Expert levels harder than previous games?

[Post New]by OrionsRose on Jul 20, 14 12:07 PM
The Royal Envoy series is one of my top favorites and I'd say I'm pretty good at them. While it's definitely a challenge I've never had too much trouble with all the expert levels until now. This time around I'm nearly pulling my hair out some of them are so hard and frustrating. Is anyone else finding them tougher than usual? I'm not really having much fun anymore and for the very first time I'm considering not completing the game.
Add to that half my clicks don't seem to work so the timing is always getting messed up. Maybe that's a tech issue as none of the previous games had a problem (and I just completed Campaign for the Crown so I know it's not me or my mouse) but it's sure adding to the annoyance factor.

*Note to devs* A challnge is nice but these games are supposed to be fun!

hraili
Clownfish
Clownfish
551 Posts

Re:Expert levels harder than previous games?

[Post New]by hraili on Jul 23, 14 6:31 AM
DITTO!
I quite agree

Syndalee
Guppy
Guppy
152 Posts

[Post New]by Syndalee on Aug 25, 14 1:42 PM
They certainly feel a bit tougher to me, as well. Don't remember re-doing so many before.

sharonatoo
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by sharonatoo on Aug 26, 14 8:06 AM
I was going to post that I thought they were easier, but maybe I am not as far as you guys. I am only beginning at level 48 now.

[Post New]by witch8poo on Sep 8, 14 9:52 AM
Yes, I agree . . . .and the walkthrough doesn't cover all the levels????

sharonatoo
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by sharonatoo on Oct 6, 14 5:02 AM
Ok - now that I have completed all the normal levels, I am finding the expert levels, again beginning at level 48 becoming harder to beat. I also for the first time am beginning to think I might not be able to complete all the expert levels with three stars. I did think thay they were not that difficult on the normal setting.

hraili
Clownfish
Clownfish
551 Posts

[Post New]by hraili on Oct 6, 14 10:45 AM
sharonatoo wrote:Ok - now that I have completed all the normal levels, I am finding the expert levels, again beginning at level 48 becoming harder to beat. I also for the first time am beginning to think I might not be able to complete all the expert levels with three stars. I did think thay they were not that difficult on the normal setting.

This is how I got 3 stars on level 48:

Start with paying the top-left pirate. From his chest you get resources to repair the bridge, to build a bank and after you cleared the large rocks build 4 cabins.

Second pirate to be payed, is the top-right one. In his chest is food for the glutton.
Clear the large rock and build cabins.

After that it doesn't really matter in which order you pay and open the chests.

Go to: