Please post your TECH ISSUES for The House on Usher

[Post New]by pondprowler on Jul 14, 14 12:34 AM
A thread for your tech issues!

(Please note: I am not a BFG employee or a tech expert, I'm just posting this thread to help give a place for people having trouble to post their issues. Instead of PMing me with your questions, which I probably can't answer, please POST YOUR ISSUE or questions in this thread!
Thanks!
~pp)

Edited on 07/14/2014 at 8:32:35 AM PST

Re:Please post your TECH ISSUES for The House on Usher

[Post New]by prtyblueyes4u on Jul 14, 14 12:48 AM
I just purchased The House On Usher, installed it and it will not play. It just keeps going to the Big Fish Games App and tells me I own the game. How do I get it to play??

poppy85
Guppy
Guppy
182 Posts

[Post New]by poppy85 on Jul 14, 14 1:15 AM
prtyblueyes4u wrote:I just purchased The House On Usher, installed it and it will not play. It just keeps going to the Big Fish Games App and tells me I own the game. How do I get it to play??

I wouldn't bother, it's not worth it!

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jul 14, 14 1:19 AM
Poppy, prtyblueyes already bought the game, so she has to bother. LOL

Prtyblueyes... try to exit the Game Manager, and then restart your computer. If that doesn't help, uninstall the game and reinstall it.

I have noticed that the GM does mess you around from time to time. Good luck.

lovely62
Clownfish
Clownfish
731 Posts

[Post New]by lovely62 on Jul 14, 14 2:13 AM
I dont know if this will help but some of my g ames i have to change the screen resolution.I had to try to many things to get the games to work.,I did get to play the game, The game is cute and different and a buy..Good luck fishes.. .

LovetoMissLisa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,823 Posts

[Post New]by LovetoMissLisa on Jul 14, 14 3:15 AM
And yet another game that has more bugs than a roach motel. But, I really like it without the bugs. Hope they fix it?

bfgVaiya
Salmon
Salmon
2,557 Posts

[Post New]by bfgVaiya on Jul 14, 14 8:31 AM
Hey there Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgVaiya

wllowldy
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by wllowldy on Jul 14, 14 10:56 AM
I thought I would try the demo first. During the d/l I get an "error 3". So I deleted the game from g/m and rebooted my pc then reinstalled the game. Still got error 3. Not sure what it is but not worth the effort to keep trying.

bfgWendwater
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,911 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWendwater on Jul 15, 14 11:29 AM
Hey wllowldy,

I'm sorry that you are getting that error preventing the game from functioning.

Below, I have provided you with a link to a help article with some troubleshooting steps that can help get Error Code 3 resolved.

Error Code 3

If you would like additional help with this, please contact our Tech Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report. One of our Reps can look further into this issue for a resolution.

I hope this helps!

bfgWendwater

Edited on 07/15/2014 at 11:29:55 AM PST

[Post New]by harttk40 on Jul 16, 14 6:23 AM
bought the game, played the whole game with no problems, tried to replay the game and now cant play, the screen is black.. love the game.

[Post New]by trionaparrot on Jul 16, 14 2:10 PM
Hi All. I got as far as the garden and going into the maze in the woods but the game keeps closing down and taking me back to the game manager. Anyone got any solutions please. Thanks Triona

Go to: