Please post your TECH ISSUES for Dead Reckoning: Silvermoon Isle Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by pondprowler on Jul 12, 14 12:34 AM
A thread for your tech issues!

(Please note: I am not a BFG employee or a tech expert, I'm just posting this thread to help give a place for people having trouble to post their issues. Instead of PMing me with your questions, which I probably can't answer, please POST YOUR ISSUE or questions in this thread!
Thanks!
~pp)

Edited on 07/12/2014 at 9:46:41 AM PST

Re:Please post your TECH ISSUES for Dead Reckoning: Silvermoon Isle Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Jul 12, 14 12:39 AM

shorenuf
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,281 Posts

Please post your TECH ISSUES for Dead Reckoning: Silvermoon Isle Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by shorenuf on Jul 12, 14 1:33 AM
pondprowler wrote:A thread for your tech issues!

(Please note: I am not a BFG employee or a tech expert, I'm just posting this thread to help give a place for people having trouble to post their issues. Instead of PMing me with your questions, which I probably can't answer, please POST YOUR ISSUE or questions in this thread!
Thanks!
~pp)

Please include whether you are on a PC or a Mac, and what operating system you are running. Thanks!

Kamali
Guppy
Guppy
173 Posts

Re:Please post your TECH ISSUES for Dead Reckoning: Silvermoon Isle Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by Kamali on Jul 12, 14 2:37 AM
I downloaded this game, sat through the intro, input my name, chose my options, clicked play, and immediately got 'Error: Access violation at 0x0057A7DB (tried to read from 0x00000000), program terminated.'

My computer is a PC, my OS is W7.

BetsLaw
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by BetsLaw on Jul 12, 14 3:59 AM
The game downloaded with no problems, but when I tried to install, my security program (Avast) would not allow. Reported as virus infected. I know that Big Fish would not knowingly put a game out that was infected. I filed a false positive report to Avast and response was that file would be reviewed at next automatic update. Is anyone else having this kind of problem? I purchased the game without playing demo, so now am stuck with a game I cannot play. Any help would be appreciated.

wkdsdenn
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by wkdsdenn on Jul 12, 14 4:25 AM
Error message while trying to download.

"qs9R5DHp.zip.part could not be saved, because the source file could not be read. Try again later, or contact the server administrator."

MacBook Air OS X.

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Jul 12, 14 4:32 AM
First time I get out of the game, the game did't save. So, I must start again from the beginning.

bbelle
Clownfish
Clownfish
795 Posts

[Post New]by bbelle on Jul 12, 14 5:23 AM
Bets Law,

I have the same problem. I also purchased the game and hope someone can help.

Edited on 07/12/2014 at 5:24:02 AM PST

c41brenda
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by c41brenda on Jul 12, 14 5:57 AM
BetsLaw wrote:The game downloaded with no problems, but when I tried to install, my security program (Avast) would not allow. Reported as virus infected. I know that Big Fish would not knowingly put a game out that was infected. I filed a false positive report to Avast and response was that file would be reviewed at next automatic update. Is anyone else having this kind of problem? I purchased the game without playing demo, so now am stuck with a game I cannot play. Any help would be appreciated.

[Post New]by yoghurtoracle on Jul 12, 14 6:13 AM
I am having the same problem with avast antivirus refusing to let me install this game because it says that there is a threat detected in it, I am therefore stuck with a game that I have paid good money for that is rendered totally unplayable. I am hoping that there will be a fix soon for this as I was really looking forward to playing the game. Any advice or help would be much appreciated.

xxybcc
Guppy
Guppy
152 Posts

[Post New]by xxybcc on Jul 12, 14 6:23 AM
Same problem. It downloaded and played trial, but, not after I purchased. Error message about threat.

[Post New]by martyjeanne on Jul 12, 14 6:28 AM
BetsLaw,

Same problem for me. Avast simply won't install this game. Curious that the trial version was okay. Perhaps there really is a worm in the full version?

_DD_
Flounder
Flounder
2,115 Posts

[Post New]by _DD_ on Jul 12, 14 6:47 AM
shorenuf wrote:
Please include whether you are on a PC or a Mac, and what operating system you are running. Thanks!

re. Avast blocking the purchased game:
I'm not a techie either, nor do I know Avast. But from a similar experience with a game and Avira long time ago, I'd say the right thing to do is to file a false positive report to Avast as BetsLaw did.

I played the beta and the demo on a Win7-PC and Avira w/o problems. As Avast blocks the full version of the game, the reason for the warning is indeed obviously in the software part that is downloaded later with the full version.
Which still could mean a false warning.
It was not stated here how specific the warning is (adware? malware? trojan?), but in any case: While waiting for their update, you could post in the Avast forum and ask for an interpretation of the message/reported warning there.
And/or you can search/ask there for a possibility to unblock the EXE-file of your game in the Avast configuration panel, if you're sure the warning is harmless.

Edited on 07/12/2014 at 6:48:23 AM PST

graytori
Minnow
Minnow
215 Posts

[Post New]by graytori on Jul 12, 14 6:54 AM
I too have the game blocked by Avast. Trial was fine until I bought game and tried to install that Avast comes up with a threat and blocked it

shai_one
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by shai_one on Jul 12, 14 7:01 AM
Having the same problem as most of the above, downloaded and played the demo with no problems. Bought it and downloaded and avast blocks it as a threat? What do we do now?

_DD_
Flounder
Flounder
2,115 Posts

[Post New]by _DD_ on Jul 12, 14 7:05 AM
shai_one wrote:Bought it and downloaded and avast blocks it as a threat? What do we do now?

As BetsLaw did: Use Avast's method of reporting a false positive to Avast. If they're anything like other Antivirus SW providers, they will review the game file(s) you have to send in and their own data files.

graytori
Minnow
Minnow
215 Posts

[Post New]by graytori on Jul 12, 14 7:23 AM
Betslaw: Can you tell me what to put in for rogram Name, Program Publisher, Program Version to file a false positive report with Avast?

[Post New]by yoghurtoracle on Jul 12, 14 7:31 AM
Please could someone explain to me what info to submit with my false positive report to avast?Sorry to say that I am one of the technologically inept.

MacLaura
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by MacLaura on Jul 12, 14 7:52 AM
Same problem - can not get to final installation as showing a worm infection

listed as WIn32 wPatch [Worm]

Obviously a false positive and reported but perhaps the developer can fix

kjos
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by kjos on Jul 12, 14 8:05 AM
I have the same trouble with my Avast anti-virus. I disabled it for a hour and it will play. But when I restart my pc the game won't run. Is there a virus in the game. I have to uninstall the game and download it again with my anti-virus disabled.thanks
Richard

Go to: