Please post your REVIEWS for Sharpe Investigations: Death on the Seine here

[Post New]by pondprowler on Jul 15, 14 12:36 AM
A thread for your reviews!

Edited on 07/15/2014 at 8:43:39 AM PST

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Sharpe Investigations: Death on the Seine here

[Post New]by radcherub on Jul 15, 14 2:01 AM
Enjoyed game,no glitches at all but unfortunately its a short game.Only an hour to finish it.

[Post New]by JustTheFacts on Jul 15, 14 2:18 AM
Another Nice iHOG****

BASED ON DEMO

I like this game! It’s simple, no flashy videos or special effects, no complex story, no fanfare at all really. But it looks lovely, is light-hearted despite the subject matter – murder – and it has fun HOP scenes that are a just a little challenging. I really enjoyed the art and the music in this one. Even the office atmosphere created by almost subliminal voices in the first location. The imagery is basically static, but the impression of movement is created by a little animation in the right spots.

But it is not for everyone. It involves a LOT of (written) dialogue, most of it unnecessary, but amusing. If you liked Toymaker, and can ignore or enjoy a little repartee between characters, this will probably appeal. The next step in the game is explained and justified by all this chatter, but the map will take you to the right place anyway, as it is labelled with the areas where a task awaits.

The gameplay is pure HOPs with the occasional easy but fun puzzle. The HOPs are mostly simple interactive word lists, although there is at least one multiples of. The scenes may be visited twice – one scene is so far. There are locations within locations – for example, the kitchen of the restaurant has a walk-in freezer. Hint is quick on the easiest of 3 levels. And I needed it occasionally. There is a little more back and forward than ideal, particularly for a HOG.

The story is a bit different, always good. You are a food reporter and are accompanied by a “paparazzi” (your word, you really don’t like him) photographer on your mission to investigate the death of a famous chef. Luckily, you know the restauranteur, and are given access to the scene of the crime, and the most likely suspects.

I like the fact that you sleep in this game lol! How often is that taken into account! I also like the fact that we are in Paris is a part of the game. French words pop up everywhere, and the French stereotypes are part of the fun.

An easy game, with pleasant visuals and very pleasant music. A lot of light-hearted quips, and visible items in cluttered but clear and interesting HOP scenes. That’s enough for a punchcard credit, and I’d even buy it in a sale, I think. It is relaxing and engrossing.

I recommend this game!

PS. I think radcherub is faster than me, I'm certainly not finished, but it does seem to be a short game.

leacraw
Shark
Shark
14,048 Posts

[Post New]by leacraw on Jul 15, 14 4:09 AM
I thought I might enjoy this game if I used a PCC, since I wouldn't pay cash for it. No go! When I tried to combine 2 items in an HOP I got the 'This is stupid' comment.
Sorry Devs, that capped it.
cbtx, I should have listened to you
lea

Edited on 07/15/2014 at 4:39:38 PM PST

qpr1
Clownfish
Clownfish
733 Posts

[Post New]by qpr1 on Jul 15, 14 7:33 AM
I did not find this game to be too bad, yes it had lots of hand holding and seemed dated. ithink this game would be well suited for the beginner.
I shall not buy it

MLC60
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by MLC60 on Jul 15, 14 8:06 AM
[Removed by Moderator] I thought this was a rather pleasant little game. I admit items tended to be difficult to find in the junk piles with my 60-something eyes, but it was refreshing to have human bad guys instead of witches, warlocks and aliens for a change. No animal helper was also a plus!

Edited on 07/18/2014 at 9:25:15 AM PST

bfgWendwater
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,911 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWendwater on Jul 15, 14 8:38 AM
Hello Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Sharpe Investigations: Death on the Seine here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Sharpe Investigations: Death on the Seine.
2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.
3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.
4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgWendwater

mjdona
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by mjdona on Jul 15, 14 5:31 PM
I agree with previous reviewers that Sharp Investigations was simple and not an up to date game, but I still enjoyed it. I've had problems with the last few games I've downloaded and was unable to play. So this was wonderful to download and just play without problems. No trying to find a walk through or clues to go on with the game. Enjoyed a game that WORKED.

snapnhiss
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by snapnhiss on Jul 15, 14 6:55 PM
I think this is a pretty, relaxing game. The artwork is very good, the characters are attractive and the dialog is well written. It's well worth a PCC.

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on Jul 16, 14 10:14 AM
Well worth the sale today. But be warned. It is very short.

Ridnhi
Guppy
Guppy
115 Posts

[Post New]by Ridnhi on Jul 18, 14 6:15 PM
I just finished the game. So refreshing to have a "normal" more up to date game. Nothing hard. Lots of HO's which were not too hard for my old eyes to find with an occasional pointer from the hint button. It kept me happily occupied for a good part of the afternoon and I am so glad I got it. For those who don't require witches, or the supernatural for entertainment but want a straightforward "murder mystery"; give this game a try. You may surprise yourself, as did I........... No fairies, no ghosties, no brews to mix up, no machines to fix.......just a good old "modern" HOG.
Good gaming fishies!!! Ridnhi...........

exact
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
434 Posts

[Post New]by exact on Jul 20, 14 11:40 PM
I liked this game. Nice graphics, nothing complicated. Easy flow to it. Good story line. HO's were fun to find objects, however the game was way to short. I was hoping she would get another assignment from her boss.

cohiba
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by cohiba on Jul 28, 14 7:16 AM
just beginning to enjoy it then it was OVER ,... much too short.

Tufty57
Minnow
Minnow
229 Posts

[Post New]by Tufty57 on Aug 12, 14 12:47 AM
Yes, this game is short and little to do at each location. That said, it is entertaining and I did enjoy the music.

Wouldn't have paid good money for it, but if you have a coupon about to run out, there are worse games you could splurge it on.

Have fun!

T57

roaming
Clownfish
Clownfish
644 Posts

[Post New]by roaming on Aug 16, 14 11:34 PM
Pure hidden object. Read the dialogue. Very dated. Seems okay for a child of about eight.

Edited on 08/16/2014 at 11:38:05 PM PST

Go to: