Please post your TECH ISSUES for Nevertales: Shattered Image Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by pondprowler on Jul 19, 14 12:33 AM
A thread for your tech issues!

(Please note: I am not a BFG employee or a tech expert, I'm just posting this thread to help give a place for people having trouble to post their issues. Instead of PMing me with your questions, which I probably can't answer, please POST YOUR ISSUE or questions in this thread!
Thanks!
~pp)

Edited on 07/19/2014 at 9:56:38 AM PST

Guppy
Guppy
142 Posts

Re:Please post your TECH ISSUES for Nevertales: Shattered Image Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by 0161 on Jul 19, 14 12:43 AM
Windows 8.1 Could be a fantastic game . IF ONLY I COULD DOWNLOAD IT!!!!!!

Update: Uninstalled and re installed games app, tried to download and hey, it's worked. Don't understand this as in games app options I've chosen automatic updates since I've been a member.
Big thank to all that have tried to help me, appreciate that.

Edited on 07/19/2014 at 3:47:33 AM PST

catbag8717
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,163 Posts

Re:Please post your TECH ISSUES for Nevertales: Shattered Image Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by catbag8717 on Jul 19, 14 1:02 AM
What is happening when you try to download it?

Guppy
Guppy
142 Posts

[Post New]by 0161 on Jul 19, 14 1:38 AM
catbag8717 wrote:What is happening when you try to download it?

Absolutely nothing is happening!

Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Jul 19, 14 1:42 AM
You are logged in to Big Fish aren't you? If not you won't be able to download the game as it's a Tomorrow's Game Today.

annari24
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by annari24 on Jul 19, 14 2:04 AM
0161 wrote:Windows 8.1 Could be a fantastic game . IF ONLY I COULD DOWNLOAD IT!!!!!!

I have Window 8.1 and it downloaded okay for me

tillybaby
Minnow
Minnow
219 Posts

[Post New]by tillybaby on Jul 19, 14 2:33 AM
I too have windows 8.1 and it downloaded perfectly, I am a BFG member though so get the game a day earlier than non members. Good luck.

Guppy
Guppy
142 Posts

[Post New]by 0161 on Jul 19, 14 3:02 AM
Daxadillion wrote:You are logged in to Big Fish aren't you? If not you won't be able to download the game as it's a Tomorrow's Game Today.

[Post New]by miss_marigold11 on Jul 19, 14 3:07 AM
For some reason the same thing happened to me. Then I noticed that the Big Fish Game Manager was NOT working. The icon was on desktop but would not activate. So I went to control panel and uninstalled the game manager. Then to web site and re-downloaded game manager. Then tried to download the game and it worked fine I don't know why the game manager failed, it did it once before also. It's easy enough to uninstall and re-install so maybe that will work for you. Computers are so quirky and seem to have minds of their own on occasion. Good luck.
Oh, I also have widows 8

Guppy
Guppy
142 Posts

[Post New]by 0161 on Jul 19, 14 3:50 AM
miss_marigold11 wrote:For some reason the same thing happened to me. Then I noticed that the Big Fish Game Manager was NOT working. The icon was on desktop but would not activate. So I went to control panel and uninstalled the game manager. Then to web site and re-downloaded game manager. Then tried to download the game and it worked fine I don't know why the game manager failed, it did it once before also. It's easy enough to uninstall and re-install so maybe that will work for you. Computers are so quirky and seem to have minds of their own on occasion. Good luck.
Oh, I also have widows 8

Yip you're not wrong! They do have a mind of their own, have done as you advised and yeah, it worked.

[Post New]by miss_marigold11 on Jul 19, 14 4:06 AM
GREAT

OAPPAT
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by OAPPAT on Jul 19, 14 8:41 AM
Hi everybody - I beta tested this game and gave it a glowing report, just my sort of game so was thrilled when I saw it appear today - I was so disappointed as it chugged and stopped through all the cut scenes until I finally gave up

I nearly always have problems with this developer and thought that this time it would be ok - I am glad that I didnt go ahead and buy straightaway

Any ideas on what causes some games to play and others not

[Post New]by saltlife on Jul 19, 14 8:53 AM
I have not been able to play any games by this developer. I can downlaod but when I go to play it shuts down due to DEP (data execution prevention).???? any suggestions?

bfgWendwater
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,911 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWendwater on Jul 19, 14 9:55 AM
Hey there Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

read61
Salmon
Salmon
2,775 Posts

[Post New]by read61 on Jul 19, 14 10:27 AM
So far I have only one concern; right after Pierre falls down the hole I was kicked out of the game. I went right back in and everything was fine but it just makes me a little nervous about any other problems (which will no doubt appear after I have purchased the game and am near the end). It would be nice if someone would actually test the entire game before it gets released. A beta trial is fine but only a very small portion of the game is included in it. My problems always seem to appear when the game is almost finished - very frustrating.

Poof11
Clownfish
Clownfish
503 Posts

[Post New]by Poof11 on Jul 19, 14 10:34 AM
Saltlife, I found this at the Microsoft site by doing a search for DEP. It is a little long but I hope it helps.

This behavior occurs because Microsoft Windows XP SP2 uses the Data Execution Prevention (DEP) feature to help prevent damage from viruses and from other security threats.
DEP works alone or with compatible microprocessors to mark some memory locations as "non-executable." If a program tries to run code from a protected location, DEP closes the program and notifies you, whether the code is malicious or not.
If your computer is set to apply DEP to all programs and services, the DEP error message will have a Change Settings button. If an update to the program is not available, follow these steps to add an exception for the program from the DEP error message: 1.When you receive the error message that is mentioned in the "Symptoms" section, click Change Settings.
2.Click to select the check box next to the program, and then click Apply.
3.When you are prompted to restart your computer, click OK two times, and then restart your system.
You can also add an exception for the program by using System Properties in Control Panel. To do this, follow these steps:1.Click Start, click Run, type sysdm.cpl, and then click OK.
2.Click the Advanced tab, click Performance, and then click Settings.
3.In Performance Options, click the Data Execution Prevention tab, and then click Add.
4.In the Open dialog box, locate and then click the program.
5.Click Open, click Apply, and then click OK. When you are prompted to restart your computer, click OK.

Poof11
Clownfish
Clownfish
503 Posts

[Post New]by Poof11 on Jul 19, 14 10:36 AM
DEP info continued:

If your computer is configured to turn on DEP for essential Windows programs and services only, the Change Settings button will not be available from the DEP error message.
You can view the DEP configuration for your computer in System in Control Panel. To do this, follow these steps:1.Click Start, click Run, type sysdm.cpl, and then click OK.
2.Click the Advanced tab, and then under Performance, click Settings.
3.In the Performance Options dialog box, click the Data Execution Prevention tab.
4.Note if Turn on DEP for essential Windows programs and services only or Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select: is selected.
When your computer is configured to turn on DEP for essential Windows programs and services only, you cannot add an exception for a program. This is the behavior that is by design in Windows XP SP2.
If your computer is configured to turn on DEP for essential Windows programs and services only, and the DEP error message continues to appear, a program may be installed that extends Window.

geninfo4
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by geninfo4 on Jul 19, 14 10:47 AM
re nevertales, the game paused @ magic carpet! cut scene stalled. had to ctrl, esc etc. to get out of game,,,,,,,,,,, this is a glitch.......... have windows 8 also, downloaded fast with no problems until this. anyone else???

[Post New]by saltlife on Jul 19, 14 11:24 AM
Poof11....wow!! THANK YOU!!

bfgWendwater
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,911 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWendwater on Jul 19, 14 1:49 PM
Hey saltlife,

I'm very sorry to hear about that DEP error and thank you for posting that information Poof11.

If you continue having these problems, please feel free to contact our Tech Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report. One of our Reps can give you specialized support to troubleshoot this issue for you to figure out what's going on.

The same goes for anyone else experiencing issues with the game. I hope this helps!

bfgWendwater

Go to: