A thread for your reviews!

Edited on 07/15/2014 at 8:08:24 AM PST

sonofstar
Herring
Herring
361 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Pachinko Pop here

[Post New]by sonofstar on Jul 15, 14 7:17 AM
I'm not impressed. Could be a cute game but I'm not into any game that requires actual monetary purchases to keep power ups and buy extra lives in order to complete the game. Not anything I'd ever be interested in. Try again with something less expensive.

bfgWendwater
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,911 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWendwater on Jul 15, 14 8:08 AM
Hello Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Pachinko Pop here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Pachinko Pop.
2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.
3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.
4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgWendwater

wyebank
Lobster
Lobster
86 Posts

[Post New]by wyebank on Jul 15, 14 8:47 AM
Direct steal from Papa Pear on Facebook. Don't mind as I love that game.

mtvoyager
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by mtvoyager on Jul 15, 14 9:38 AM
I refuse to keep a game that claims to be free, but will nickel and dime you. Total rip off.

kdubs
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,480 Posts

[Post New]by kdubs on Jul 15, 14 10:47 AM
Came to try....Saw "Free to Play"....

Yeah right, nothing free about it!

Movin' on.

Pixieydust
Guppy
Guppy
117 Posts

[Post New]by Pixieydust on Jul 15, 14 10:16 PM
I played until my hearts were finished...which did not even take ten minutes. I did not buy powerups or recharge with gold bars. The ratio of bars for real money is far too much.

I would have probably bought this game had it not been free to play..or pay to play it should be called. With the style of game similar to peggle ect, it could be fun.

I will not be playing this again. It could have been cute. Too bad they made this be a money grab like so many other forgettable games.

shagwendy
Stingray
Stingray
4,926 Posts

[Post New]by shagwendy on Jul 16, 14 7:00 AM
wyebank wrote:Direct steal from Papa Pear on Facebook. Don't mind as I love that game.

Which I assume would be a direct steal from Peggle and Peggle Nights, available here, two of my favorite games. If anyone has played Peggle and this game, are they pretty similar? Will being a PeggleMaster help conserve your gold in this game? (I am a PeggleMaster, have my certificate to prove it ) I'm so excited about another Peggle-type game

Jerril
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by Jerril on Jul 16, 14 10:21 AM
The Game Is Like Papa Pear On FB, But I Wish You Would Just Make It A Game To Buy,I Really Like It ,But Won"t Pay For Gold. I Would Pay Game Club Prices,

Bad Game!

[Post New]by maineiac48 on Jul 20, 14 9:26 AM
A Lame attempt to wring money out of players

The game will let you play for a while, then you have to purchase "gold" with real money. The "gold" is then used to buy more lives. I feel that there will be an awful lot of kids running up charges on parents charge accounts. The only purpose of the game is to vacuum out your wallet. Do yourself a favor:Don't install this game! If your kids have it on the computer, uninstall it before you end up with a surprise bill.

[Post New]by jaders98 on Jul 25, 14 2:49 AM
This could be a fun game if they would let me past one after I get the required score!!

[Post New]by LarrytheGreat on Jul 28, 14 2:38 PM
This is a fun game but impossible to play after you use up your gold bars. There's very little available in the game or online to explain how it works. How are those fire balls generated? They seem to appear randomly in level 70, but is there some sort of bounce that will generate them? I don't know. What are the names of those cute little icons. The roly-poly guys may be called "bouncers." I don't know. After repeating level 70 for several days, I had to give up on it. I uninstalled the game. It's too bad this game isn't just offered for sale at a set price. I don't have the type of personality that gets hung up in game to the point I'm paying regularly for the privilege. Goodbye Pachinko Pop - it was good while it lasted. -Mrs LarrytheGreat

dancebear
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by dancebear on Aug 11, 14 5:07 PM
I would have bought this game as I really like it but I refuse to pay for lives. I think Big Fish is getting more into this kind of game and I'm not pleased. So far made it to level 26 without purchasing any bars or lives. I'll see how far I can get that way then quit. I may just switch to Steam if this trend continues. They have more of the adventure type games without all the mindless hidden objects anyway.

Edited on 08/13/2014 at 8:07:29 AM PST

[Post New]by Riba_Soma on Aug 13, 14 5:35 AM
Hi there! I have some things to add to LarrytheGreat's review - he made some valid points, by the way!.. There is an official walkthrough in the Big Fish Games blog - it's called Pachinko Pop Tips and Tricks. In this walkthrough, 'roly-poly guys' are called athletes, and they are called bouncers in the game tutorial. And I've read here that fire balls are generated when you destroy all pegs of the same type, - I tried it, and it worked.

Paid for the game, demands more just to keep playing!!!

[Post New]by Auntiejan457 on Aug 24, 14 9:37 PM
This game could be a lot of fun. However, it is very slow, and the gold bar purchase just to continue playing (lives expire very quickly) is a complete exit from game for me. I understand this tactic for online "free" games but this is just silly. Uninstalling, moving on to something more worthwhile.

Kimmycoo
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by Kimmycoo on Sep 18, 14 7:38 AM
This game ROCKS!! I am totally addicted to it. I am on level 87 now. I love so many things about this game, that keep you coming back for more. The levels get harder and harder but YOU get better and better. I like that you can collect up to 3 stars per level so that you can get through a bigger door to move you on to the next town. I love the boss battles. I loooove the graphics, the level challenges are superior. I love that you do a different thing in each level. I have bought gold but the price is deff worth it when Bigfish has sales on it. Only 1.39 for 25 Gold. That has helped me to pass a few levels. Most of the people I know who play this game are head over "balls" in love with this game. So glad it came out. During my surgery it was all I had and it helped me to forget about my pain for a while. I LOVE PACHINKO POP!!!

Kimmycoo
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by Kimmycoo on Sep 18, 14 7:45 AM
By the way people, I noticed everyone thinking they have to buy gold after their lives are up, THIS IS NOT TRUE. You have to come back in about 20 minutes and your lives recharge just like on any free to play game. So I play 2 times each day, I let my life recharge. I wish people would pay attention. Another thing is that people think after they get the required score and still lose something is wrong with the game...NO NO NO, If people would take the time to read what the requirements for that level are, you will see, you not only need the required points but you also need to open the guys at the bottom or you need to collect 10 of the liuttle guys, they tell you what you have to do. This game is awesome. Pay attention to detail and youll see you dont have to pay a THING for this game if you keep coming back after life recharge!

Edited on 09/18/2014 at 7:45:43 AM PST

alaskan22
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

[Post New]by alaskan22 on Sep 20, 14 11:02 AM
It was a fun game but there is no place to either reset the game or for the other game player who uses this computer to play. I even deleted it and reloaded it thinking maybe it would reset but, no, it just took me right back to the same level. Going to delete it for good.

I like Relic Rescue much better because you can name other players and you can reset the game.

treeci
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by treeci on Oct 7, 14 5:41 PM
I never spend extra real money for games except to purchase for $9.99 if I like it.
I have spend money on this game so I could continue because I do like it. But, This Pachinko Pop game sets you up for failure. It is designed to not let you go to different levels without buying move lives or gold. And its not cheap to buy gold! Too bad because this game could be fun but cost way, way too much money to keep playing.
I have deleted it once and brought it back and now I've had enough and will delete it for the last time.

Go to: