jdlane32
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

Deja Vu?

[Post New]by jdlane32 on Jul 19, 14 4:35 PM
I played and enjoyed the game. It all seemed new to me until I reached the creepy doctor. I know I've played that portion before. I remember the doctor, having to deactivate all the hands, even the nurse without clothing. Nothing before or after seemed familiar but that portion was definitely in a game. Has this game been released before under a different name? Or did the developers just put that portion into a new game? Has anyone else run into something like this before?

bfgVaiya
Salmon
Salmon
2,557 Posts

Re:Deja Vu?

[Post New]by bfgVaiya on Jul 20, 14 10:07 AM
Hey jdlane32

It sounds like you may have played the beta test version of the game, which would have been available before it was released. Usually these beta versions are released to a select few Big Fish Game Club members before they're available to everyone, and this can sometimes be months before the game actually comes out.

Looks like you were one of the lucky ones who got to have a sneak peak at the game! If you'd like to know more about the Sneak Peak Beta Program, you can check out the help article below:

Sneak Peek Beta Program

I hope this helps!

bfgVaiya

ganonsbane
Catfish
Catfish
1,595 Posts

[Post New]by ganonsbane on Jul 20, 14 12:48 PM
The Doctor, in this game, is too close to the end of the game to have been in the Beta Test. I remember another game with a Doctor who had his arms detached. I just can't remember which game. There a lots of games with Insane Doctors.

Edited on 07/20/2014 at 12:52:08 PM PST

jdlane32
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by jdlane32 on Jul 21, 14 7:24 PM
BfgVaiya, it really wasn't a Beta, but I appreciate the response. The entire sequence, with the finger shaking when you got too close, was in a different game. I have played a few betas, but they almost always start at the beginning of the game, as Ganonsbane mentioned. It will drive me crazy, and it's unlikely I'll find the game as I have hundreds of them, but if I do, I'll repost with that name. The only clue would be that it certainly would be the same developer, so that should limit my search. In any case, I did enjoy the game, and it's always nice to see an SE that I can use a coupon on.

[Post New]by CherylParker on Aug 3, 14 9:11 PM
Hi jdlane32
I also remember a doctor with extra hands. Could it have been one of the Haunted Halls games?
Although I don't remember the nurse with no clothes. I do remember the doctor.
I also have played so many games that I just can't remember. But I think Haunted Halls was the doctor with the tentacles.
Sorry I thought for a moment that Haunted Halls was the game. But I remember he had tentacles.
Again I'm sorry. This is going to drive me crazy!
If any out there know can you please let us know?
Thanks!!!

ganonsbane
Catfish
Catfish
1,595 Posts

[Post New]by ganonsbane on Aug 4, 14 10:33 AM
When I read this post, the thing 1st that popped into my mind was "Green Hills Sanitarium". That's the 1st game in the "Haunted Halls" series. The only other game in the series that I have is "Fears From Childhood".

The next most likely possibility that I can think of is one of "The Agency of Anomalies" series.

[Post New]by CherylParker on Aug 7, 14 5:30 PM
Thanks ganonsbane. I forgot all about The Agency of Anomalies.
I really don't think it was doctor in Haunted Halls. I have all of the series and it's the same creepy doctor with tentacles for his legs in the whole series. I can't remember what his hands looked liked. But like you that was the first thing that popped into my mind too.

When I finish the game I'm playing maybe I'll reinstall the Haunted Halls And The Agency of Anomalies just to satisfy my curiosity. Sometimes I get lazy and I'll start a new game. Then I'll forget that I wanted to find something out in the first place.

Go to: