Cayco
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

The Phone

[Post New]by Cayco on Jul 11, 14 1:42 PM
I put the number in but nothing happens! What is suppose to happen? Is the name Marie suppose to pop up? It does not happen and I cannot go forward.

Edited on 07/11/2014 at 1:44:00 PM PST

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

Re:The Phone

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on Jul 11, 14 3:37 PM
When I played the game I had to close the zoom with the phone and then go back to it for any actions to take effect.

exact
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
434 Posts

[Post New]by exact on Jul 11, 14 5:11 PM
I am having the same problem with the phone. I guess we were supposed to get a name off the message machine which I did not get. Now can't finish the bonus chapter. Any suggestions out there from the Pond??

Cayco
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by Cayco on Jul 12, 14 2:40 PM
I have zoomed off and gone back about 10 times now and still no action. Cannot finish the bonus chapter. Any other ideas?

tammytheo
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by tammytheo on Jul 12, 14 8:08 PM
Hi Cayco and exact,

I'm going to do a trace back at the steps I had to follow with the phone close up, hoping you find this helpful. Please, highlight to read:

At first, I pressed the message button to listen to the message. After the message ended, the phone number was automatically written on the notebook in front of the phone. I dialed the number and as soon as the phone call ended, the name Maria was written on the notebook as well. I exited the close up - both the phone number and name were added in the journal. Afterwards, I opened the close up with the painting on the wall. I placed the wheel on the windmill - the painting was removed revealing something that looked like a safe lock. I used the knobs to enter the name Maria and the safe lock opened allowing me to take the key for the locked door right next.

Good luck guys!

ETA: The phone close up remains available until you enter the name behind the painting. After that, it becomes inaccessible for the rest of the bonus game. Maybe this detail is the reason for your confusion - as long as the close up remains accessible, it kind of gives the impression that there's still something to be done it that area. Unless you have a technical issue of course but this doesn't seem to be the case here.

Edited on 07/14/2014 at 6:31:40 AM PST

exact
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
434 Posts

[Post New]by exact on Jul 15, 14 9:02 PM
Thanks Tammy will try again. Love the forum someone always helps

exact
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
434 Posts

[Post New]by exact on Jul 15, 14 9:17 PM
I did it! I retraced back to the car for an Ho and on from there. Also I was dialing 2 7's but the second # is actually a 1. Duh!!!

tammytheo
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by tammytheo on Jul 16, 14 2:02 AM

melmer1423
Guppy
Guppy
154 Posts

[Post New]by melmer1423 on Sep 15, 14 2:06 PM
I've tried everything that's been suggested, and still nothing. I know the name that's supposed to pop up is "Maria", but it doesn't appear on the paper the way it's supposed to do. I'm very frustrated at this point because at this point these games are what's keeping me occupied (I've been very ill, and I'm facing surgery in a few weeks). so any help for us bumblers would be appreciated.

P. S. This isn't the first time a BFG hasn't performed as advertised, so, maybe the creators should get on the stick about this.

Go to: