MooeyG
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

Technical Issue with Loading the Game

[Post New]by MooeyG on Jul 10, 14 4:26 PM
I just used a free code to acquire this game to complete my Hidden Mysteries collection. After downloading the game I clicked on my BFG Manager to open it. All I got for my trouble was a black screen. I thought maybe it just took a little time, but 10 minutes later it was still a black screen. I uninstalled and re-installed. Still the same problem.

So your Q&A section suggested to check for the latest in video card drivers or updates to the system (Windows 7 with an AMD Radeon video card) as the starting point to fix the problem. So I did. I went to HP's website from the BF link, and had them analyze my system online. They found no updates to my driver were necessary. However, there was a spiffy upgrade or adjunct driver that worked with my AMD card and was supposed to support or improve performance with high end graphics. So I downloaded and installed that, and rebooted my laptop.

I still have a black screen and nothing happens. I can't even press ESC to get out of it. Nothing less than invoking Task Manager and Ending the Process will get me out of it. It does no other damage that I can see, though...just my game won't play.

I just did this download today - 7/10/14 - so it should be the latest version. What else can I do?

MooeyG
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

Re:Technical Issue with Loading the Game

[Post New]by MooeyG on Jul 10, 14 5:22 PM
I also read a little further on the forum and tried the other suggestions from Tech Support. I changed the compatibility to run in Win XP, made the other suggestions as to display properties and changed to the suggested Basic Display configuration. I deleted the icon from my desktop and opened Game Manager. I usually open the games from Game Manager anyway, so that was no problem.

However, now I don't get the black screen - it won't load at all! It kind of just ignores me. I can open other things around it, like Word or some other application. After about a half minute, it will let me open any other game in Game Manager. It's as if it thinks about opening, then decides against it (sigh). This is the first time I have ever had a problem with a BF game - ever - as long as I have been getting games and playing them.

I may try to load it onto my Win XP desktop instead of the laptop. As of right now, I am deleting this game fro my laptop. If I can't get it to play on my desktop, it's a free game code wasted. I was really looking forward to playing the game. I really like the Hidden Mysteries series.

[Post New]by mfsrtrip on Jul 17, 14 10:10 PM
Thanks for your post -- I was searching for a solution for exactly the same problems. Initially 'big black nothing' then 'nothing' at all - unresponsive. I have installed and uninstalled, tried compatibility, checked any all updates hardware, software, video drivers etc. Nothing resolves. Hopefully somebody knows the answer... Sorry it isn't working for you - but glad to know it's not just me!

MooeyG
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

[Post New]by MooeyG on Jul 27, 14 11:08 AM
I don't know if this will help, because this reply is limited. I say limited because I was able to get it to load on my desktop, which is still running WinXP. My laptop is running Win7 and that was where I had all the problems.

However, I only just started to play the game before we went on a 10-day road trip up the California coast. I do not know what will be in store for me with this game, but my hubby tried to play it, and he said something about trying to leave a screen, following game directions, and not being able to. He said nothing he clicked on worked or activated the next step.

So regardless of being able to load it on another operating system version, I may STILL have glitches awaiting!

Go to: