Janeypat
Minnow
Minnow
262 Posts

Here we go AGAIN tech issues take over

[Post New]by Janeypat on Jul 12, 14 4:18 PM
I want a game that plays - when I see so many tech issues -will not touch
WHAT IS HAPPENING WITH BFG AND THEIR GAMES - SO MANY BAD GAMES AND TECH ISSUES - MAYBE BFG DONT CARE ABOUT US _ ITS EASY MONEY OR A GAME CREDIT

Melymc
Guppy
Guppy
188 Posts

Re:Here we go AGAIN tech issues take over

[Post New]by Melymc on Jul 12, 14 7:47 PM
I am having no problems playing this game at all. I find it to be fun so far. It seems only people who have Avast are having problems so far. I have Norton antivirus, it has never stopped me from playing or downloading a game, unlike some of the other antivirus systems do. I don't think it's a Bigfish issue. It could be the compatibility of the antivirus software and the particular software of that DEV's game. Don't quote me though, my standard is "I know nothing, esp about computers" . Lol. JK. Don't give up Janeypat hopefully things will get better for us. There is no doubt that things are different than they use to be. I hope they figure out how to get around the Avast thing, so that everyone can try this game, it's at least worth that! Have a wonderful weekend!

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Jul 13, 14 3:58 AM
May I respectfully suggest that before you start assigning blame for technical issues, read the thread and see exactly what the problem is. As it turns out the major problem is specific to Avast Antivirus users; the programme is falsely reporting a virus within the download file.

If you ignore all the Avast posts, there are actually very few technical issues with this game. And I'm sure once Avast are notified they will deal with the problem

JulieJay
Catfish
Catfish
1,555 Posts

[Post New]by JulieJay on Jul 13, 14 1:00 PM
angelfish106 wrote:May I respectfully suggest that before you start assigning blame for technical issues, read the thread and see exactly what the problem is. As it turns out the major problem is specific to Avast Antivirus users; the programme is falsely reporting a virus within the download file.

If you ignore all the Avast posts, there are actually very few technical issues with this game. And I'm sure once Avast are notified they will deal with the problem

This happens all of the time. Some players just look at the number of posts and run scared without even reading the posts. If you take away the original OP, the posts by BFG, the people giving help, people quoting posts without posting anything, and sometimes players even reporting "glitches" when it's just that they can't figure out what to do next in the game then most of the time there aren't really any tech issues at all.

troischats
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

[Post New]by troischats on Jul 13, 14 2:13 PM
Couldn't agree more with what others are saying. And, for the record, I have no issues with this game at all - nor have I had any issues with ANY games I have bought from BFG. The only problem I had recently was with a game where the voiceovers disappeared - and that was a problem with the devs, which they rectified with a 'fix' a day or two later.

bfgWendwater
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,911 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWendwater on Jul 15, 14 9:24 AM
Hey Janeypat,

I know the tech thread has numerous posts in it, but this is due to the fact that a very specific anti-virus program (Avast) is preventing the game from being downloaded correctly, not that there is a technical problem with the game itself.

We aren't seeing many issues if you aren't using Avast anti-virus software, and if you are, some users have found a workaround that seems to fix the problem. You can fins those steps by clicking HERE.

I hope this helps to explain the situation.

bfgWendwater

shorenuf
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,281 Posts

[Post New]by shorenuf on Jul 16, 14 5:58 PM
bfgWendwater wrote:Hey Janeypat,

I know the tech thread has numerous posts in it, but this is due to the fact that a very specific anti-virus program (Avast) is preventing the game from being downloaded correctly, not that there is a technical problem with the game itself.

We aren't seeing many issues if you aren't using Avast anti-virus software, and if you are, some users have found a workaround that seems to fix the problem. You can fins those steps by clicking <a href="http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/20/288154.page">HERE</a>.

I hope this helps to explain the situation.

bfgWendwater

There are also some tech issues voiced by Mac users -- they always get lost among the PC tech issues. Besides that ,there are other PC related issues reported other than those about anti-virus. Too bad everything in tech issues is not the focus.

Candycleve
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by Candycleve on Jul 25, 14 8:16 AM
I unistalled my Avast and installed the new rebuilt version of the game. I still had the issue with the handcuffs. After a letter to BIG FISH I was offered a replacement game. I took that. While I wish I could have finished the game I am happy with this solution.

Go to: