morphing objects

[Post New]by oceanwaves29 on Jul 19, 14 7:23 AM
I have done 2 of the HOPs and have not found a morpher yet. I'm usually the queen of morphers! Anybody else have the same problem?

Tiger2010
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,624 Posts

Re:morphing objects

[Post New]by Tiger2010 on Jul 19, 14 8:00 AM
Hi Oceanwaves29

I didn't even realise there were morphs in the HOPs until I came across one by chance. I am now in the Nautilus and have found two in total. Both times it was in the HOPs that had an item you needed to assemble at the end so they may only be in those type of HOPs?

Perhaps all will become apparent when we have access to the re-playable HOPs in the Extras menu. Mad Head can be a bit sneaky like that.

[Post New]by oceanwaves29 on Jul 19, 14 8:39 AM
Thanks Tiger I guess I'll buy it and hope they are there. It's a good game otherwise.

[Post New]by hookedonHOG on Jul 19, 14 9:43 AM
There are morphs in all HO games but hard to find the SG doesn't show you where they are you just have to wait until they appear but if you wait and do the extras where you try to get three stars you can take all the time you want and find them

Tiger2010
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,624 Posts

[Post New]by Tiger2010 on Jul 19, 14 9:51 AM
You're welcome, Oceanwaves29 and thank you for clarifying, HookedonHOG. I love this game. Like a good book, I can't put this one down.

CiChDa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,972 Posts

[Post New]by CiChDa on Jul 19, 14 11:30 AM
If you look by the doll house, in that circle it tells you that either you find the collectable or a morph. It then tells you that you found one. The image will change to a rotating circle for the morph, and for the collectable it is a stained glass looking thing.
I hope I made sense....pay attention to that circle in you bottom left corner by the doll house.

Ci

Edited on 07/19/2014 at 11:31:18 AM PST

Tiger2010
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,624 Posts

[Post New]by Tiger2010 on Jul 19, 14 11:42 AM
Many thanks, CiChDa. Yes, you make perfect sense. I got it about the collectibles, but totally overlooked it for the morphs. I think I need glasses!

Oh, well - more fun replaying this one again in future to get all morphs.

I'm almost at the end of the main game and determined to finish everything this Mad Head game has to offer tonight.

Sprattie
Herring
Herring
315 Posts

[Post New]by Sprattie on Jul 19, 14 6:40 PM
Hi Tiger2010, you don't have to replay the whole game to get the morphs - this developer lets you replay the HOPs immediately (they're in the extras gallery), and you can find the morphing objects then. If this is like MH's other games, you will also be able to find the rest of your collectibles throughout the game after the bonus gamel. That's one of the reasons I really love these devs, you can complete the game "completely" without replaying.

Unless you want to, of course!

Edited on 07/19/2014 at 7:28:06 PM PST

Tiger2010
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,624 Posts

[Post New]by Tiger2010 on Jul 20, 14 12:51 AM
Thanks, Sprattie. That's what I'll do then. I also love Mad Head Games for the reasons you mention. They just always give you so much more than others.

Happy Gaming!

tookat
Flounder
Flounder
2,099 Posts

[Post New]by tookat on Jul 20, 14 1:02 AM
Mad Head has set it up so that each HOP is available for replay in the Extras area as soon as you have played it in the game....so, if I haven't found the morpher while playing in the game, I immediately exit and replay the HOP.....it has been pretty good for getting a nice score too.

I think they have made finding the Morphers in the HOPs a lot harder this time....just as the puzzle pieces are relatively easy to find.

Janie42
Clownfish
Clownfish
598 Posts

[Post New]by Janie42 on Jul 20, 14 8:13 PM
tookat wrote:... I think they have made finding the Morphers in the HOPs a lot harder this time....just as the puzzle pieces are relatively easy to find.

I agree! For me those morphs are crazy hard to find; and since I don't enjoy at all collecting them anyhow (yet hate not to otherwise be able to go for all achievements), it's a drag morph locations aren't in the StratGuide IMHO.

purplecat8
Clownfish
Clownfish
535 Posts

[Post New]by purplecat8 on Jul 21, 14 8:08 AM
tookat wrote:Mad Head has set it up so that each HOP is available for replay in the Extras area as soon as you have played it in the game....so, if I haven't found the morpher while playing in the game, I immediately exit and replay the HOP.....it has been pretty good for getting a nice score too.

I think they have made finding the Morphers in the HOPs a lot harder this time....just as the puzzle pieces are relatively easy to find.

I'm beginning to wonder if the Mac version of the game is radically different from the PC version. In my extras, the only game I have the option of replaying is tower defense. I'm still trying to figure out how to find any of the collectibles to start the treasure hunt and open the hidden chapter.

[Post New]by CherylParker on Jul 22, 14 8:42 PM
Since I don't know how to make my writing invisible where other fish can highlight what I wrote. I am going to go ahead and say SPOILER ALERT. For anyone who does not want to know what the morphing objects are do not read any further.

I am going to write down the morphing objects in the HOP's as I came across them in the game. Like 1. will be the first HOP in the game and so on.
I don't remember where they were. But at least you will have an idea what to look for.

1. Leaf/ Feather
2. Golf Ball/ Pinecone
3. Tin Can/ Flask
4. Compass/ Locket (it looks like a locket to me)
5. Anchor/ Sailor Cap
6. Crab/ Sextant
7. Comb/ Heart
8. Bell/ Jingle Bell
9. Gold Egg/ Padlock
10. 2 Dolls/ Salt & Pepper Shakers
11. Feather/ Locket (I think it's a feather, can't read my own writing. Sorry!
12. Leaf/ Acorn
13. Snail/ Butterfly
14. Skelton Hand/ Glove
15. Pipe/ Key (I remember that is in the upper left corner)
16. Arrow/ Boat (Those are yellow and are on a sailor cap on the upper right side)
17. Caterpillar?/ Peanut (I have no idea what that white thing is. But there are two of them. The bottom one morphs into a peanut)
Does anyone know what that is supposed to be?

Good Luck Everyone. Hope this helps!

Edited on 07/22/2014 at 10:24:47 PM PST

[Post New]by CherylParker on Jul 22, 14 8:58 PM
purplecat8, I don't know if this will help but in the extras there is a book on the upper left called Gallery. That is where you can find the HOP's.
And on the right under the Tower Defense Game, there is a picture of Belle Alice and Pierre called Travelers where you have to put a puzzle together in order to do the treasure hunt. If you haven't gotten all the collectibles you can get them by clicking on the round thing that is not colored and it will bring you to the location where you missed the collectible. If I'm not mistaken you can only open this after you finish the game and the bonus chapter.
Hope this helps!

Edited on 07/22/2014 at 9:06:13 PM PST

tookat
Flounder
Flounder
2,099 Posts

[Post New]by tookat on Jul 23, 14 12:51 PM
Cheryl Parker...Hiya hun!

Here is how we make the majik invisible writing.
Go back and select the text you want to hide.....and select "text color"
Color your selected text white.
White text on a white background is invisible until you highlight it!

I ALWAYS do a preview to make sure I did not goof up.

So, here is an invisible message for Cheryl that anyone can read if they highlight it.
Cheryl Parker, you are a sweetheart for posting a list of where all the Morphers in the HOPs are!
Yay!

Janie42
Clownfish
Clownfish
598 Posts

[Post New]by Janie42 on Jul 23, 14 7:13 PM
Thank you, CherylParker !
Your list of HO Morphs is awesome -- very generous of you to post it!

bfgVaiya
Salmon
Salmon
2,557 Posts

[Post New]by bfgVaiya on Jul 24, 14 9:04 AM
Hey CherylParker

Thanks for posting that list for the morphing objects! That's going to go a long way in helping players find them.

Keep up the great work!

bfgVaiya

[Post New]by CherylParker on Jul 26, 14 10:31 PM
Just seeing if I can hide my writing.
Thanks tookat. It's nice to have someone explain this to me!

tookat
Flounder
Flounder
2,099 Posts

[Post New]by tookat on Jul 27, 14 5:16 PM
CherylParker wrote:Just seeing if I can hide my writing.
Thanks tookat. It's nice to have someone explain this to me!

You are welcome Cheryl
Hopefully it will prevent someone from accidently reading a spoiler, and there are so many new folks in the forums.
I haven't seen so much "shouting" in a long time.....but figure the folks using all caps don't know it is considered a forum no-no.

VickiS531
Guppy
Guppy
179 Posts

[Post New]by VickiS531 on Nov 12, 14 5:12 PM
re: Cheryl's helpful list of morphs, item 11 is definitely a pendant, its on the far right side of the 2nd shelf.

Thanks for that list Cheryl!

Go to: