New Update 7-22-14

ChestnutHeights
Salmon
Salmon
2,542 Posts

New Update 7-22-14

[Post New]by ChestnutHeights on Jul 22, 14 7:56 PM
Just saw on the game manager there's a new update.. downloading now and crossing fingers that I can finally finish the quests from the last update.. anyone tried yet??

Re:New Update 7-22-14

[Post New]by biology5150 on Jul 22, 14 8:25 PM
just completed download...everything went well! I was at lvl 49, still am. Didn't lose any progress and the flaheed quest is fixed. be back in a sec with more updates

[Post New]by biology5150 on Jul 22, 14 8:29 PM
also stone circle glitch is fixed...seems, for me at least, glitches fixed, game is running fine. Also got my trophies (Scene) updated and awarded the 26 diamonds. So far so good.

ChestnutHeights
Salmon
Salmon
2,542 Posts

[Post New]by ChestnutHeights on Jul 22, 14 8:55 PM
Thanks for the news!That's very encouraging!

Normally my download go quickly, but this one is taking forever! It's still downloading.. maybe because there's a storm outside.. can't wait to see it myself!

[Post New]by angelfire77 on Jul 22, 14 10:01 PM
It looks like a good update! I was able to finish Fahleed's quest, and my Druid's Hut updated. There are several new quests as well!

[Post New]by dcummings51 on Jul 22, 14 10:40 PM
Game manager not showing updates...Any solutions?

NoFishToday
Salmon
Salmon
2,712 Posts

[Post New]by NoFishToday on Jul 22, 14 10:52 PM
dcummings51 wrote:Game manager not showing updates...Any solutions?

My only suggestion would be to reboot your computer and then reopen your Big Fish game manager.

So far, glitches in quests from last update and new maps appear to be fixed, but no changes to experience meters. I am interested in knowing what the new "level up" rewards are, which are supposed to be in line with the new higher experience targets. Also, drop rates are supposed to be improved and I'd like to see how that goes.

Alikatt8
Herring
Herring
343 Posts

[Post New]by Alikatt8 on Jul 22, 14 11:23 PM
Im quietly rejoicing in my newfound enthusiasm for the game again
THANK YOU FINALLY Devs. Now like with other BF games, when there is a quest request, at least the items are dropping, so that we can move on and not get bored.

tweens63
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by tweens63 on Jul 22, 14 11:49 PM
I'm having a problem with the bouncer's quest. He wants items from the traveler's collection (belts, spectacles and compasses)...I have those items but it won't let me give them to him. There's usually a "Give" button for those types of quests, but instead there's a "Proceed" button, which takes me directly to the map. I shouldn't have to revisit those places if I already have the requested items!
Drop rates seem to have improved for some items. Got a pink moonflower and a unicorn feather on my first visits to the HOS. The dreaded moon tea is still not showing up for me.
I did receive my awards for achieving "Grand Master" status in the HOS, so that's a positive! And the Fahleed and Stone Circle glitches seem to have been fixed, yay!

arwen777
Minnow
Minnow
295 Posts

[Post New]by arwen777 on Jul 23, 14 12:14 AM
tweens63 wrote:I'm having a problem with the bouncer's quest. He wants items from the traveler's collection (belts, spectacles and compasses)...I have those items but it won't let me give them to him. There's usually a "Give" button for those types of quests, but instead there's a "Proceed" button, which takes me directly to the map. I shouldn't have to revisit those places if I already have the requested items!
quote]

I'm experiencing the exact same problem! Furthermore there is a glitch in the tulips quests. There is no explanation about what scenes to visit, just the squabbit saying ''squeak''!

Edited on 07/23/2014 at 12:15:27 AM PST

NoFishToday
Salmon
Salmon
2,712 Posts

[Post New]by NoFishToday on Jul 23, 14 12:22 AM
tweens63 wrote:I'm having a problem with the bouncer's quest. He wants items from the traveler's collection (belts, spectacles and compasses)...I have those items but it won't let me give them to him. There's usually a "Give" button for those types of quests, but instead there's a "Proceed" button, which takes me directly to the map.

If you will notice, this quest is a bit different. Traveler's belts are in Treasure Chest, and spectacles are in Apricus Plaza...not the normal maps for those items and I have plenty in my collection too, but in this case, you have to go to the new location to find them. However the two compasses requested are still from the dreaded Black Bull. And even though I have ten in my collection they do not show up, so I have to find two more. So far no luck. Going for try number five, but not tonight. This may be one drop they forgot to adjust...

NoFishToday
Salmon
Salmon
2,712 Posts

[Post New]by NoFishToday on Jul 23, 14 12:38 AM
arwen777 wrote:
I'm experiencing the exact same problem! Furthermore there is a glitch in the tulips quests. There is no explanation about what scenes to visit, just the squabbit saying ''squeak''!

If you are referring to the quest I completed for the squabbit, it is a mini-game quest with pet food. Go to the animal shelter and see if that is the quest you are looking for. The mini-games you need to play will be flashing "Quest".

arwen777
Minnow
Minnow
295 Posts

[Post New]by arwen777 on Jul 23, 14 2:51 AM
NoFishToday wrote:
arwen777 wrote:

If you are referring to the quest I completed for the squabbit, it is a mini-game quest with pet food. Go to the animal shelter and see if that is the quest you are looking for. The mini-games you need to play will be flashing "Quest".

No i'm talking about the toulip quests. Game asks you on two different occasions to visit 6 scenes in order to find the missing toulips. The thing is you don't know which scenes you are supposed to visit! They aren't mentioned in the quest!

Oh!And i found even more glitches. After i visited skyfleet docks and sacred grove on two different quests i never got the reward! The quest was blank after completing it!

ChestnutHeights
Salmon
Salmon
2,542 Posts

[Post New]by ChestnutHeights on Jul 23, 14 4:04 AM
dcummings51 wrote:Game manager not showing updates...Any solutions?

Go to you Game Manager
Click on Options
Click on Downloads
Check Manual

It should then appear. Sometimes it doesn't read automatically. Try that and hopefully it appears

[Post New]by DaisyMaeDriver on Jul 23, 14 5:52 AM
tweens63 wrote:I'm having a problem with the bouncer's quest. He wants items from the traveler's collection (belts, spectacles and compasses)...I have those items but it won't let me give them to him. There's usually a "Give" button for those types of quests, but instead there's a "Proceed" button, which takes me directly to the map. I shouldn't have to revisit those places if I already have the requested items!
Drop rates seem to have improved for some items. Got a pink moonflower and a unicorn feather on my first visits to the HOS. The dreaded moon tea is still not showing up for me.
I did receive my awards for achieving "Grand Master" status in the HOS, so that's a positive! And the Fahleed and Stone Circle glitches seem to have been fixed, yay!

It says "FIND" 5 Traveler's Belt
FIND 3 Traveler's Spectacles
FIND 2 Traveler's Compass

Doesn't matter how many you have in your collection you have to go to the location and "FIND" however many more..... So 5 or more trips back to the Treasure vault...

cabega
Herring
Herring
366 Posts

[Post New]by cabega on Jul 23, 14 5:52 AM

My new update is just running ...............

Before that it was freezing to connection again.

I hope, I hope, I hope ....................

[Post New]by baily731 on Jul 23, 14 6:09 AM
DaisyMaeDriver wrote:

It says "FIND" 5 Traveler's Belt
FIND 3 Traveler's Spectacles
FIND 2 Traveler's Compass

Doesn't matter how many you have in your collection you have to go to the location and "FIND" however many more..... So 5 or more trips back to the Treasure vault...

You are right! They are there and all fell in a timely manor except the compass. Took me about eight tries before one fell, then another eight.

[Post New]by baily731 on Jul 23, 14 6:10 AM
arwen777 wrote:
NoFishToday wrote:
arwen777 wrote:

No i'm talking about the toulip quests. Game asks you on two different occasions to visit 6 scenes in order to find the missing toulips. The thing is you don't know which scenes you are supposed to visit! They aren't mentioned in the quest!

Oh!And i found even more glitches. After i visited skyfleet docks and sacred grove on two different quests i never got the reward! The quest was blank after completing it!

I am on level 41, when is this tulip quest?

cabega
Herring
Herring
366 Posts

[Post New]by cabega on Jul 23, 14 6:16 AM
cabega wrote:
My new update is just running ...............

Before that it was freezing to connection again.

I hope, I hope, I hope ....................

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

KKim
Guppy
Guppy
134 Posts

[Post New]by KKim on Jul 23, 14 8:46 AM
Still uncertain.... It Downloaded nicely, had same glitch with the travelers items but got through it ok. Yes, the odd rare thing may drop... but a lot still does not and the amount requested again is so high again (on some things). The honey ect... Geeze Louise and it takes so much energy to go through to "maybe" get one. I have tried over a dozen times to get Sophia's Crest, Here you only need a few BUT They Will Not Drop. I am confused, is this pretty well the same way as it was beforebut with a new story to follow? Yes, a couple of big glitches were fixed and I am Thankful for that. But I just don't get it? In ART after same kind of people problem, they allowed for easier drops and in "My Opinion" The drops became to easy and things got boaring because you pretty well have Everything. Where's the Balance??? That's all I want to know..... and I know it can be done. Take Care All.

Go to: