Edited on 07/23/2014 at 8:30:50 AM PST

bfgVaiya
Salmon
Salmon
2,557 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Floria here

[Post New]by bfgVaiya on Jul 23, 14 8:30 AM
Hello Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Floria here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Floria.
2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.
3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.
4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgVaiya

goldendog08
Guppy
Guppy
193 Posts

[Post New]by goldendog08 on Jul 23, 14 8:43 AM
Thanks VTCT for that detailed, succinct review of this game! Helps my choice of whether or not to buy it a lot!

ttomm46
Guppy
Guppy
123 Posts

[Post New]by ttomm46 on Jul 23, 14 10:53 AM
goldendog08 wrote:Thanks VTCT for that detailed, succinct review of this game! Helps my choice of whether or not to buy it a lot!

I hear ya goldendog...

_DD_
Flounder
Flounder
2,115 Posts

[Post New]by _DD_ on Jul 23, 14 11:35 AM
bfgVaiya wrote: ...
... Please do not review the reviews of others.
3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

Bilyeu5
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by Bilyeu5 on Jul 23, 14 1:04 PM
By the same developer of Laruaville, which is one of my favorite M3'S. It's taking me awhile to catch on to the trick of matching symbols and colored tiles, but I have confidence that I can master it!

Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Jul 23, 14 1:36 PM
For some unknown reason or maybe "a call of the moment" I played the 60 minute demo of this game and would really like someone to give me an explanation on why it is called a game as it requires no brain power whatsoever, so this is game is completely pointless. Clicking on objects that do their own thing and allow you to win the level is not a game as it requires no thought whatsoever.

BFG I promise never to play or review a Match 3 game again, because based on this demo it is a complete waste of my time and brain power.

TnTexas
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by TnTexas on Jul 23, 14 6:31 PM
Unlike the person above me, I found that the game did take some brain power - at least on occasion. Having to match specific items in order to clear the squares made me have to think a bit. Overall, I thought this was a fun, slightly different take on the genre. I'd suggest giving it a try if you enjoy Match3s. You might find you like it too.

Tufty57
Minnow
Minnow
229 Posts

[Post New]by Tufty57 on Jul 24, 14 4:10 AM
A lovely game for my five year old grandchild (if I had one!). S/he could learn colours by matching the pretty tiles, learn his/her numbers by playing the solitaire game and would probably appreciate a little helper to remove tiles for him/her.

If you are a bit more grown up, yes, you can up the challenge to timed or limited moves and then a strategy is required, but on relaxed this is more soporific!

I shall not be investing and I am out!

T57

qpr1
Clownfish
Clownfish
733 Posts

[Post New]by qpr1 on Jul 24, 14 7:17 AM
the music at once is extremely irritating, one of the most boring m3 games I have ever played!

zahorb
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by zahorb on Jul 24, 14 12:55 PM
sorry to so many negatives! once past the first few easy levels, you quickly start getting much more difficult ones requiring interesting choices of moves in order to be successful. the old stand-by strategy for match 3 games is out the window! the assistants become absolutely necessary. try a level where you have to match the tiles, break the ice, work around the blocks, get rid of the baskets and keep everything burning at the same time! oy! i'm loving this game!

kiwis00
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by kiwis00 on Jul 25, 14 12:09 AM
Stop complaining to the above three from qpr: Daxadillion, Texas, and Tufty. It's cute, yeah! So what! This is a break from too many challenging games, if any, relax. There are too many HOS with too many mistakes. And the developers, well something needs to change. You have to dig deeper and develop better games for people like them.

Edited on 07/25/2014 at 12:13:15 AM PST

SavemeJack
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

[Post New]by SavemeJack on Jul 27, 14 10:47 AM
BASED ON DEMO ONLY

Which I must say I could not tolerate playing the full demo. Another M3 for a child. Guess I'll have to look for another favorite genre altogether. I have so many beautiful, challenging, adult-themed M3's already bought and played over and over. Maybe "the times, they are a changin'" and I'm not up to fighting anymore.

The gameplay has been explained here in previous posts. Tiles are large (super-large) so no problem seeing them, that's for sure. And yes, you can make matches while tiles are falling, but you make more mistakes than if you just leave it alone. The gameplay is a little different and does take some minor thought to complete a board (stress "minor").

Very colorful to the point of being obnoxious. The characters are cartoon characters and must be the ugliest characters ever drawn. Who wants to even look at them between boards?

The other games included (waaayyyy too many times) are too stupid for words.

I suppose you can guess my impression of this game. Enough said. Don't waste your money if you are looking for a half-way decent M3, IMHO. Please try before you buy.

Edited on 07/27/2014 at 10:55:03 AM PST

ffap
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by ffap on Aug 1, 14 9:25 AM
I loved the Laruaville game and waited anxiously for another similar game,and I was disappointed with Floria for one main reason----the upgrades or additions that I earn are chosen for me.This almost ruined the game for me,but I still bought it and like it .I just don't love it like I did Laruaville.I love to collect my points and coins or whatever,and then I decide what to buy to enhance the village etc.It is no fun for me when additions are decided for me.
i love the music,graphics,and the beautiful scenes . This is mostly a match game,but it also has some hidden object puzzles too.I look forward to the hidden object scenes,and I liked this game enough to buy it and play it.It is so refreshing to play a game that does not have tormented souls and evil spirits that lurk throughout .I have a hard time time finding a game(especially HOGS) that do not have a depressing story line.This game is at least cheerful and bright,and I do find it relaxing.I just hope there is a Laruaville sequel soon----love that game!

Vkann
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by Vkann on Aug 10, 14 6:20 PM
I am sorry to say that I disagree with a lot of your reviews. I really enjoyed Floria, for two reasons, you did get help along the way with the people and you could play in a nice relaxed mode, which suits me, because my hands don't work as quick. With the music I did have to turn this down, but I do have trouble with noise.

I also did try Laruaville and did not like it at all. I found this one to be boring.

If anyone can help me with a m3 that too bright for example jewells, thank you because I also have trouble with really bright colours and it is also played in a relaxed mode please let me know.

If you can help please let me know. Thank you so much.

Having trouble with other games because of all the creepy crawlys in them.

Jurinne
Clownfish
Clownfish
606 Posts

[Post New]by Jurinne on Sep 15, 14 2:18 PM
Based on part of demo:

I like M3 games, especially now that I am learning the strategy. It's more than just finding matches of three of a kind. It can be quite difficult.

But - I do not like it when I am playing a level and a reminder keeps popping up to inform me that I have to use certain colors of tiles. I already know that. I was told that at the beginning of the level. I am not stupid. Well, not THAT stupid, anyway!

When it happened the first time, I was irritated. When it happened the second time, I quit the game.

There are a lot of M3 games and some are quite good. I like to play my own way. I don't like being pushed to play a certain way. I play M3 games to relax. I really wish game developers would stop interrupting games to give information that is not needed. It really, really bugs me. I mean, really!

It's like being told, "Hey you! Don't you get it? You are screwing up! You have to use THESE tiles which are gold! Now do it right and stop matching up those others colors! How dare you!!"

No, thank you.

wyebank
Lobster
Lobster
86 Posts

[Post New]by wyebank on Sep 23, 14 2:46 PM
Liked this game more than I thought I would. It is not as easy as you think once you get into it. Colourful and pleasant, I will get with a credit. Give it a go match 3 players, ignore the negative reviews, I am a keen M3 player and rate this little game.

[Post New]by pherremans on Feb 1, 15 11:45 AM
i will buy floria but in euro
how mucht have i to pay
i only have bancontact mister cash
thanks for a answer
patricia

bessiegirl
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by bessiegirl on Mar 23, 15 8:27 AM
Well, this game does have some unusual aspects to its match 3...tile changing colors, lighted cells...etc. but for the most part its a bit of a dull, slow game. Slow meaning especially the change of levels. Once you finish a level it seems to take forever for the point calculation (which you cannot click through) to finish and move on. Each scene change is even slower...all that got old. It has 90 levels which seem to drag on forever. I had to immediately turn off the music. Arrgh.

Also the power up characters waving at me the whole time got really annoying. This is a match 3 I won't be playing again. Although the levels did progress to more difficulty, is never got to be much of a challenge. The card games and hidden object levels actually had a bit more challenge than the match 3 itself. For a match 3 I would only give it a 2+ out of 5. Nice colors though.

[Post New]by stoirms on Sep 7, 15 12:12 PM
Bilyeu5 wrote:By the same developer of Laruaville, which is one of my favorite M3'S. It's taking me awhile to catch on to the trick of matching symbols and colored tiles, but I have confidence that I can master it!

I have all 3 Laruaville games as well as Floria. I am just wondering who is the developer of these games.

Go to: