Fishpole
Clownfish
Clownfish
556 Posts

I Just Don't Know Anymore!

[Post New]by Fishpole on Jul 21, 14 10:30 PM
It is 10pm PST. I live on the West Coast of Canada for those of you who are International and read the `Forums`.

I have just `hit a wall` with this game. I started playing MC because of the beautiful graphics & the interesting (to me, anyway) storyline. Yes, we had our `glitches`, but it really wasn`t anything to stop us.

The friendships formed here in the Forum proved to be invaluable and kept, I`m sure, many of us going. I know it did me.

But now I find myself at the point where I am more worried about the `money` aspect of the game than I really should be. Instead of just doing the `Quests` as I did and then when I ran out of `coins` I would scramble around & around to gather them up now I'm spending my time looking at the Inventory to see what I can `craft` and sell!

Of course, the `find` button does not work in this case which just adds to the frustration.

I mention the time...because I looked at the clock and I thought, I`m really not having fun here anymore.....something HAS to change.

Maybe I just need a break!

silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

Re:I Just Don't Know Anymore!

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Jul 21, 14 11:36 PM
I've taken a couple of breaks since starting MC at the beginning of this year. It has done a world of good.

Take a break ! Then come back.

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on Jul 21, 14 11:53 PM
Fishpole - out of interest how many HOG scenes have you played and how many days playing?

I am only asking cos i of the belief (still) if you are not prepared to put up with a lot repetitive boring over and over you will frustrated with this game- if playing boring Hogs over and over is not frustrating enough

Fishpole
Clownfish
Clownfish
556 Posts

[Post New]by Fishpole on Jul 22, 14 12:51 AM
govegril wrote:Fishpole - out of interest how many HOG scenes have you played and how many days playing?

I am only asking cos i of the belief (still) if you are not prepared to put up with a lot repetitive boring over and over you will frustrated with this game- if playing boring Hogs over and over is not frustrating enough

Well...to satisfy your interest I went in and checked and I have been playing only 15 days, 14 hours and 33 minutes.

I have completed 903 'Quests' and 7,597 HOG scenes.

I guess I'm just tired tonight....sorry for the complaint & thank you for the 'support' silver_hawk, you're probably right. I do need a break. At the very least just 'play' the game......and don't bother with ANY 'Quests'!

TC

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on Jul 22, 14 2:34 AM
Fishpole
I only asked cos I am feeling the same way
I have just reached the 10,000 HOG scene mark and been playing for 18 days in the stats and I am wondering just how much longer I can hold to the repetition.

I really hope you are feeling better and are back to playing again soon- and nothing wrong with sharing frustration.
Just wondering what point we get to before we all go gaga!

guppies56
Clownfish
Clownfish
798 Posts

[Post New]by guppies56 on Jul 22, 14 8:07 AM
Ive reached 18,872 HOS's completed and suffering badly from the repetition plague
and have played for 29 days and really don't know how much longer I can continue

rosiebvt
Manatee
Manatee
4,210 Posts

[Post New]by rosiebvt on Jul 22, 14 8:11 AM
I didn't exactly take a break, but I started playing only the HOS I needed to get parts for a character quest. Ignore the daily quests since they just eat inventory and don't get you much of anywhere. Still play the wheel and the dice game for items to make progress on the achievements. Then after a week or so of that, I spent time just playing rounds of HOS and not trying to do quests. After 4-6 rounds I knew I'd be able to open whatever chests I needed so I didn't get myself frustrated thinking "I STILL need that devil's glove". I found that this changes things up a little. Plus, having the upgraded and new HOS that I'm still trying to figure out will always give me something (relatively) new to keep track of. I just checked, and I'm at 12 1/2 days playing time, 11,000+ HOS on my main game, and at least 50% more from my second game. Wow, I've spent a lot more time on this than I realized .

ETA: I've also started another FTP game that I can spend about an hour a day on. I find looking at different graphics, even though they're all HOS, really helps.

Edited on 07/22/2014 at 8:13:37 AM PST

memagirl
Guppy
Guppy
184 Posts

[Post New]by memagirl on Jul 22, 14 8:49 AM
Fishpole, I think all MC players get tired of playing the HOS over and over and have to take a break in some way.

I have played the HOS 25,876 times. Been played 126 days.
Some days I just play the daily quest, send gifts, air ship, and dice game. I also like the wheel. If i have good things on the wheel i play it all i can that day. then gift out what i won.

So take sometime and come back to us in the castle. See you soon
Etta

rbsworld
Herring
Herring
317 Posts

[Post New]by rbsworld on Jul 22, 14 9:58 AM
Wow, you guys humble me. I play MC daily but compared to others I guess I should consider myself more of a casual player. This is only the 2nd time I've had to wait for an update in order to continue. While doing so, I gift what I have left, play the wheel, try to win at dice, send out a couple of pets but only do a couple of HOS daily...just enough to keep the daily bonus. I'm almost embarrassed to say I looked at my stats compared to those mentioned here and I'm amazed I got through everything...I have to remember to really thank all my friends again for their support!

I've found that during the 'waiting' periods, it's hard for me to stay engaged in this without a character quest to do. Yes, I pick and choose the DQ's I do but still, I find I need a really good reason at this point to do hours of HOS rounds. This last update drove me crazy looking for Unique Stamps. My game came to a complete standstill for a day and half. I confess, I can't say I've ever done hours of HOS rounds on a daily basis. The most consecutive complete HOS rounds at any given time as I recall is possibly 4-5.

Here's my short list:

1 game only, 29 days, 23 hours, 46 min.
7,127 HOS
completed 932 quests
5,172 flowers
60 achievements

Happy Questing!

rbsworld

ps. I just managed to craft my Phoenix! I am having a blast with 'Wilbur' at the moment...so maybe I'll get in a couple more HOS to boot!

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on Jul 22, 14 11:13 AM
guppies56 wrote:Ive reached 18,872 HOS's completed and suffering badly from the repetition plague
and have played for 29 days and really don't know how much longer I can continue

yikes guppie! woah.... that is incredible!

guppies56
Clownfish
Clownfish
798 Posts

[Post New]by guppies56 on Jul 22, 14 11:29 AM
govegril wrote:
guppies56 wrote:Ive reached 18,872 HOS's completed and suffering badly from the repetition plague

yikes guppie! woah.... that is incredible!

Now you know what stage the fatigue sets in Govegril.......This obsession began at the Bow figurine's door, going round and round in circles going broke and not being able to continue until I had earned even more coins. I promised myself that if I ever completed the Bow I would work like a busy little beaver and be able to complete all tasks without bankruptcy lol.......I now have the coins to know i'll not go broke, but the will to continue is fast waning

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Jul 22, 14 12:22 PM
Fatigue set in for me long before that point. (Though with 2 games, maybe I was past that point).

I have finally accepted that I can not catch up to people who started the game months before me. I may be on the same level, but I can never have the amount of coins and/or inventory that they do, even if I play 20 hours a day and risk losing my sanity doing that.

And I'm at peace with that realization.

guppies56
Clownfish
Clownfish
798 Posts

[Post New]by guppies56 on Jul 22, 14 1:02 PM
TiramaSue wrote:Fatigue set in for me long before that point. (Though with 2 games, maybe I was past that point).

I have finally accepted that I can not catch up to people who started the game months before me. I may be on the same level, but I can never have the amount of coins and/or inventory that they do, even if I play 20 hours a day and risk losing my sanity doing that.

And I'm at peace with that realization.

I genuinely take my hat off to anyone with more than one game on the go TiramaSue.
With the long gaps between updates you'll soon have enough coins, it's amazing how quick they actually build up without even trying.
That was my big problem, the Bow took so long that I hadn't finished one update before the next came along leaving me with absolutely no chance of recouping my losses from the first Bow update and having to craft Ancestors Spirits which in turn depleted my brown stamps.....Total exasperation

rosiebvt
Manatee
Manatee
4,210 Posts

[Post New]by rosiebvt on Jul 22, 14 5:29 PM
Two games got to be too much for me at the point where I was waiting for an update on one and 2 levels away from waiting on the update for the other. I could and sometimes did play continuously going from one game to the other for the several hours I had available. The constant round of HOS was too much, and since the games were almost in the same place, I didn't even have the benefit of looking for different items. Focusing on one game now and much happier, plus I've got more time for the forum!

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Jul 22, 14 5:58 PM
guppies56 - I haven't finished this update yet and I might not before the new material arrives. But I don't care! I'd rather play less and enjoy the game more.

I still have quests to do, pets to craft, and I imagine there are still some areas that I will have to pay to open.

I can never catch up to the people who will complete the next update in 24 hours or less and then start stock piling. It's physically impossible, even if I were granted a 48 hour day when the rest of you had to make do with 24 hours.

By accepting that, as great as I am (LOL), it can't be done, I've taken the pressure off that I had put on myself and I can now enjoy the game again. And take time out to do other things and play other games. And it feels marvelous!

WeeSam
Herring
Herring
306 Posts

[Post New]by WeeSam on Jul 22, 14 6:34 PM
I agree with TiramaSue. I still have quests to do at level 31, nowhere near finished yet, but if I don't feel like doing HOS today, or tormorrow, I won't. I'lll send the airship, spin the wheel, do a spot of gambling if I feel like it. Send out gifts, and maybe feed a pet if possible. Then I'm done for the day if that's all I feel like.

I have never had stockpiles of inventory items as the one and only time I reached the end before an update (the latest one), I didn't bother going in and doing HOS at all. That way leads to fatigue and boredom. And I have more than enough coins for whatever the future throws at me, 175,000 at the moment.

So when I do go in and play through all the HOS it's enjoyable because I choose to do it, not because I feel somehow forced to do it.

I Just Don't Know Anymore!

[Post New]by llaurelwreath on Jul 22, 14 6:41 PM
Fishpole wrote:It is 10pm PST. I live on the West Coast of Canada for those of you who are International and read the `Forums`.

I have just `hit a wall` with this game. I started playing MC because of the beautiful graphics & the interesting (to me, anyway) storyline. Yes, we had our `glitches`, but it really wasn`t anything to stop us.

The friendships formed here in the Forum proved to be invaluable and kept, I`m sure, many of us going. I know it did me.

But now I find myself at the point where I am more worried about the `money` aspect of the game than I really should be. Instead of just doing the `Quests` as I did and then when I ran out of `coins` I would scramble around & around to gather them up now I'm spending my time looking at the Inventory to see what I can `craft` and sell!

Of course, the `find` button does not work in this case which just adds to the frustration.

I mention the time...because I looked at the clock and I thought, I`m really not having fun here anymore.....something HAS to change.

Maybe I just need a break!

There was a thread that posted crafted items cost and sell value at one time. This is what keeps me in money when I start getting low. I try only to craft items on the daily quests that will give me a good return for my effort. The sign of ferocity is a good craft item for money, Artifact of Infinity is another. Bloodred order, mechanical heart, and several others are really good to have on hand and they don't cost a lot of coins.

[Post New]by llaurelwreath on Jul 22, 14 6:48 PM
rosiebvt wrote:Two games got to be too much for me at the point where I was waiting for an update on one and 2 levels away from waiting on the update for the other. I could and sometimes did play continuously going from one game to the other for the several hours I had available. The constant round of HOS was too much, and since the games were almost in the same place, I didn't even have the benefit of looking for different items. Focusing on one game now and much happier, plus I've got more time for the forum!

Does that mean I can delete Emmaline Gift?

Laura

aleutcia
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
428 Posts

[Post New]by aleutcia on Jul 22, 14 7:09 PM
Fishpole,I think for players that play a lot, a break is the way to go. Just today I noticed that one of my friends that I gift to regularly has "taking a break" after her name. Looks like you may not be the only one out there hitting that wall.

I have not had to yet because I only play thru all the HOS once to occasionally three times a day. As long as I can send the airship, spin the wheel, do gifting and make some headway on my quests, I am happy. I have been playing a long time as I did the old style bow figs, but I have never had to wait for an update because I go so slow. Only on level 29 with one game and level 18 with my other. This game and a couple other FTP games I play keeps me plenty busy.

rosiebvt
Manatee
Manatee
4,210 Posts

[Post New]by rosiebvt on Jul 23, 14 9:42 AM
llaurelwreath wrote:
rosiebvt wrote:Two games got to be too much for me at the point where I was waiting for an update on one and 2 levels away from waiting on the update for the other. I could and sometimes did play continuously going from one game to the other for the several hours I had available. The constant round of HOS was too much, and since the games were almost in the same place, I didn't even have the benefit of looking for different items. Focusing on one game now and much happier, plus I've got more time for the forum!

Does that mean I can delete Emmaline Gift?

Laura

Emmaline Gift is still gifting out her inventory but has no wishlist. If you want to delete her, go ahead, or put something out of the ordinary on your wishlist and if I've got it I'll send it along. I've run out of the things everybody needs since I'm not doing HOS anymore but I've got a few airship items, stamps and crafted items. Harpy's feathers, anyone?

Go to: