Sharing tips

 

Sharing tips

[Post New]by HorseDancer1 on Jul 20, 14 7:04 AM
Hi, I am level 234 and STILL discovering new things about this game. In a comment on another link, I shared information and another player that had been playing for a year thanked me as they had not discovered that yet. So I am hoping others will share their discoveries here.

My tip was about leveling up. If you are all out of energy and you level up on Amicus Island from their quests you do not loose energy points, the quest reward points not needed to level up are just added to your energy.

Another thing I have discovered is to save power whacks for the highest level monster. That seems to have the greater number of benefits.

I am still struggling with which type of companion works the best and have been alternating between one that adds mana, one that helps find quest items, one for puzzle pieces and one that reduces the amount of "nothing" that I get. I don't see an appreciable difference though.

I did start getting into rune making and made a 10% puzzle finding rune. That seemed to help at first and then not so much???

Happy Whacking everyone!

Edited on 07/07/2015 at 11:08:33 AM PST


 
dinsb01
Lobster
Lobster
87 Posts

Re:Sharing tips

[Post New]by dinsb01 on Jul 20, 14 8:25 PM
These are just some things I wish I'd learned a lot sooner than I did:

You are limited to 5 small energy packs, so it's use-them-or-lose-them time. You get more every 24 or so hours (not exactly sure of the timing, but I know it's more than the standard BuhsWhacker 20-hour day).

You are also limited to 25 large energy packs and 200 Amicus Island tokens. Earn any more and they don't count .


 

Re:Sharing tips

[Post New]by HorseDancer1 on Jul 21, 14 6:29 AM
Thanks dinsbo1 I checked when I used the small energy packs and it said it would refill in 18 hours and (I forgot already) minutes. Probably 19 hours total.

I would love to be able to acquire a large energy pack that refilled!

When I first started playing, I was so disappointed when they totally disappeared after use.

That is a good tip about the island tokens. I was using them at the casino then the new pet store opened, and you get credit for unusual companions. So now I am saving them for a poot!

 
imApestToo
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

Re:Sharing tips

[Post New]by imApestToo on Jul 21, 14 7:32 AM
is your refill time lessening as you level up? so far i don't that is so or my time of being less than 24 hours is not that far advanced at lvl 60

I find that on power whacks that i don't usually let them get to max or close to max because if i do i am more likely to get a nothing

i also try and use a power after mana hoping for a critter as you have the ability to get 2 items but often counting the bushes for a whack

using mana only when you don't have a special item that power and mana whacks don't work on so you maximize the # of bushes the mana hits

 
kittychix
Minnow
Minnow
258 Posts

Re:Sharing tips

[Post New]by kittychix on Jul 21, 14 9:20 AM
imApestToo wrote:is your refill time lessening as you level up? so far i don't that is so or my time of being less than 24 hours is not that far advanced at lvl 60


There are special trinkets (one equipped at a time), which sit in special slots with a different coloured outline around them, and are normally in some way related to sugar. You can purchase them from vendors as you discover them through out the world, so just keep playing and you'll eventually find them!

 

Re:Sharing tips

[Post New]by HorseDancer1 on Jul 21, 14 11:18 AM
Oh, I forgot about my energy regeneration trinkets. I knew they charge up your energy faster, but I did not realize that it effects the power packs, too.

I have Soda pop (increases energy 6 per tick) and a wrist watch (decreases time between energy regeneration ticks by 170 seconds) So I guess that is why we don't match.

You can check to see what you have here.

http://bushwhacker2.wikia.com/wiki/Energy_Trinkets

 

Re:Sharing tips

[Post New]by HorseDancer1 on Jul 21, 14 11:21 AM
imApestToo wrote:i
I find that on power whacks that i don't usually let them get to max or close to max because if i do i am more likely to get a nothing



I find that, too. Devious developers! And I don't ever remember getting more than one puzzle piece with a power whack!

 
imApestToo
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

Re:Sharing tips

[Post New]by imApestToo on Jul 21, 14 1:00 PM
kittychix wrote:
imApestToo wrote:is your refill time lessening as you level up? so far i don't that is so or my time of being less than 24 hours is not that far advanced at lvl 60


There are special trinkets (one equipped at a time), which sit in special slots with a different coloured outline around them, and are normally in some way related to sugar. You can purchase them from vendors as you discover them through out the world, so just keep playing and you'll eventually find them!



oo ic! don't think i am to those lvls yet

 
dinsb01
Lobster
Lobster
87 Posts

Re:Sharing tips

[Post New]by dinsb01 on Jul 21, 14 1:45 PM
HorseDancer1 wrote:I checked when I used the small energy packs and it said it would refill in 18 hours and (I forgot already) minutes. Probably 19 hours total.


I got one message that said they would refill in 22+ hours, so I'm guessing 24 hours. I just try to be sure to use them every day so they don't get wasted as they did when I started.

I'm saving up for a Poot, too. Seems little like some bizarre animal sacrifice, though, since I'll be selling it for DNA (sigh). This brings up another question: the little man gives you more for leveled up pets. Does anyone know how that breaks down -- how high a level you have to reach to receive a better payout?

 

Re:Sharing tips

[Post New]by HorseDancer1 on Jul 21, 14 7:14 PM
dinsb01 wrote:

I'm saving up for a Poot, too. Seems little like some bizarre animal sacrifice, though, since I'll be selling it for DNA (sigh). This brings up another question: the little man gives you more for leveled up pets. Does anyone know how that breaks down -- how high a level you have to reach to receive a better payout?


I don't remember anything about the levels and payouts. Wiki doesn't have anything much there either: http://bushwhacker2.wikia.com/wiki/Companions/Pet_Augmentation%28PAGAS%29

I wanted the Poot because you get points for unique pets. You get a level 20 pet treat when you have 40 Unique pets. I have 39 of the 40, and don't want to turn any in until I get the treat!

I haven't figured out if it is beneficial to keep the ones you don't need after getting the treat though!

Happy Whacking!

 
Chevalis
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

Sharing tips

[Post New]by Chevalis on Jul 21, 14 11:00 PM
HorseDancer1 wrote:Hi, I am level 234 and STILL discovering new things about this game. In a comment on another link, I shared information and another player that had been playing for a year thanked me as they had not discovered that yet. So I am hoping others will share their discoveries here.

My tip was about leveling up. If you are all out of energy and you level up on Amicus Island from their quests you do not loose energy points, the quest reward points not needed to level up are just added to your energy.

Another thing I have discovered is to save power whacks for the highest level monster. That seems to have the greater number of benefits.

I am still struggling with which type of companion works the best and have been alternating between one that adds mana, one that helps find quest items, one for puzzle pieces and one that reduces the amount of "nothing" that I get. I don't see an appreciable difference though.

I did start getting into rune making and made a 10% puzzle finding rune. That seemed to help at first and then not so much???

Happy Whacking everyone!


Dancer,

I've posted a primer on Alchemy here on the forums. Also I can answer most PAGAS questions though I have never complete gotten rid of any one pet. I keep 2 of most satchel egg pets so I don't get them in eggs again.... I'm almost at 70 unique pets so soon to unlock Ultra mods.

Let me know if you have any questions.

 

Re:Sharing tips

[Post New]by HorseDancer1 on Jul 22, 14 5:44 AM
I've posted a primer on Alchemy here on the forums. Also I can answer most PAGAS questions though I have never complete gotten rid of any one pet. I keep 2 of most satchel egg pets so I don't get them in eggs again.... I'm almost at 70 unique pets so soon to unlock Ultra mods.


Thanks so much Chevalis, I will check it out. I did not know that keeping 2 eggs in inventory would keep you from getting another of the same type. I was getting them, turning them in, and not hatching them to get more points to level up.

 
imApestToo
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

Re:Sharing tips

[Post New]by imApestToo on Jul 22, 14 1:01 PM
I thought you had to turn in eggs as soon as you found one !

How do we find your alchemy tutorial

 
imApestToo
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

Re:Sharing tips

[Post New]by imApestToo on Jul 22, 14 2:59 PM
found it !!

EDIT: ugh hard to follow since i don't know much of what you are talking about and so much idle chatter!!!! got a step 1 step 2 step 3?......

Edited on 07/22/2014 at 3:06:35 PM PST


 
Chevalis
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

Re:Sharing tips

[Post New]by Chevalis on Jul 23, 14 8:32 AM
imApestToo wrote:found it !!

EDIT: ugh hard to follow since i don't know much of what you are talking about and so much idle chatter!!!! got a step 1 step 2 step 3?......


I'll try to make one of those if I get some spare time... Right now busy with life but I'll write one.

 
Dinga2008
Guppy
Guppy
136 Posts

Re:Sharing tips

[Post New]by Dinga2008 on Jul 24, 14 9:06 AM
I was wondering when the next event was going drop; checked last year's events wiki and saw that the Summer Carnival came to town on July 26 - so we should expect the carnival in a few days.

To prepare, I'm holding off on turning in AI tokens for energy, saving my bushbucks, making sure I have enough gems and gold to buy fruit baskets, and will hold off using energy packs. I've crafted a quest rune that I will socket when the event starts and have equipped my quest companion.

Hopefully, this will aid in getting carnival tickets and quest items to ensure winning the grand prize. Any additional tips to enjoying the carnival are welcome.

See you at the carnival!

 
imApestToo
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

Re:Sharing tips

[Post New]by imApestToo on Jul 24, 14 9:47 AM
it may be a simple thing but i only use the cheapest bait when doing the fishing missions

 
imApestToo
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

Re:Sharing tips

[Post New]by imApestToo on Jul 24, 14 9:52 AM
Chevalis wrote:
imApestToo wrote:found it !!

EDIT: ugh hard to follow since i don't know much of what you are talking about and so much idle chatter!!!! got a step 1 step 2 step 3?......


I'll try to make one of those if I get some spare time... Right now busy with life but I'll write one.


Thanks! i am reading and re reading as i go along - part of the fun trial and error!

 
imApestToo
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

Re:Sharing tips

[Post New]by imApestToo on Jul 24, 14 2:36 PM
See you at the carnival! -- Dinga2008

wOOt!! see you there! Last one there misses out on the cotton candy and caramel apples!



 

Re:Sharing tips

[Post New]by HorseDancer1 on Jul 25, 14 10:15 AM
Great! The carnival was lots of fun.

And with fishing, when you have to get "fish up kelp", etc. I just use the cheap bait, too.

 
 
 
 
Go to: