 11, 14 8:21 PM
Neena and McCoy,
Please start breathing again, the update is here! Of course, you already know that, you're probably playing it now .

[Post New]by DecipherWarlord on Jul 12, 14 2:03 PM
Sadly, after the last update, the Find button doesn't work for the Daily quests. This makes it near impossible to complete them for medalions needed to craft pets and some requires crazy 350 or 300 of them.

I had no main quests at all, didn't talk to anybody to avoid them and still, the Find button for a daily quest gave me another item from the HOS.

How the hell am I supposed to open the damn thing (whatever it is) 3 times when it requires 5 items to open and one of them I have none! It's at the point that everytime I see such a quest requiring to open a spot 3 times, I have to wait for the countdown to end in order for new quests to appear! Last time it did this at the first quest, BANG! 24 hours to wait for a new questline because the Find button doesn't work at ALL.

rosiebvt
Manatee
Manatee
4,210 Posts

[Post New]by rosiebvt on Jul 12, 14 6:04 PM
The find path never worked for a lot of us for the daily quests. I think it wasn't intended to, since they're optional as far as progressing in the game. I just am happy to get what I can, I'm in no hurry to hatch more pets to fight for the food with the ones I've already got. Come to think of it, I'm nearly out of cat food (4 legged, not flying) .

[Post New]by DecipherWarlord on Jul 12, 14 8:19 PM
If that wasn't intended to work for the daily quests... don't see how we're supposed to do them, mostly when it's a 10 bit one.

Actually, the ONLY way I see how is to do HOS without spending any items for quests, for weeks, thus gather tons in order to do them. But that would be stupid.

Some quests aren't tough, they're impossible without a working Find button. Imagine how long it would be to do main quests if that button wouldn't be working? Days, weeks.

If they don't want the daily quests to benefit from the button, allow us to restart the countdown OR don't put any, meaning no new daily quests until you succeeded them, like the main ones.

Edited on 07/12/2014 at 8:19:57 PM PST

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on Jul 12, 14 8:54 PM
DecipherWarlord wrote:
Actually, the ONLY way I see how is to do HOS without spending any items for quests, for weeks, thus gather tons in order to do them. But that would be stupid.

This is what I do- although I play HOS for days (my gaming days time probably equals someone elses weeks)
I own and have hatched all 19 pets, have enough inventory to do daily quests, finish updates in a few hours and still have 120,000 coins today-
not so stupid

[Post New]by DecipherWarlord on Jul 13, 14 4:10 PM
govegril wrote:
DecipherWarlord wrote:

not so stupid

What I meant by that is that it's stupid to have to do so all the time in order to complete the daily quests. I'm doing that too now, all the HOS a few to several times daily without caring for main quests since I want to craft pets for wich I have the eggs and gather items/ gold. But wait, where the hell did you get all those eggs? Don't tell me you bought them with diamonds...

Also, unique stamps are raining these very days... got 12 in the last 4-5 days (2 at the wheel, 1 at dice game and rest in HOS)

EDIT: make it 15 unique stamps in 5 days. (1 thru a golden chest as well!)

Edited on 07/14/2014 at 12:50:18 AM PST

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on Jul 13, 14 5:50 PM
DecipherWarlord wrote:[ But wait, where the hell did you get all those eggs? Don't tell me you bought them with diamonds...

I do buy diamonds but not for eggs - I got my eggs either from the wheel or friends.
Have never seen one on the dice table!

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Jul 13, 14 6:43 PM
I don't know what I'm doing differently from everybody else, but I've completed enough daily quest to give me more than enough medallions to craft pets.

Eggs and coins are another story. Still missing the latest eggs and my coin total is pitiful, but that's because I'm playing two games and also spend time playing other games. I also 'hit the wall' the other day and just could not play another single hidden object scene.

Lesson learned. I'm taking my time completing the new material so I won't have such a long period of time filled with busy work.

[Post New]by DecipherWarlord on Jul 13, 14 9:06 PM
govegril wrote:
DecipherWarlord wrote:[ But wait, where the hell did you get all those eggs? Don't tell me you bought them with diamonds...

I do buy diamonds but not for eggs - I got my eggs either from the wheel or friends.
Have never seen one on the dice table!

An egg at the dice table? I did, once. Won the squirrel from the dragon, of course. First shot too! I was speechless! (t'was recent) I also have the gold-bearing turtle in waiting, then none. Just crafted the parrot and it sucks for what it takes to craft. Do you have the gold-bearing turtle? Does it actually give gold more as its legend says?

Go to: