Issues After Update

ChestnutHeights
Salmon
Salmon
2,542 Posts

Issues After Update

[Post New]by ChestnutHeights on Jul 12, 14 6:49 AM
I'm experiencing some issues after the newest update (7/11).

1. I keep getting "unable to connect to server" while I'm playing. It takes a few minutes then it goes away

2. The social page is blank and my game freezes causing me to have to ALT/CTRL/DEL the game to close out and go back in...

Thought it might be helpful to the Dev & BFG if we listed what those issues are so they can address..

Anyone else experiencing similar issues to me?

FudgeChi
Flounder
Flounder
2,380 Posts

Re:Issues After Update

[Post New]by FudgeChi on Jul 12, 14 6:53 AM
Yes, I am experiencing both those things. Sometimes the social page comes up but if I want to change my wish list then what a problem that is! It freezes often then.

Amerzone
Clownfish
Clownfish
930 Posts

[Post New]by Amerzone on Jul 12, 14 7:53 AM
Same problems here. I click 'retry' and it reconnects.

With the social page I try to add or remove an item from my list but nothing happens. I get out of the social page and go back in and the change has been made. Very frustrating.

Shirleygames
Minnow
Minnow
268 Posts

[Post New]by Shirleygames on Jul 12, 14 7:57 AM
Haven't checked my social page but I do am getting can't connect to server frequently - click retry and it is okay.

awalkinglady
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,341 Posts

[Post New]by awalkinglady on Jul 12, 14 8:13 AM
The Social page has been a problematic issue for some time now....and one that they don't seem to want to address for some reason. This latest update has made it considerably worse!!

mgpaquin
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
454 Posts

[Post New]by mgpaquin on Jul 12, 14 8:17 AM
Shirleygames wrote:Haven't checked my social page but I do am getting can't connect to server frequently - click retry and it is okay.

Exactly the same problem here with the "cannot connect to server." This never happened before, so it must be something hinky with the update.

I haven't tried to connect to the social/friends page yet, so I can't speak to that issue.

mgpaquin
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
454 Posts

[Post New]by mgpaquin on Jul 12, 14 8:18 AM
Shirleygames wrote:Haven't checked my social page but I do am getting can't connect to server frequently - click retry and it is okay.

Exactly the same problem here with the "cannot connect to server." This never happened before, so it must be something hinky with the update.

I haven't tried to connect to the social/friends page yet, so I can't speak to that issue.

mgpaquin
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
454 Posts

[Post New]by mgpaquin on Jul 12, 14 8:19 AM
Sorry about the double post — not sure how or why that happened.

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on Jul 12, 14 8:21 AM
I have the problem of the game freezing when I try to change my wishlist.

I can't just exit out of the social page- have to ctr-alt-del and restart the game.

guppies56
Clownfish
Clownfish
798 Posts

[Post New]by guppies56 on Jul 12, 14 8:50 AM
I have the same problem with the social page, I can't change my wish list and have to use task manager to exit the game

kashmatash
Clownfish
Clownfish
628 Posts

[Post New]by kashmatash on Jul 12, 14 9:36 AM
I have the same problem with the "cannot connect to server." This would occasionally happen before this last update, but now it has become a nightmare! Every 30 seconds to a couple minutes, I have to click "retry" several times before it reconnects. Not fun!!!

So far my Social page is working fine.

ETA: How could I have forgotten this?! The Tavern is totally pitch dark except for the sparkles coming from the HOS. Guess I will need to submit a ticket to C.S. on this one. The upside is that those morphing flowers are very easy to find

Edited on 07/12/2014 at 10:27:33 AM PST

kahlan11
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
466 Posts

[Post New]by kahlan11 on Jul 12, 14 11:01 AM
Just started playing now and am having same issues on social page as everyone else so far. (the only upside that I was able to send gifts to "6" people and I know that is certainly an error, but a bonus for someone I gifted ). Only had one problem with wishlist after last update, then it was cleared up after sending to tech services so guess will have to do same this time. Guess I will start playing and cross my fingers

Armerige
Guppy
Guppy
123 Posts

[Post New]by Armerige on Jul 12, 14 11:23 AM
kahlan11 wrote:Just started playing now and am having same issues on social page as everyone else so far. (the only upside that I was able to send gifts to "6" people and I know that is certainly an error, but a bonus for someone I gifted ). Only had one problem with wishlist after last update, then it was cleared up after sending to tech services so guess will have to do same this time. Guess I will start playing and cross my fingers

HI Kahlan11,

I had six gifts as well. Good to know I'm not the only one. Maybe this nice glitch will continue until the lag on the Social Page is resolved.

Happy Gaming!

kahlan11
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
466 Posts

[Post New]by kahlan11 on Jul 12, 14 11:25 AM
Right on Loved it and could use up to 10!

bfgWendwater
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,911 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWendwater on Jul 12, 14 11:47 AM
Hi All,

Thank you for posting about those issues you've experienced since the update. We are currently looking into this and relaying that information with the developer.

We hope to have some additional info for you shortly and we will post here in the forums as soon as we do.

Thank you for your patience.

bfgWendwater

cynththemoler
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,948 Posts

[Post New]by cynththemoler on Jul 12, 14 12:22 PM
I had the same problem with the "cannot connect to server." But only on my laptop, tower was fine.

BTW On the odd occasion in the past I too have been able to send more than 5 gifts!

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Jul 12, 14 12:32 PM
I have been having the same problem with suddenly being disconnected from the server too plus I have just bought two games and I can't get them to download at all .

There is no problem with any other site and I have just tested my download speed and it is working at 60492 kbps.

[Post New]by luckydar777 on Jul 12, 14 12:56 PM
I am getting the cannot connect to server too! It is very annoying. I hope it gets fixed soon. This is the first time I have had any problem with the game.

[Post New]by grannykaren1999 on Jul 12, 14 1:02 PM
Amerzone wrote:Same problems here. I click 'retry' and it reconnects.

With the social page I try to add or remove an item from my list but nothing happens. I get out of the social page and go back in and the change has been made. Very frustrating.
Me too!! I had to do that last night. Man, I was frustrated. Oh, well.

[Post New]by kiwidownunder on Jul 12, 14 1:09 PM
Check Your ''Host'' Process ' In Windows..And Download A Malware Tool Remover ,.This Helped Me Out ...Worth A Try ..

Go to: