herrbach
Guppy
Guppy
162 Posts

Game freezes up

[Post New]by herrbach on Jul 11, 14 7:48 AM
It played fine, until after I got about halfway through, then it froze up once, but after about two minutes I could continue. I'm on the last level (acquired all 5 elements), and it has been freezing up with increasing frequency, sometimes with longer recovery times.
On about the third level the game showed in my GM that I had not purchased it & had used up all my demo time. So I trashed it & re-installed. Then it showed that I had indeed purchased it - BUT, I then naturally had to start all over!
Every time it freezes, it takes a few minutes until I can continue. Once when exiting it stayed frozen and would not complete the exit for so long, (over 15 minutes) I finally had to unplug the pc & then had a serious reboot problem.
Please note that I have no problems with any other BF games; this one is giving me a severe headache now. It's a wonderful concept with beautiful artwork & nice graphics, and I'm so close to finishing that I don't want to give it up.
***** Have any other people experienced this problem? Is this a game glitch or another problem with my pc? It seems to work fine otherwise.
Also, is there a biological human being out there with DNA that might assist me in perhaps overcoming this? Anymore, whenever I've attempted using "Help" & send in emails, it seems BFG uses only automated responses. I used to get an actual person within 48 to 72 hours, but no more. Maybe I should try using a carrier pigeon?
Sorry if it appears that I'm griping. I would just like to figure out what's going on with this, & why the freeze ups are getting more frequent.

Go to: