sandy510
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
479 Posts

Can we start an auction!

[Post New]by sandy510 on Jul 22, 14 6:39 AM
For all those with the ability to get certain eggs, like the Panda. I think it would fetch some pretty hefty prices at this point. Just a thought.

silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

Re:Can we start an auction!

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Jul 22, 14 7:07 AM
Sandy510, I understand where you're coming from but here's the problem with that.

*First we already have an egg to trade thread for trading eggs for other eggs or crafted items of close to equal value.

*Second we have a egg to gift thread for those who are generous players looking to help those who have difficulty obtaining eggs and you mostly see the earlier pets listed there.

*Third, I've seen auctions on other games go into extortion and I think that will end up creating animosity and anger within the forum. First they will say that it's not fair that those that have the most luck charge extreme prices for those who are not so fortunate to pay and they would be right.

See where I'm going here? So with all respect I don't think an auction is a good idea. I've seen auctions go so bad before. Thank you for trying to come up with something original. But I vote "no".

Silver Hawk

[Post New]by Arizona63Tucson on Jul 22, 14 7:33 AM
Hell-o sandy510 ,I have to agree with Silver Hawk .This would cause a lot more discontent among the players.

ARIZONA

gernespieler
Catfish
Catfish
1,615 Posts

[Post New]by gernespieler on Jul 22, 14 7:47 AM
I fully agree with silver_hawk and vote for no auction

50MAD
Clownfish
Clownfish
547 Posts

[Post New]by 50MAD on Jul 22, 14 7:48 AM
Me too!!! Even though I still have eggs I rather trade.

[Post New]by tigress1_2u on Jul 22, 14 8:25 AM
I agree with silver_hawk .... no auction!

Like my friend 50MAD I also have a basket of Eggs. To trade or just to gift them to my friends when they would like to have one!
Or maybe another Name That Egg Contest ...Kidding Lady_Sabelle would kill me

memagirl
Guppy
Guppy
184 Posts

[Post New]by memagirl on Jul 22, 14 8:53 AM
I agree with Silver_Hawk NO auction please.

DivaDoodle
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,119 Posts

[Post New]by DivaDoodle on Jul 22, 14 9:37 AM
I also would rather *not* have an auction!

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Jul 22, 14 9:55 AM
Perhaps the Eggs to Trade topic would be the best place for posting eggs and to get something in return for them. Most players post what egg they have to trade and then ask for PM's if someone is interested. The people interested PM the player and tell them what they have to trade. The player with the egg then can choose which offer they want to take as trade.

This is sort of like a silent auction because the players who want the egg don't know what other players are offering in their PMs.

sandy510
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
479 Posts

[Post New]by sandy510 on Jul 22, 14 3:34 PM
Yes, I see all the points you made are very good ones. thanks for responding.

AnnaDownes01
Flounder
Flounder
2,175 Posts

[Post New]by AnnaDownes01 on Jul 22, 14 3:39 PM
NO AUCTION I play another game that I am considering giving up because all the daily quests are now win this item in the auction house. I refuse to do this because of all the angst that is on that forum about auctions & sharks & extortionate prices.

Lots of people in the Castle wanted Daily Quests & when they got them there was a lot of negativity about them.

Be careful what you wish for as you may not like the result

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Jul 22, 14 4:21 PM
Thank you Sandy510 for offering a creative idea. Even though this one didn't fly perhaps another one will in the future.

silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Jul 22, 14 4:41 PM
Sandy510,
I hope that this topic didn't discourage you. If you have other ideas about anything please don't hesitate to express and share them. The next one might be a winner

Go to: