gerl2
Guppy
Guppy
194 Posts

Gifting

[Post New]by gerl2 on Jul 16, 14 12:38 PM
I was just wondering if anybody else has notice a change in their wish list. I usually go down my list to gift so I don't leave anyone out. But lately it has been hard to do this because everyone is asking for the same items. I am low on the items myself. Ex. devils glove, banner of loyalty, glowing darkness or maskof virtue. Most players are at level 31 and understand they are wanting to recoup also. It takes me probably 5 visits to the crypt to get a devils glove. I guess what I am trying to say if people could put a variety on their wish list so that I can give them something. I am not going to give up my devils glove after 5 hours of hard work...

Thank you

guppies56
Clownfish
Clownfish
798 Posts

Re:Gifting

[Post New]by guppies56 on Jul 16, 14 12:49 PM
I think that's a little naughty of them once they've finished the update, I won't give those particular items to anyone on level 31.

I've currently finished the update and only have simple things on my wish list, actually I take that back, two simple things wand and airship item, the third i'm pushing it a bit 'rare food' but it's more of a "if anyone can spare it" rather than 'expect' to be gifted it.

I will however gift these items to those still working through the update.

gerl2
Guppy
Guppy
194 Posts

[Post New]by gerl2 on Jul 16, 14 12:57 PM
Thanks guppies56,

That makes alot more logic and will be doing the same. I will just have to skip some on the list.

rosiebvt
Manatee
Manatee
4,210 Posts

[Post New]by rosiebvt on Jul 16, 14 4:47 PM
I've been having a hard time deciding on this myself. I generally keep simpler items on my list, but they're things I can use, like pet food and airship items. I also put one item needed to open a chest like a murderer's eye because I haven't gotten a single one in a week or more. But, often my friends have things on their list I only have one or two of. I'll always gift someone if they come up in rotation and I have something or can buy it cheaply, but I've been having trouble making progress in places, especially the daily quests. I'm not in a hurry to get anywhere, I'm well into level 30 so no sense in rushing. But, is it unfriendly to skip someone so I can get some very rare pet medallions? I don't play more than 2 or 3 rounds a day so can't restock inventory that quickly.
ETA: What would you suggest to those waiting for an update to put on their lists instead of the generally needed items? It's not fair to them just to stop giving once they get there.

BTW, anybody who's seen my list today knows I have some major items on it. I'm not expecting gifts of those, I'm trying to transfer inventory from one game to another! I got two mechanical hearts this morning before I had a chance to pull it off my list . Thank you to my friends, but it's really not me begging for goodies .
Rose

Edited on 07/16/2014 at 4:49:56 PM PST

FishyFemale
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,174 Posts

[Post New]by FishyFemale on Jul 16, 14 5:57 PM
rosiebvt wrote:
BTW, anybody who's seen my list today knows I have some major items on it. I'm not expecting gifts of those, I'm trying to transfer inventory from one game to another! I got two mechanical hearts this morning before I had a chance to pull it off my list . Thank you to my friends, but it's really not me begging for goodies .
Rose

Yes, I see what you have on your list but that's fine by me since I almost always gift you the unique food since I don't have any pets that need it. I'm lucky to have other friends with unique food on their lists too because it lets me get my five gifts sent out without "taking" anything away from what I need. Best of both worlds as I see it.

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Jul 16, 14 9:06 PM
Some of the items on my wish list are there because of a private agreement. Yes, many of us need the same basic items, now, including those elusive stamps, and it does seem much harder to stockpile these items like we did in the 'old' days. Some do not understand why I am requesting certain items, but I know what I am doing...you don't have to give anything you don't want to, ever. If you don't have what I ask for, or don't want to give any of those, feel free to ignore me, lol. Someone else needs what you have and there will be another day.

What is really irksome, though...in my first game, where I cannot wish or gift I have pages and pages of many multiple items that I have collected since I started the game back in Jan. Yet, I still have trouble getting those same few items, like the murderer's eye, or the runestone, the devil's glove, ect, unless they are specifically for a particular quest from one of the castle folks. And then I only get just enough for that quest. Hard to get the extras for things like crafting or daily quests. And it is a shame that it is so few items needed over and over, when there are so many others we could use, and I have many multiples of. Would that I could share them when needed. I do think that is one of the main reasons doing the hos over and over now are even more boring...I am not getting a variety of items from them, just the same ole ones again and again. And they are NOT the ones I need

Armerige
Guppy
Guppy
123 Posts

[Post New]by Armerige on Jul 17, 14 12:42 AM
WolfenRaindancer wrote:Some of the items on my wish list are there because of a private agreement.
. . . Yet, I still have trouble getting those same few items, like the murderer's eye, or the runestone, the devil's glove, ect, . . .

To look at my list some might say . . . How dare she! But like you say, it's there because of a private agreement. My fear is that someone else trying to be super nice may jump in and send one also.

I don't know if this will help anyone but I have several friends on much lower levels where things like the murder's eye drop in abundance. For a long time I just accepted friends close or at my level. In my head I just thought it was how to play the game - moving along with peers. Then it dawned on me that friends on lower levels would have exactly what I needed. I wish I had known this early in my game playing.

Off topic but I just want to take a quick moment to say there are so many helpful people in this forum who has enhanced my game playing ten fold! --- Many tips from you WolfenRainDancer! Thanks

Happy Gaming!

gerl2
Guppy
Guppy
194 Posts

[Post New]by gerl2 on Jul 17, 14 2:30 AM
Hi Rosie

If everyone was like you I would not had posted this subject. I was the one who gifted you a mechanical heart and was happy too.

ETA: What would you suggest to those waiting for an update to put on their lists instead of the generally needed items? It's not fair to them just to stop giving once they get there.

I have 33 on friends list: 19 are on level 31, I have 13 asking for brown tickets, 19 banner of loyalty, 12 devils glove and 10 mask of virtue.

I cannot possibly gift even one of these because I am low on the items myself. Some have all four hard to get items on their list, some only are requesting only two items but each two are the hard to get items.

I am just saying to mix it up you have four choices. Put a pet food, a ticket, or an airship. Then a hard to get item or two.

I am beginning to believe that people are getting rather greedy, and know people go in order to gift and are expecting these items and have forgotten they are gifts.

Patzy140
Clownfish
Clownfish
528 Posts

[Post New]by Patzy140 on Jul 17, 14 3:33 AM
I agree that people are becoming greedy. I have one who has a Unique Stamp and Unique Food only, and many who have just food or crafted items.

As we are short of the same stuff they must realise that we can't gift those items we too need.

I always have one plain stamp, and one airship item so that friends can collect the thank you cards they need to craft some of the pets, or use them to craft food if they wish.

karatopa
Catfish
Catfish
1,550 Posts

[Post New]by karatopa on Jul 17, 14 3:42 AM
i will always help where i can the way i work it is if someone sends me a gift i try to return straight away if i do not have anything they need i will write them down and keep checking gifting is great when it works and i know some people are experiencing dificulties i keep my friend list small around 40 and try to weed out any not playing to add new ones at the end of the day if i have not used up all my gifts i see who i can help and try to go round in order that way everyone will get one eventually i don't expect gifts but am grateful for them, and if i send to someone who cant send back that's ok too

thistle809
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

Gifting

[Post New]by thistle809 on Jul 17, 14 1:03 PM
gerl2 wrote:I was just wondering if anybody else has notice a change in their wish list. I usually go down my list to gift so I don't leave anyone out. But lately it has been hard to do this because everyone is asking for the same items. I am low on the items myself. Ex. devils glove, banner of loyalty, glowing darkness or maskof virtue. Most players are at level 31 and understand they are wanting to recoup also. It takes me probably 5 visits to the crypt to get a devils glove. I guess what I am trying to say if people could put a variety on their wish list so that I can give them something. I am not going to give up my devils glove after 5 hours of hard work...

Thank you

gerl2 Most players understand that we can only send five gifts each day and not everyone will have something that is on their Wish List; therefore, most of us are quite patient. People put items on their Wish List that they need, not what they think someone has extras of.

By the way, if you are playing the HOS at the Crypt for Devil's Gloves, you will not get one. The Devil's Glove comes from the Game Table in the Tavern.

rosiebvt
Manatee
Manatee
4,210 Posts

Gifting

[Post New]by rosiebvt on Jul 17, 14 4:32 PM
thistle809 wrote:
gerl2 Most players understand that we can only send five gifts each day and not everyone will have something that is on their Wish List; therefore, most of us are quite patient. People put items on their Wish List that they need, not what they think someone has extras of.

By the way, if you are playing the HOS at the Crypt for Devil's Gloves, you will not get one. The Devil's Glove comes from the Game Table in the Tavern.

Also by the way, if you're playing the HOS at the Crypt for Murderer's Eyes, you will probably not get one . I managed to get one with a quest for it, otherwise those bleeping harpy's feathers!

AnnaDownes01
Flounder
Flounder
2,175 Posts

[Post New]by AnnaDownes01 on Jul 17, 14 5:34 PM
A point to remember is that not everyone on level 31 has finished the update. They may still be trying to finish it.

As I have not reached level 31 I do not know what is needed yet.

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Jul 17, 14 7:35 PM
Armerige wrote:[My fear is that someone else trying to be super nice may jump in and send one also."[endquote]

I don't "fear", I just appreciate, lol. Yes, it happens sometimes...I put something on my list that someone else said they would send, and I will get one or two from some one else. I am grateful for any, and all, help that I receive, and try my best to reciprocate.

Another day with missing coin drops, no stamps...just breathe, and move on

Edited on 07/17/2014 at 7:37:13 PM PST

[Post New]by kalgoorliegal on Jul 17, 14 8:05 PM
WRD I have you on my friends list as AM wolfenraindancer, I have been gifting to you but none of these item that you have just mentioned are on the wish list that I have for you, If it is on another one I would be more than happy to gift as I have plenty I have acquired 37 pages of item (yes I have spent truckloads on diamonds) but happy to donate.

Kalgoorliegirl

WolfenRaindancer wrote:Some of the items on my wish list are there because of a private agreement. Yes, many of us need the same basic items, now, including those elusive stamps, and it does seem much harder to stockpile these items like we did in the 'old' days. Some do not understand why I am requesting certain items, but I know what I am doing...you don't have to give anything you don't want to, ever. If you don't have what I ask for, or don't want to give any of those, feel free to ignore me, lol. Someone else needs what you have and there will be another day.

What is really irksome, though...in my first game, where I cannot wish or gift I have pages and pages of many multiple items that I have collected since I started the game back in Jan. Yet, I still have trouble getting those same few items, like the murderer's eye, or the runestone, the devil's glove, ect, unless they are specifically for a particular quest from one of the castle folks. And then I only get just enough for that quest. Hard to get the extras for things like crafting or daily quests. And it is a shame that it is so few items needed over and over, when there are so many others we could use, and I have many multiples of. Would that I could share them when needed. I do think that is one of the main reasons doing the hos over and over now are even more boring...I am not getting a variety of items from them, just the same ole ones again and again. And they are NOT the ones I need

silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Jul 17, 14 8:31 PM
kalgoorliegal,
AM wolfenraindancer id has a social page issue and she can't send or recieve from it. She sent a post a while back to ignore that ID. She is still playing it without the social function (ie without help) so you may see her level go up.

She has another game going with a working social page. You may want to PM her for her id # and see if she wants to friend you on the other ID. She is at Level 26 and I know she could certainly use some help.

Silver Hawk

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Jul 17, 14 10:30 PM
Thank you, Silver...I just pm'd an answer to her about this same thing. I can't do anything with that first game regarding the social page...am surprised that you can still see me, lol, as everything was removed off that page after one of the updates. I just changed avatars on it, and said to myself that I didn't know why I even bothered to do so since as far as I knew I was the only one who could see it. Weird thing...I thought I was totally invisible, lol. I have put the word out so many different times, and I hate to hear that some of you have wasted gifts that I will never see. Short of deleting that whole game, I am helpless to do anything about it. I am trying hard to bring that second game up to the point I have reached on the first game...worked so hard on that first one to get to where I am, and I just can't bring myself to get it rid of it. Having played that one since the beginning, I have soooo much inventory, and usually complete the quests fairly quickly...although the lack of stamps is slowing that down. Anyway, I work on that second game as much as I can trying to bring it up as fast as I can. Moving along well thanks to all of the help I am getting from many of you. I just can't tell y'all enough just how much that means to me. I would have chucked the whole thing without looking back...but here I remain

Am WolfenRainDancer (unable to wish, gift, or even have or be a friend) aka
A Zen Wolfen ( wishing, and gifting, happily along )

Edited on 07/17/2014 at 10:32:46 PM PST

rosiebvt
Manatee
Manatee
4,210 Posts

[Post New]by rosiebvt on Jul 18, 14 6:06 PM
I just got totally freaked out (like, TOTALLY, dudes). I sent my last gift for the day and did alt-tab to go back to my gift list to post it. When I got back, it showed I had gifted every single person on my friends list, except for Just John . I was starting to wonder if I had any inventory left since almost everything was a crafted item. Backed out and went back in and it was only showing the gifts I actually sent. That's enough to give a person palpitations already!

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Jul 18, 14 6:22 PM
rosiebvt wrote:I just got totally freaked out (like, TOTALLY, dudes). I sent my last gift for the day and did alt-tab to go back to my gift list to post it. When I got back, it showed I had gifted every single person on my friends list, except for Just John . I was starting to wonder if I had any inventory left since almost everything was a crafted item. Backed out and went back in and it was only showing the gifts I actually sent. That's enough to give a person palpitations already!

Didn't have anything he wanted? The first time it happened to me, I couldn't breath. It still keeps happening, but now I just sigh.

Go to: