virginiabreeze
Guppy
Guppy
119 Posts

Auction Quests Repeating If Expired?

[Post New]by virginiabreeze on Jul 19, 14 6:04 PM
Recently I received the daily quest to win the technical writer at auction. I did not win the auction, so the quest expired. The same quest popped back up today, and between the prices of the item and basic goodwill towards my fellow bidders, it will expire again.

Has anyone else noticed this? Will I see this quest again and again? I hate to think I may have in the future constant daily quests to bid and win the Haiga Sophia photo.

ChestnutHeights
Salmon
Salmon
2,542 Posts

Re:Auction Quests Repeating If Expired?

[Post New]by ChestnutHeights on Jul 19, 14 6:46 PM
So far for me, all the auction quests have been for different items. I'm just counting the days for these to end..

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Jul 19, 14 7:46 PM
Yep, VB... I have had a couple I skipped pop back up again. They promptly expired again; some of them are just not worth trying to fulfill.

At least the H Sophia is easy to get it is so worthless.

Edited on 07/19/2014 at 7:52:56 PM PST

awalkinglady
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,341 Posts

[Post New]by awalkinglady on Jul 20, 14 4:35 AM
Wishing these expired quests would simply fade off into the sunset. My daily quest yesterday was for the London Bridge photo.......minimum bids are for 60,000 coins. Not an amount I would ever consider paying just to complete a daily quest!

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Jul 20, 14 6:35 AM
awalkinglady wrote:Wishing these expired quests would simply fade off into the sunset. My daily quest yesterday was for the London Bridge photo.......minimum bids are for 60,000 coins. Not an amount I would ever consider paying just to complete a daily quest!

Once that London Bridge picture does appear it too will be fairly worthless, like G.W Carver; but perhaps even less worth - I know I need another 12 brick!

Mrssfox
Herring
Herring
351 Posts

[Post New]by Mrssfox on Jul 20, 14 8:36 AM
It's worth is:
100XP
120Coin
1 Star

Then either it takes up space in the collectibles, or the bricks take up space in the materials - you choose.

Mrssfox
Herring
Herring
351 Posts

[Post New]by Mrssfox on Jul 20, 14 8:37 AM
Like fruitcake in the freezer

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Jul 20, 14 8:40 AM
Mrssfox wrote:Like fruitcake in the freezer

HAHAHHAHAHAHHAHA Once edible brick!

Mrssfox
Herring
Herring
351 Posts

[Post New]by Mrssfox on Jul 20, 14 8:44 AM
Really, I think that if they wanted us to take these Daily Quests seriously, they would have a much better reward for the harder things - you would think they would know since it's in their programming, that the items "not found" in regular game play would have a higher value and the reward would increase accordingly.

Another thing on the long, long, long, long wish list

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Jul 20, 14 9:39 AM
While this is a completely subjective opinion - I have never gotten the impression that BZ is the least bit concerned with the distribution of collectibles in scenes and mini-games. From comments made on their forum, I also suspect that their list of items is not related to how they actually appear; so glitch filled?

I have been told that the Columbus Day stamp is appearing for some since the 6/17 update, in all modes. Monica said it is suppose to be rare. Yet, I don't get any at all - not complaining because I don't need them. Three totally difference expected outcomes - go figure.

Since these items are the axial to the whole game - you would think they would fix this first. I don't think they have any real idea how it all plays out.

Edited on 07/20/2014 at 9:43:04 AM PST

Go to: