sunnyd607
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

They make it too hard!

[Post New]by sunnyd607 on Jul 12, 14 9:29 PM
I for one think they make it too hard to finish quest! I have been playing for quite awhile and you go into the mini games 20-30 times or more to get 5-7 items. Then if thats not bad enough; you need to do that for 3 different mini games to complete " 1 " quest!!!!! I don't think you should win everything you need the first try but come on! They are ridiculous! I also play Antique Road Trip and although it is hard "sometimes" this game is just..........unrealistic with gaining what you need. Plus the money you win and stars are so few . I play these games to relax and have fun. I want to be challenged, I don't want or think it should be too easy, but this game is just so frustrating. I don't even want to play it anymore because it gets me soooo riled up. Am I alone; does anyone else feel this way?

mammym
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

Re:They make it too hard!

[Post New]by mammym on Jul 13, 14 8:13 AM
absolutely, I agree with you. The number of items requested is unrealistic given the infrequency of it dropping, the absurd amount of stars now required to level up, and so many other aspects of the game that have been made much more difficult make playing it frustrating. My attitude is now "why bother". The developers at Antiques Road Trip commented on how they were amazed at how fast people reached the maximum level and had no more levels to work towards. Shortly after, with the latest update here, I think, the amount of stars required to advance a level increased to an almost impossible level. I check in, maybe visit one area, claim my daily award, and check out.

judicuti
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by judicuti on Jul 13, 14 10:34 AM
A really fun and another free to play game is Archie Riverdale Resuce. You can play for along time and quests are not so ridiculous. Try it!!

cora_maxim
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by cora_maxim on Jul 13, 14 12:25 PM
I started doing the same , get the daily reward , play one (always the same ) one scene and get out. I think it's more than a month since I found my last brave gobhoblin book and I need two more . maybe I'll get them next year if I'm lucky .this game got beyond boring.

raelynn820
Guppy
Guppy
105 Posts

[Post New]by raelynn820 on Jul 13, 14 2:04 PM
I totally agree!! Not much fun at all if any. I do as other posters come daily sometimes if I am really lucky I may get to three scenes. Whoo. Developers want that money and not getting from me. I learned valuable lesson from Farm up.

NoFishToday
Salmon
Salmon
2,712 Posts

[Post New]by NoFishToday on Jul 13, 14 2:17 PM
Really a shame, because if the parties involved went about things properly, people would once again be able to enjoy this game. Like I've said before, no more money from me. Not until I get a fair value and can have some FUN (instead of torture).

sunnyd607
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

[Post New]by sunnyd607 on Jul 16, 14 10:38 PM
Well I am glad to hear that I am not the only one who feels this way. I mean they have to be realistic; who wants to play a game that seems almost impossible to win and be so dang frustrated all the time! Thanks to everyone who shared with me. I think I have reached the end of my rope with this game.

Turalyon
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,084 Posts

[Post New]by Turalyon on Jul 17, 14 12:26 AM
Amen to that. Had a quest where they wanted 10 Royal Jewel Boxes. And I also have one where they want 10 Goblin Tea Mix (or whatever that thing is called) from Gobholme, and so far I haven't gotten even one of those

[Post New]by TheSherlockian on Jul 17, 14 1:22 AM
I think the problem with most FTP games is the lack of skill necessary to play. You can do everything right, including waiting for your energy to recharge (or buy energy) and visit the right scenes in the right order and you're still at the mercy of whatever random reward algorithm the developers decided to program for that particular quest.

I think this game would benefit from a bit more skill requirement rather than luck (of which I seem to have little more than none).

It wouldn't be so terrible if you needed 20 Whisper Lilies or 20 Unicorn Daggers or whatever if you got one every time you visited a scene. Or even if you only needed one and were rewarded every 10 times you completed a scene..but the combination of rare drops and a ridiculous number requirement is beyond frustrating...

And then you just give them away. It would be one thing if it was just about collecting them, but you actually have to HAND them over from your inventory. Talk about adding insult to injury.

Bottom line, a game is called a game for a reason. I learned that if it's stressing you out, it's best to walk away.

Edited on 07/17/2014 at 1:23:07 AM PST

NoFishToday
Salmon
Salmon
2,712 Posts

[Post New]by NoFishToday on Jul 17, 14 5:45 AM
TheSherlockian wrote: You can do everything right, including waiting for your energy to recharge (or buy energy) and visit the right scenes in the right order and you're still at the mercy of whatever random reward algorithm the developers decided to program for that particular quest.

I think this game would benefit from a bit more skill requirement rather than luck (of which I seem to have little more than none).

I think this is what everyone is feeling. The devs keep using the word "challenging" to justify the "algorithm". For me, playing a game that is challenging DOES require skill and strategy and that is what makes for an enjoyable game.

Skill in this game IMO, would include completing collections properly by well-rounded visitation of HOS scenes, making the decision on when to "cash in" (or not), learning how to keep your amount of bolgins where you needed it to be, spending your energy wisely, and strategizing to raise your experience through a combination of map scenes and mini-games.

Instead, we have been relegated to hunting for rares ad nauseum and hoarding everything in fear of the next quest. I can't remember the last time I had the "guts" to cash in a collection, but I think the collections were initially intended to help us advance our game, and to determine a balance of "when to hold 'em and when to fold 'em".

Visiting the same HOS 20-30 times hoping for a drop (or not) is not what I call a "challenge". And I don't think that is what players are asking the developers for when they ask for a more challenging game, yet in response to asking for a "challenge" what we get instead are requests for 10, 15, 20 already hard to find items, instead of what used to be 5 or 7, coupled with greatly diminished drop rates during quests, when even without quests the drops are slim to none on some items.

I have been playing for 5 months, have GrandMastered all maps, however in that time, have received only three Nobles, three Brave Goblin Books and three Sophia Bows. Easy to assess when you look at your collections and how many times you have cashed in. I doubt that "luck" is the reason for such a paltry "take".

This has now become a game of nothing more than hoarding and auction scalping.

dk413
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
469 Posts

[Post New]by dk413 on Jul 17, 14 8:39 AM
I feel the same way as all of you. Besides the quests debacles I have a big problem with the the ridiculously long time it takes to recharge your energy at level 49, 675 energy it takes 57 hours to recharge to full. With the outrageous energy points needed to play scenes, I only get to play 3 or 4. I just tried ART and found the same issues. I sign on get rewards and sign out. So far BZ has not dealt with our concerns. Waiting for next update before I leave for good. They should take lessons from Agency 33 to see what player friendly really means.

nuttynuts
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by nuttynuts on Jul 17, 14 11:04 PM
I came here to make the same complaint and happily saw that I am not the only one. I was persistent and managed to get through the Goblin book and the Moonflower sprees. But now at level 47 three different quests are asking for Moon Fountain Tea mix, and by far this is the worst. Because for some reason Gnome Village, where it is found, gives out much fewer items than other places and the Tea Mix shows up once in about every 10 trials if you are lucky. This means that you have to play Gnome Village at least about 300 times to complete these quests! This is ridiculous.

It looks like the developers think we'll want it so much that we'll go and spend real money to buy these rare items. But I'd rather just move on to other games. I loved this game and wouldn't mind to spend a few bucks to get through if I were stuck, but the way they designed this game, you'd need to spend much more than a few bucks to play on.

As much as I love playing this game, I'll be moving on to others if an update that doesn't fix this issue is available soon.

Edited on 07/17/2014 at 11:06:05 PM PST

NoFishToday
Salmon
Salmon
2,712 Posts

[Post New]by NoFishToday on Jul 18, 14 7:58 AM
AK is by far my favorite game, but certainly not in the "mucked up" condition it is currently in. So, I have been trying other games in the event that this one is not properly "fixed". Midnight Castle can be played pretty much for as long as you want as an FTP, unless you want to spend money for faster quest completion, but playing slower, you can still play as much and as long as you want to, it just takes longer to complete the actual quests. The rewards are low (but so is the exp required to level-up), and there are wait times on map scenes (in which case you can just move on to another scene), but there is NO energy meter. You will find me playing there these days more than playing AK, unless I am here in the forum. I will mention again, that a few months ago, there was a "riot" over at MC, and many players left. Things were fixed. And people returned. And happily visited the bank again. Maybe the powers that be for AK can take a "hint" from that?

[Post New]by TheSherlockian on Jul 18, 14 12:18 PM
dk413 wrote:They should take lessons from Agency 33 to see what player friendly really means.

I agree. Not quite perfect, but a much more well-crafted game. You'll find my share of suggestions on that forum, but I vent because I care. I can play (on average) Agency 33 about 2 hours a day (2:00 minutes flat for energy regeneration) compared to A:K, which is all of 45 minutes a week. I log in daily, get my reward and log out. After about 4 days, I'm at full power and able to go on a usually fruitless quest to find lilies, teas, jewel boxes, etc. Within 10 to 20 minutes, my 700-and-something energy is depleted on scenes costing 80 points or more and I'm out of there.

I used to be upset about it, but I lost the will to care. I found Agency 33 and they have my full attention.

NoFishToday wrote:Midnight Castle can be played pretty much for as long as you want as an FTP, unless you want to spend money for faster quest completion, but playing slower, you can still play as much and as long as you want to...

This is another example of doing it right, especially when it comes to receiving rewards in that game. Need a torch from the crypt for a quest? Torch received. Creating a "relic" and need an item from an HOS? Almost guaranteed. This is called doing it "right"--rewarding players for being in the right place at the right time...

There are some great alternatives to A:K, and these are definitely two to try.

KKim
Guppy
Guppy
134 Posts

[Post New]by KKim on Jul 20, 14 1:45 AM
NoFishToday wrote:
TheSherlockian wrote: You can do everything right, including waiting for your energy to recharge (or buy energy) and visit the right scenes in the right order and you're still at the mercy of whatever random reward algorithm the developers decided to program for that particular quest.

I think this is what everyone is feeling. The devs keep using the word "challenging" to justify the "algorithm". For me, playing a game that is challenging DOES require skill and strategy and that is what makes for an enjoyable game.

Skill in this game IMO, would include completing collections properly by well-rounded visitation of HOS scenes, making the decision on when to "cash in" (or not), learning how to keep your amount of bolgins where you needed it to be, spending your energy wisely, and strategizing to raise your experience through a combination of map scenes and mini-games.

Instead, we have been relegated to hunting for rares ad nauseum and hoarding everything in fear of the next quest. I can't remember the last time I had the "guts" to cash in a collection, but I think the collections were initially intended to help us advance our game, and to determine a balance of "when to hold 'em and when to fold 'em".

Visiting the same HOS 20-30 times hoping for a drop (or not) is not what I call a "challenge". And I don't think that is what players are asking the developers for when they ask for a more challenging game, yet in response to asking for a "challenge" what we get instead are requests for 10, 15, 20 already hard to find items, instead of what used to be 5 or 7, coupled with greatly diminished drop rates during quests, when even without quests the drops are slim to none on some items.

I have been playing for 5 months, have GrandMastered all maps, however in that time, have received only three Nobles, three Brave Goblin Books and three Sophia Bows. Easy to assess when you look at your collections and how many times you have cashed in. I doubt that "luck" is the reason for such a paltry "take".

This has now become a game of nothing more than hoarding and auction scalping.

KKim
Guppy
Guppy
134 Posts

[Post New]by KKim on Jul 20, 14 1:57 AM
And I thought I was the only one scared to collect on sets. In fear that you might need something later on down the line. I could sell stuff, but what? A jade moon flower for $1.00.... When a new update turns up it seems to me that every one goes crazy to get through it as quickly as possible, to be first and then sell the extras to the poor people that struggle through in this game for outrageous prices. NoFishToday..... You hit the nail on the head with your insight into this game, TY. I am just hoping and waiting for things to work out for All in Justice and in Liberty .... Happy Gaming

XombieMom
Squid
Squid
66 Posts

[Post New]by XombieMom on Jul 21, 14 4:36 AM
I'm glad I'm not the only one. I've been trying to get those dang Snowglobes from Apricus Plaza everyday for probably the past three weeks with only ONE out of 3 to show for it. And that's because I had the snowglobe going into the quest.
I'm seriously starting to think I've done something wrong. I've gotten drops for traveler's compasses faster than I've got this snowglobe!
I am a bit frustrated because of it all, but mainly keep my mouth shut because it is an FTP game.. *le sigh*

NanaLoona
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
447 Posts

[Post New]by NanaLoona on Jul 21, 14 5:28 AM
Now here I was going to comment that I thought they had improved the drop rates with the last update, but maybe I'm glitched in a good way? I had been working on getting the Royal Chests from the Treasure Vault since before the last update. Today I finally got the 10th chest! I would only go into the scene or any scene once per day. Of course, now I have the quest for the 12 tea mixes and dried snowbulbs and something else, I forget what the last item was. So we will see how the drop rate for these items turns out.

jleigh23
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by jleigh23 on Jul 21, 14 5:50 AM
I was coming in to ask for help in how to finish a quest, but it seems everyone is in the same boat. I have been playing for 2 weeks straight, everyday going into sacred grove to get 8 unicorn feathers( up to 5). Because of the energy involved I can only play 3 times/day. I have since ranked out and still unbale to get these stupid feathers and to skip it they act like you have none at all. I dont want to waste 48 diamonds to skip when i am 1/2 thru, but i am sick of sacred grove. Hopefully the powers that be look at our suggestions( i.e. frustrations) and some how fix these problems. I dont mind doing the quests but it shouldnt take a month or more to finish it. Thank you for allowing to vent, it is nice knowing other people have the same problems. Everyone enjoy your day and go play another game for awhile or if the weather is nice enjoy it while it lasts.

Go to: