shera156
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

Clam shells

[Post New]by shera156 on Jul 19, 14 9:23 AM
Having a problem. XYZ - any thoughts on how they should be placed? Thanks.

Tiger2010
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,624 Posts

Re:Clam shells

[Post New]by Tiger2010 on Jul 19, 14 9:34 AM
Where exactly are you, shera156? I can think of two areas with clam shell puzzles.

Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Jul 19, 14 10:14 AM
The lions' mouth - one has only one tooth and the other has both teeth.

Edited on 07/19/2014 at 10:15:11 AM PST

Tiger2010
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,624 Posts

[Post New]by Tiger2010 on Jul 19, 14 10:24 AM
SPOILER AHEAD

Ah, that one. Yes, you need to stamp two of your shells at the lion that has two teeth and two shells at the other one so they have one each. Then place them on that door accordingly with the 'unstamped' ones in the spaces that don't have holes in them.

Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Jul 19, 14 11:23 AM
@Tiger 2010 - Personally I don't think it is fair to give out all the details of how to solve a puzzle, as I think most people would prefer a hint only. PMs are available for that.

Please don't hijack another one of my posts unless quite a few fishes are still not sure about how to solve that particular puzzle especially as this game was only released today.

Please don't take offence as I mean none, I love these games as they "keep me on my toes" but I would not want to be hand-held at every single stage when I ask a question in the forums as it defeats the object of trying to solving them on your own.

xx

Tiger2010
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,624 Posts

[Post New]by Tiger2010 on Jul 19, 14 11:56 AM
Hi Daxadillion,

No offense taken, my dear. I really did not mean to hijack your reply. I did not realise you were giving an answer. I thought you were referring to the area that Shera156 was having problems with. She does refer to how to place them so that was my answer.

If you put SPOILER AHEAD at the top of a post it's my understanding that it's then perfectly acceptable to give a direct answer to a direct question in a help thread. We have been doing so for years.

Again, I'm sorry if you felt I trod on your post. It wasn't the intention at all.

Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Jul 19, 14 12:37 PM
Hi Tiger2010

No worries. I don't like giving a full answer to questions as I believe a hint is all that's required, after all we play these games so that we can solve them - don't we?

I prefer to give a hint (not a spoiler alert) as opposed to a full explanation because I think the player will feel better at having solved the puzzle "almost" on their own rather than them being hand-held in a walk through.

I have recently put out spoiler alerts on other games but not this one as I felt a "little hint" would be enough to get the player through that stage.

I have been a Big Fish member since August 2008 but only recently noticed there were forums that can help me. I am an oldie and struggle with my grandchildren wanting me to appear on facebook or something called twitter. I firmly belieive in giving hints as opposed to full answers when I see a post asking for help.

For an example in my real life, grandaughter no:1 wanted to know where she was supposed to go to wash the dishes, this time round she did not get a hint, she was directed straight towards the kitchen sink.

Tiger2010
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,624 Posts

[Post New]by Tiger2010 on Jul 19, 14 1:25 PM
Hi Daxadillion

Honestly, please don't worry. There is no problem at all. I think we're just both approaching this from different angles. It's food for thought, though, and I'll look at what I usually say and perhaps tone it down a bit or grey it out and give instructions to newbies to highlight to read.

I'm with you on the not wanting to do FaceBook or Twitter. This is the only place I've ever talked, 'helped' and played the Word Games back in the day. I think any other social media would have had me fit for the asylum in Escape from Ravenhearst by now. I take things to heart far too much.

Anyway, you take care.

And, Shera156, I'm so sorry that this got diverted and off topic.

Go to: