twinsoniclab
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,464 Posts

I guess these are only one player games?

[Post New]by twinsoniclab on Jul 20, 14 9:43 PM
I am enjoying this game very much. My daughter wanted to play, but I see just changing the name doesn't do anything but change your name! All the rest is the same. Why bother to have the ability to change names and gender if it makes no difference to do so?

Will she need to install it on a different computer to make her own profile?

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

Re:I guess these are only one player games?

[Post New]by Valdy on Jul 20, 14 11:23 PM
But it's the same with Midnight Castle, twinsoniclab. Only one person can play the game. In fact, I don't know of any F2P game that allows you to use different profiles at the same time. At least not the ones I have played so far.

I think the games are designed so that the devs can keep track of each person buying things and their inventory and friend lists etc, which are all stored on Cloud 9. LOL

And if you had 2 people using 2 different profiles, playing two different games, using the same game, there would be chaos.

That's just a guess, of course, but I think that might have something to do with it.

twinsoniclab
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,464 Posts

[Post New]by twinsoniclab on Jul 21, 14 9:06 AM
Thanks, that's what I thought.

I have only tried the other free to play games for a few minutes, so I am not familiar with how they work. This is the first one I like!

[Post New]by TheSherlockian on Jul 30, 14 3:17 PM
What you can do (or what has worked for some) is to create another Big Fish account. I believe some of these FTPs are linked to those and so, by logging in under a different BF account, you can essentially create a new game.

Just something to try.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jul 30, 14 7:59 PM
TheSherlockian wrote:What you can do (or what has worked for some) is to create another Big Fish account. I believe some of these FTPs are linked to those and so, by logging in under a different BF account, you can essentially create a new game.

Just something to try.

If you read the BF rules, TheSherlockian, you will find out that it's not allowed to have a second account on here.

twinsoniclab
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,464 Posts

[Post New]by twinsoniclab on Jul 30, 14 9:24 PM
Pretty sure that a different account wouldn't help. Isn't the game saved on the computer we play it on? I can be signed out of BFG and the GM still has the game.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jul 30, 14 11:05 PM
Twinsoniclab, because we don't yet have the "friends" section activated, you can therefore still play this game offline.

If this game works like other F2P games, then our inventory, friends, etc, will all be saved in the Cloud section online.

ETA: Never mind the above. Yes, your .save file is on your computer.

Your daughter can only play a game herself if she adds the game onto another computer, using your account.

Edited on 07/31/2014 at 8:56:37 PM PST

babsnel47
Guppy
Guppy
135 Posts

[Post New]by babsnel47 on Aug 3, 14 11:55 PM
Hi Twinsoniclab

Have a look at the Thread on here called " Wearing Cloths - Where Are They"

Look at the post "silver-hawk" has posted

Part of the post says
"You said that and I just had to know. I opened up my other ID on my computer and started a new game and chose Male this time."

Maybe if you click on silver-hawk's name and send a PM they will be able to help you.

I do know that a few players on Midnight Castle have multiple games (of Midnight Castle) going at the same time !!!

Babs x

Edited on 08/03/2014 at 11:58:41 PM PST

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Aug 4, 14 12:14 AM
That is true, babsnel, but the only way they could add a second game to their computer was by adding a new user for their computer, so this other user could then start a new game.

babsnel47
Guppy
Guppy
135 Posts

[Post New]by babsnel47 on Aug 4, 14 12:38 AM
Valdy. I thought this is what Twinsoniclab was wanting --- So her daughter could play her own game ?? or am I getting confused ?

Babs

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Aug 4, 14 3:43 AM
I think what Twinsoniclab was hoping for was a game where you can add more than 1 profile - just a guess, of course. It is widely known - at least to the MC gamers - that you can add another user to your computer, but not everybody wants to do that.

babsnel47
Guppy
Guppy
135 Posts

[Post New]by babsnel47 on Aug 4, 14 3:54 AM
Valdy wrote:I think what Twinsoniclab was hoping for was a game where you can add more than 1 profile - just a guess, of course. It is widely known - at least to the MC gamers - that you can add another user to your computer, but not everybody wants to do that.

Ok Valdy, I have got what your saying now, thanks.

Tzeitel99
Clownfish
Clownfish
690 Posts

[Post New]by Tzeitel99 on Aug 14, 14 11:47 AM
I played this for about 2 weeks and due to its my addictive nature, I paid actual money against my better judgment.

Last week I went out of state to visit my brother. He is dying and sleeps a lot so when he napped I logged on to their computer, assuming I would be able to pick up where I left off. Imagine my shock when I logged on and got a brand new game! which I sailed through with flying colors. I got to 189,000 experience points in the little bit I played over 5 days.

Because I paid attention to the beginning of the game this time and was able to use my amulets better and I actually accumulated over 10,000 pieces of gold. I never used a dime of real money and wanted to bang my head on their desk for all the money I wasted on the game here at home!

bfgWendwater
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,911 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWendwater on Aug 14, 14 12:01 PM
Hi Tzeitel99,

I'm so sorry to hear about your brother and our hearts go out to you and your family.

Just to clarify, the save data for Nightfall: An Edgar Allan Poe Mystery is stored locally on the computer the game was download to. Unfortunately, this means that the game cannot be continued using a different computer since the new computer won't have access to that save file.

If you have any problems or would like more clarification about your purchases, please contact our Customer Support Team using the link below. One of our Reps would be happy to help you out.

Contact Us

Thank you for your support and we wish you the best during this difficult time.

bfgWendwater

Tzeitel99
Clownfish
Clownfish
690 Posts

[Post New]by Tzeitel99 on Aug 14, 14 5:34 PM
Actually, no I had a blast replaying the game. I was able to get to level 26 in 5 short days and astonished myself! Of course it had helped that I knew the locations so well.....

I assumed it would have gone into a saved file, but it didn't bum me out. I think my brother's computer is faster than mine, so I had a ball......

papa_pahs
Minnow
Minnow
289 Posts

I guess these are only one player games?

[Post New]by papa_pahs on Aug 18, 14 7:51 PM
twinsoniclab wrote:I am enjoying this game very much. My daughter wanted to play, but I see just changing the name doesn't do anything but change your name! All the rest is the same. Why bother to have the ability to change names and gender if it makes no difference to do so?

Will she need to install it on a different computer to make her own profile?

Hi twinsoniclab. I was curious about your question so I did a quick test on my PC. I play Nightfall on the family Windows 8.1 PC, and we have 3 different people, with their own user id's using this PC. Each of us has purchased BFG games, and each user has the BFG game app installed.

Interestingly, the BFG game app shows ALL the purchased and FTP games for all three users; however only the 'owner' of a purchased game can open it. The FTP games all open up as a new game for that user.

If you are using a PC, it would seem that your daughter could create her own profile and user ID for that PC, download the BFG game app, and run her own Nightfall game.

Does this help answer your question? Does this make sense? Is this something you could try?

Happy Gaming
Papa

Go to: