Please post your TECH ISSUES for The Other Side: Tower of Souls here

[Post New]by pondprowler on Jul 16, 14 12:33 AM
A thread for your tech issues!

(Please note: I am not a BFG employee or a tech expert, I'm just posting this thread to help give a place for people having trouble to post their issues. Instead of PMing me with your questions, which I probably can't answer, please POST YOUR ISSUE or questions in this thread!
Thanks!
~pp)

Edited on 07/16/2014 at 8:36:03 AM PST

Re:Please post your TECH ISSUES for The Other Side: Tower of Souls here

[Post New]by elvenstardragon on Jul 16, 14 4:40 AM
Thankyou Pondprowler for starting this thread.
Great game and I bought it, but now my curser keeps disappearing. It's as if it goes behind something as I'm panning across the screen then it reappears again, but there's nothing to go behind. It is stopping me from putting my curser on some things. I'm using the system curser, and I'm using Vista on a PC. Everything is up to date.

Edited on 07/16/2014 at 4:43:14 AM PST

BetsLaw
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by BetsLaw on Jul 16, 14 6:30 AM
I played the game for a while and quit. When I came back later to play, all my "little paws" collectibles seem to have disappeared. I had 40 or so and now I am back to one collected. What's up with that?

gailgo
Rainbowfish
Rainbowfish
43,711 Posts

[Post New]by gailgo on Jul 16, 14 7:36 AM
lost my inventory at one stage, started a new profile and was ok

bfgVaiya
Salmon
Salmon
2,557 Posts

[Post New]by bfgVaiya on Jul 16, 14 8:34 AM
Hey there Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgVaiya

This game froze up my computer and I had to shut everything down

[Post New]by lisavio on Jul 16, 14 9:13 AM
bfgVaiya wrote:Hey there Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a>. Using our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a> is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

<a href="http://bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=166"> Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen </a>
<a href="http://bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=438">Game Compatibility</a>

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a>, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a>.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgVaiya

Edited on 07/16/2014 at 9:14:46 AM PST

antiquer
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,386 Posts

[Post New]by antiquer on Jul 16, 14 12:35 PM
Can't even do the first HO scene. I click the banana and it disappears. Same with carrot. Hint tells me what to do but the item is gone!

bfgWendwater
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,911 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWendwater on Jul 16, 14 5:11 PM
Hi antiquer,

I'm so sorry that's happening.

Sometimes running the game as an administrator will allow your computer to access all the game files and can fix progression issues like these. Just check out the link below for some steps:

Run Game as Administrator

If you would like some additional support, please contact our Tech Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report. One of our Reps can look into that for you.

I hope this helps!

bfgWendwater

antiquer
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,386 Posts

[Post New]by antiquer on Jul 16, 14 8:31 PM
Thanks bfgWendwater. I went back in twice and then it worked. Have no idea what that was about

Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Jul 17, 14 4:42 AM
The only problem I am having is getting the game to fit my screen properly as when playing a HOP, the one where you have to collect the letter C to put on the alphabet block, I couldn't find it so clicked the hint button which gave me a sparkle to the very left of my screen although there was nothing there. I then clicked at the very edge of the screen and it flew across the screen onto the alphabet block. I also can't access the map as it's to the left of the journal and I can only see half of the journal.

I have tried changing my resolution which doesn't work, and also in the Options I've tried to uncheck it from Full Screen but get an error message saying "sorry, windowed mode is not supported with your screen resolution or desktop settings". I know how to change my resolution and have tried that several times but I haven't a clue what desktop settings mean.

I am using Windows Vista, 32-bit operating system and have a 20 inch screen.

Oh dear I have just noticed that to the right hand side of my screen I have a half inch wide black bar down the side, so the game is out of alignment I think.

Any help would be appreciated - thanks.

I have been randomly playing around with my resolution and settings and have now solved the problem - I have no idea how but I can now see the whole of game screen.

Edited on 07/17/2014 at 5:29:27 AM PST

judithannegg
Guppy
Guppy
180 Posts

[Post New]by judithannegg on Jul 17, 14 7:25 AM
I too played for a while and had about 40 cat paws. Opened up game this morning and I was back to no cat paws! I was in the scenes where you go back and forth from present to past. I was soooo looking forward to finding all 100! Now I don't know how many I have really found!

ganonsbane
Catfish
Catfish
1,595 Posts

[Post New]by ganonsbane on Jul 17, 14 10:50 AM
BetsLaw wrote:I played the game for a while and quit. When I came back later to play, all my "little paws" collectibles seem to have disappeared. I had 40 or so and now I am back to one collected. What's up with that?

The same thing happened to me. I had 70 Cat's Paw & quit for the night. When I started playing today, all of them were gone.

Edited on 07/17/2014 at 10:52:35 AM PST

RaceCat3
Marlin
Marlin
9,644 Posts

[Post New]by RaceCat3 on Jul 18, 14 3:12 PM
I loaded the game for about the 5th time to play. My cat paws were always there before, now they reset at 1. I know others have had this problem, so I think the dev needs to look at this. It's no big deal to me, I never find all of the collectibles anyway, but I know that some fishies do try to find them all.

ETA: I was almost finished with the game when this happened.

Edited on 07/18/2014 at 3:47:02 PM PST

SeaBamboo
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,158 Posts

Achievements screen blank & unable to buy any items - try reinstall

[Post New]by SeaBamboo on Jul 19, 14 5:03 AM
When I played the demo I could see Achievements and also the cost of items in the 'shop'.
Now that I have purchased the game the Achievements area is just a blank screen; I should have got at least one achievement by now as I have finished a HOG without a hint and selected 7 items within 10 seconds (two of the usual requirements).

In addition I have 7 paw marks so checked out the shop but all the items are showing the costs as.00 and no button to select/buy an item.

UPDATE
Uninstalled/reinstalled & the achievements and prices of items are now appearing. Just wanted to post in case the same errors happened to someone else, try a reinstall first.

[Post New]by NancySusan on Jul 19, 14 5:16 AM
The only technical problem I've encountered (other than the screen being stretched a bit too much to fill my 23" monitor), is that in HOP's, of which there are a lot, the grasping hand icon won't disappear once a task is completed -- it stays a hand and you can't do anything for several seconds, until the program catches up with itself. This mostly happens with spaces you've had to open to get to the objects inside. You get the objects, but when you close the space or just hover over it and the hand comes back to indicate you can close it up again, pretty frequently it won't change back to the cursor for a while. Not a terrible thing, but kind of frustrating.

TheRealDragon
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by TheRealDragon on Jul 19, 14 11:57 AM
I, too, have lost all my cat's paws. And only for the sin of quitting the game for the night and restarting in the morning. (Also, when I bought the game, all the cats paws I'd collected in the demo disappeared, so I started over . ...)

Also, when I finally delivered the last book to the bookshelf, the owl reappeared in it's original position (as a second owl, the first was still at the top of the ladder, and started asking me for books, again. That stops the game, of course.

Will try reinstalling and post again . . .

Okay, did the reinstall.

Alas, no joy. And I am playing as administrator.

Appears that you can not turn the game off, it will not save properly. And that bit with the owls means I must start over again.

I guess I'll have to wait to play until I can play straight through, without closing the game--ever. And hope the owls like me better this time . . .

Edited on 07/20/2014 at 1:00:20 AM PST

[Post New]by Merlot_1812 on Jul 23, 14 12:20 AM
I downloaded game installed created player no problems but game won't load just says wait game loading have tried many times and waiting for over 30 minutes but nothing have to use task manager to end game. Can someone please help. Im using windows 8

[Post New]by aleta59 on Jul 27, 14 6:31 PM
Am almost 4 hours into the game, and nothing works. Am in the tunnel. Cant read the diary. Cant go forward or backward. Hint wont work. Not about to reinstall at this late date. Seems a shame. Nice game. Several games lately not working right. Just another game to dump that I can't finish.

twinsoniclab
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,464 Posts

[Post New]by twinsoniclab on Jul 28, 14 9:35 PM
Lost my paws, over 50 of them. Started back at 6 of them.
Not that I wanted to buy anything, but I did want to find them all!

[Post New]by philanna3827 on Jul 31, 14 9:52 PM
ganonsbane wrote:
BetsLaw wrote:I played the game for a while and quit. When I came back later to play, all my "little paws" collectibles seem to have disappeared. I had 40 or so and now I am back to one collected. What's up with that?

The same thing happened to me. I had 70 Cat's Paw & quit for the night. When I started playing today, all of them were gone.

I was well into the game, went away, came back a few days later and everything was gone! Had to start all over again! What's up with that??

Go to: