Help! How do I get more energy without having to pay for it???

[Post New]by nontechiegrannie on Jul 15, 14 8:48 PM
I am at a standstill without any energy. I certainly do NOT want to pay for it. Is there any way around this or am I just finished playing the game?

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

Re:Help! How do I get more energy without having to pay for it???

[Post New]by Valdy on Jul 15, 14 11:46 PM
Not to forget that every 3 minutes, you get 1 energy point. There is a clock/counter underneath the Energy bar, which tells you how long for the next energy point to be added. If you come back into the game some time later, you will see that the energy has replenished.

[Post New]by nontechiegrannie on Jul 16, 14 11:21 AM
I forgot to mention in my previous post that I did look in the inventory & used it all up. This morning I found that I had more energy but have again have used it all up, including the inventory, & am back in the same NO ENERGY boat. Does this mean that I have to wait until tomorrow to acquire more energy without paying for it???

Also, I do not see a HINT button. Is there one? If so, where the heck is it?

Hope someone can give me some additional insight into the workings of this game.
For example, there is an amount listed over my name on the map page. I clicked on it but nothing happens. What does this number mean?

Why do I have to buy clothing for the avatar? What is the benefit for doing this?

bfgVaiya
Salmon
Salmon
2,557 Posts

[Post New]by bfgVaiya on Jul 16, 14 11:35 AM
Hey nontechiegrannie

I can definitely help with some of those questions.

If you'd rather not purchase energy, since energy rebuilds at 1 energy in 3 minutes, if you wait a couple of hours, you should have enough energy to to play a few more scenes, so you definitely won't need to wait until the next day.

The Hints only available while in a Hidden Object Scene, and they're at the bottom right, like in most Hidden Object Games. The difference here, is the Hints are used through items you have. One of the items is a tuning fork, and another looks like a ball of energy. Each type of hint will work differently.

The number listed above your name on the map page is how many Experience points you've earned. Whenever you earn those silver badge icons in the game, they add to your gained Exp in the game, and this helps you level up.

I took a close look at the clothes that can be purchased, and it looks like depending on which items you purchase, the clothing offers a boost to what you gain. Some items will speed up the time it takes to earn energy, while others will increase the experience you earn.

I hope this information helps!

bfgVaiya

[Post New]by nontechiegrannie on Jul 17, 14 9:47 AM
Thanks bfg/Vaiya.

Your post helped me a lot. It seems that every time I play the game I learn some new "trick" about the game. I am new to this type of game & really enjoying the game play. Just wish I could keep up my energy better!!!

bfgVaiya
Salmon
Salmon
2,557 Posts

[Post New]by bfgVaiya on Jul 17, 14 11:50 AM
Hey nontechiegrannie

I'm glad I could help out!

bfgVaiya

Tzeitel99
Clownfish
Clownfish
690 Posts

[Post New]by Tzeitel99 on Jul 19, 14 11:30 PM
Thank you to the posters who explained the energy refill to me. I didn't pay attention closely enough to realize that my energy was getting refilled!

Another question. I must be missing something else. If I go to a site to collect an item and I finish the puzzle in short order, why is it that I do not get the reward item each time? And then other times, I might have an issue finding everything quickly and voila' there is my item! There must be some other explanation rather them time. Any help would be appreciated. I cannot play until Monday now as I do not have enough energy and I do not have enough gold to buy any!

This is a fun game and I wish I knew what the point was, but I don't care as I love it...

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jul 20, 14 12:26 AM
bfgVaiya wrote:Hey nontechiegrannie

I'm glad I could help out!

bfgVaiya

Yes, I am glad we ALL were able to help?

--- --- ---

Tzeitel... it's the same with other F2P HOGs, like FOUND, for example. You don't always get what you are looking for the first time you play the Hidden Object Scene. If you did, the game would be over far too quickly. It's normal that you don't always get the objects right away.

bfgVaiya
Salmon
Salmon
2,557 Posts

[Post New]by bfgVaiya on Jul 20, 14 10:52 AM
Hey Valdy

I definitely didn't mean to leave you and twinsoniclab out! You both definitely did bring a lot of help, and I appreciate how much you've both contributed to helping others in the forums. Sorry for the slip of mind!

bfgVaiya

Tzeitel99
Clownfish
Clownfish
690 Posts

[Post New]by Tzeitel99 on Jul 20, 14 2:46 PM
Well if we did get the things we needed, perhaps we wouldn't use up so much energy needlessly! Second question, there are some locations we visit that offer multiple rewards. If we have 4 of them and need the fifth, is there a way to indicate which reward we want or is it purely random? I have 3 clock faces and 2-3 of something else I don't need as well. Meanwhile to took forever to get the reward that I paid the gold for, sigh........

Edited on 07/21/2014 at 10:40:51 AM PST

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jul 20, 14 11:19 PM
bfgVaiya wrote:Hey Valdy

I definitely didn't mean to leave you and twinsoniclab out! You both definitely did bring a lot of help, and I appreciate how much you've both contributed to helping others in the forums. Sorry for the slip of mind!

bfgVaiya

Oh no, Vaiya, I didn't mean you. I meant the OP who asked for help and who got helped by Twinsoniclab and myself.

I often see someone asking for help, and then either never comes back, or they can't be bothered to acknowledge the fact that you took the time to try and help. Annoys me. Two little words go a long way.

--- --- ---

Sorry Tzeitel, can't help you there. These type of games are designed to give you what it wants to give you, not what you want, so you spend lots of money (to buy more energy as well). I would just go with the flow and learn as you go.

Tzeitel99
Clownfish
Clownfish
690 Posts

[Post New]by Tzeitel99 on Jul 21, 14 10:44 AM
Thanks Valdy. What I am learning is that because I refuse to pay actual money, I have to be very, very patient. So I play in the morning when my energy is full and once it runs out, wait about 8-10 hours to play again.
Today I was very happy as I got three rewards on one location! They didn't go together either so I was able to complete three tasks....extra gold of course but no extra energy!

moxiemoll
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

[Post New]by moxiemoll on Aug 2, 14 10:23 PM
I found if you buy the starter pack, it has a stained glass window and you can also purchase items (WITH THE GEMS YOU EARN) for your office that help with getting more energy/experience/items. Look in the Office, click on the bottom shelf of the acheivements cabinet. That is where to find the office supplies.

moxiemoll
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

[Post New]by moxiemoll on Aug 2, 14 10:27 PM
You can also buy a croissant for 500 coins and that will help with getting access to another HOS.

[Post New]by alb264 on Aug 5, 14 3:24 PM
I was wondering if anyone else is trying to use the amulets in the inventory. I've attempted to use 3 of them to gain extra energy for an hour (or whatever it said) and it's done nothing!!! What a waste!!

Thanks for anyone with an answer!!

ekstra2000
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,357 Posts

[Post New]by ekstra2000 on Aug 6, 14 11:29 AM
I've used the amulets. I think the wording is misleading. 100% energy increase doesn't mean you'll have 100 percent of your energy, merely that it will recharge 100% faster. In other words, you'll get a point of energy every minute and a half rather than every three minutes. Same with the 50% one...you'll get a point every two minutes rather than every three minutes.
I've found that they help.
The key to any of these games is patience, unless you're willing to spend a lot of money. I have several of them running, and I play each for a while each day, allowing energy to renew in between. However, energy on all of them takes anywhere from three to five minutes per point, so patience is still an issue.
One of the hints I've given to new players is to watch where you are in relationship to the next level. You don't want to pay for something that's going to refill your energy if you are only a few points away from the next level. Buy a croissant, do a scene, and level up if possible. This is the best way to conserve energy. If I'm really close I'll buy little bits of energy to put myself to the next level, then play out the energy from the new level.

Go to: