Cat

Housen
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

Cat

[Post New]by Housen on Jul 14, 14 9:11 AM
Maybe this is a silly question, but do you have to buy the cat to do the painting quests? I finished the quest with the amber glass and found the first painting, but after that there has not been any new quests popping up or anything. All I can figure is that I have to buy the silly cat. Am I right?

sahobbs
Clownfish
Clownfish
618 Posts

Re:Cat

[Post New]by sahobbs on Jul 14, 14 9:25 AM
The purchase of the cat and it's first necklace does have something with the paintings showing up quicker. There are other posts about this and they found out getting the cat helped.
About getting gold without having to purchase it, I can only say get some of your achievements that give out gold done. You can't get gold through the auction sells until the next upgrade (whenever that is).
Good luck and Happy Gaming from just another Guppy swimming in the Big Pond!

Housen
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by Housen on Jul 14, 14 11:04 AM
sahobbs wrote:The purchase of the cat and it's first necklace does have something with the paintings showing up quicker. There are other posts about this and they found out getting the cat helped.
About getting gold without having to purchase it, I can only say get some of your achievements that give out gold done. You can't get gold through the auction sells until the next upgrade (whenever that is).
Good luck and Happy Gaming from just another Guppy swimming in the Big Pond!

Thanks for your help!! Everyone on these forums are so nice!

wulfruna
Flounder
Flounder
2,249 Posts

[Post New]by wulfruna on Jul 14, 14 3:32 PM
The quests for the pictures don't just "pop up". You have to go and find the items for yourself in your special (purple) "crest" collection. It is only when you collect all the pieces for each item and then fit them together (as with the amber glass) that the quest for the actual picture will appear. There are several threads which tell you how to do this and where to find the pieces in the mini-games. See especially the other thread asking about the cat and the necklace just a few below this one.
Then when you have the complete item a clue will appear - you have to click directly on the clue itself and Chris will pop up to tell you it is a clue and then you will get the quest for the picture.
Having the cat certainly does seem to help.....

Edited on 07/14/2014 at 3:34:55 PM PST

KRTR
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
9 Posts

[Post New]by KRTR on Jul 14, 14 7:16 PM
I have found that you can get a lot of Gold Bars in the Penny Arcade using the middle game (the one that uses Gold Stars). I've been playing it a lot and it gives lots of Gold Bars, food, and keepsakes!!!!!

Housen
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by Housen on Jul 15, 14 10:39 AM
KRTR wrote:I have found that you can get a lot of Gold Bars in the Penny Arcade using the middle game (the one that uses Gold Stars). I've been playing it a lot and it gives lots of Gold Bars, food, and keepsakes!!!!!

Awesome! Thanks for the tip!

Go to: