Edited on 07/13/2014 at 9:11:12 AM PST

bfgVaiya
Salmon
Salmon
2,557 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Dreampath: The Two Kingdoms here

[Post New]by bfgVaiya on Jul 13, 14 9:11 AM
Hello Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Dreampath: The Two Kingdoms here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Dreampath: The Two Kingdoms.
2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.
3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.
4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgVaiya

Janeypat
Minnow
Minnow
262 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Dreampath: The Two Kingdoms here

[Post New]by Janeypat on Jul 13, 14 4:18 PM
pondprowler wrote:A thread for your reviews!
thank you so much for being there -BUT just let gamers know thet really need to look at tech forum for the CE - so many tech issues - think I just hope you will get thru - gamers look and listen to you - thanx for being there

steve_san
Clownfish
Clownfish
586 Posts

[Post New]by steve_san on Jul 13, 14 5:18 PM
Are Two Kingdoms Twice As Nice?

A gold kingdom, a silver kingdom, and the secret that links them. Good vs.evil. Dragons, castles, fire, magic and the Elixir of Life. All here in one game.

Admittedly, the story contains nothing really new or novel, however it is interesting in its simplicity. The character's voices are excellently done, not overacted, and the dialog is sensible. There is a helper in the form of a cat who walks upright, but he doesn't try to be too cute. In addition to assisting you with various tasks, he shares some of the back story with you.

Drawing is very high quality. Animations and cut scenes are first rate as well. The style is very colorful - in contrast with the story which is somewhat dark. Sound effects are also very good, as is the music which is minimal.

The game stands out for its EASY PLAYABILITY for both hidden objects and puzzles. Though simple, the puzzles are well designed and nevertheless interesting owing to their seamless integration into the game's theme. Items in your inventory will occasionally need to be combined. You won't overtax your brain on this, though. The easy play causes the story to move along very quickly, so my concern is that this could be a short game.

In the Collector's Edition, there are collectible gold and silver coins, achievements, and the usual array of other pseudo-extras (TM).

While it doesn't quite have the story, difficulty or originality to merit the highest rating, it still delivers decent game play.

Two times two stars for Two Kingdoms.

unknitter
Clownfish
Clownfish
535 Posts

[Post New]by unknitter on Jul 14, 14 8:06 AM
Other than feeling there was more "story time" and dialogue to this game than I like, I enjoyed the game play. The trial contained several puzzles which were fun, not hard but not too easy either. Inventory items are used fairly quickly and the interactive map, which indicates the location of an active task, is helpful. The other thing I like about the map is that each location has a name. Maybe that seems nitpicky, but it's easier to keep notes if you know where to use an item once you've found it. Voiceovers were good; they were appropriate for the character and not irritating as some can be. The cat helper was okay but I wished he'd quit waving at me when he wasn't needed. I usually turn the music off so can't comment on that.

I had reservations about this game due to all the issues stated in the CE forum, however I played this SE trial with no problems whatsoever. A friend has played the entire CE to the end with no problems. I realize that many tech issues with the CE occurred in the full version, so it remains to be seen whether it will happen with the SE. I think I'll purchase it and take my chances. Hopefully I won't end up with a free coupon that isn't worthy of a punch anymore.

bessiegirl
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by bessiegirl on Jul 14, 14 5:32 PM
Ahhhhh, I love dragons and I really enjoyed this game. Colorful and the animations were great. Characters were a bit dorky looking, but the story was fun and full of things to do.

There were a lot of HOS, but they were very easy and the game moved smoothly..I didn't for a moment feel they were lugging the game down. I don't have a lot of patience with mini-games/puzzles so I'm not a very reliable judge of those. Some of these were quick and easy and others tedious difficult for me so I just waited out the skip and did just that..skipped. But from what could tell they were unique and a puzzle lover would enjoy them as some looked to be a challenge.

I didn't feel I had to turn off the music or the voice-overs so they must have been alright because I usually do. One drawback was the large amount of story-telling cutscenes which I totally skipped and it didn't impact the gameplay so they must be there for those who like a good dragon story.

Had a nice ending which closed the game well and didn't leave you hanging. There were some challenges to the gameplay along the way that made you stop and think things out. Transporter map was fantastic and at times there were transporter maps inside transporter maps which took some getting used to how to work them.

Hint and Skip refreshed adequately so you didn't spend time tapping your fingers on the desk waiting. I didn't need to use a strategy guide or walk-through (I don't anyway) as the game moved you along well.

Despite the fairy-taleishness of the game I definately give this a with a 4+ out of 5 rating. Certainly not girly-girl despite the fact the main character is a Princess. - Have fun with this one!

Oh, one thing more...The game did freeze a couple of times on me..not sure if it was because I was clicking too fast or what but I just opened the task manager, ended the game and started up again in the same place with no problems at all.

Edited on 07/14/2014 at 5:35:53 PM PST

saphhire
Herring
Herring
329 Posts

[Post New]by saphhire on Jul 14, 14 11:21 PM
I had no problems playing this game so they must have fixed the glitches..........................I ENJOYED IT.............try it you'll be surprised.................cute little game....................

dollyflower
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,373 Posts

[Post New]by dollyflower on Jul 15, 14 2:58 AM
How can you resist a game with kitties?

kdubs
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,480 Posts

[Post New]by kdubs on Jul 16, 14 9:09 PM
This SE version played glitch-free from beginning to end.

I'm glad I got the SE because it is a long game that takes players to a variety of worlds....and back....again and again. Although I rarely take advantage of 'jump' features, preferring to trek it out, in this game all that traveling between worlds required alot of jumping.

I'm not much for most of the cutesy critters that have been popping up in games recently, but our furry friend here is one multi-talented dude! It made me laugh how he took cover every time I tried to use him in a way devs had not intended.

I think graphics are excellent, although some of the HOS are noticeably less clear. The lighting in the HOS did make some of them difficult, at least for my eyes.

Devs did one really nice thing for all of us who purchased the SE -- it felt like a fully completed story. I appreciate devs who wrap up the SE in this way. Good job.

Edited on 07/16/2014 at 9:20:16 PM PST

dollyflower
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,373 Posts

[Post New]by dollyflower on Jul 26, 14 8:21 PM
I've purchased and played this game over half way through and have not encountered any tech issues!

yowzasma
Clownfish
Clownfish
547 Posts

[Post New]by yowzasma on Jul 28, 14 6:35 PM
What a nice game Played through without any problems and loved the Tele-port map and my Cat helper.
The storyline, dragons' I liked Music and voice-overs were just fine
I was really in the mood for a change of pace away from dungeons and huge supplies of skeletons.
The mini-games were fresh and mostly simple but I liked them ( and if I didn't, I skipped them And last but not least, the HOG scenes were somewhat different and again ,I liked them
I really appreciate the developers having a good ending and not leaving the end hanging the way some others do especially in SE versions
In reviewing the previous positive reviews I want to say I agree
I'm giving this pleasant interlude and 1/2
Good job Developers, thank you !

rebahanna
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by rebahanna on Jan 18, 15 4:24 PM
Great Game.

I bought this game on "all games half off" day. I scored. You get a whole lot of fun for just a few bucks. I normally don't buy hidden object games anymore because they are pretty much all the same, but I really enjoyed this one. The graphics were great, the story was beautiful, and I'm a sucker for cats. Did anyone notice that the kitty sound bytes were the same ones from the Super Granny games? Cute.

poppy45
Clownfish
Clownfish
834 Posts

[Post New]by poppy45 on Jun 23, 15 3:26 AM
wonderful game clear & crisp love the cat keep up the great gamong

Go to: