Edited on 07/25/2014 at 8:44:31 AM PST

bfgWendwater
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,911 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Dark Parables: Ballad of Rapunzel here

[Post New]by bfgWendwater on Jul 25, 14 8:44 AM
Hello Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Dark Parables: Ballad of Rapunzel here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Dark Parables: Ballad of Rapunzel.
2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.
3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.
4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgWendwater

tommya1947
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by tommya1947 on Jul 26, 14 6:37 PM
Sorry no sale!
Too gaudy ! Too little Girlish !
WHER ARE THE GUY GAMES ???????

roaming
Clownfish
Clownfish
644 Posts

Re: Please post your REVIEWS for Dark Parables: Ballad of Rapunzel here

[Post New]by roaming on Jul 26, 14 10:13 PM
tommya1947, I don't know what you mean by "guy games," but I'm female and nearly went into a sugar coma after 25 minutes.

To answer your question, a couple of years ago, many fishies started complaining that there were too many dark, morbid games. So now we have too much of fairyland and talking dragons.

A good balance of horror, moderately creepy and twinkly stuff would be nice.

This game has charming, colorful artwork, interesting albeit easy HOS and puzzles, and, at least in easy mode, lots of black bar self talk. It will be very appealing to fishies who like a brighter kind of game.

Edited on 07/26/2014 at 10:17:52 PM PST

dollyflower
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,373 Posts

[Post New]by dollyflower on Jul 28, 14 11:41 AM
Hmmmmm. I'm perplexed. Blue Tea is one of my favorite developers and any game they put out is a buy for me! Do you need blood and gore? Just what is a "guy game" anyway? BFG has such a large selection, that just about everyone's favorite type of game is "findable". I love these FROG games. Happy gaming to everyone!

Jaguar2357
Lobster
Lobster
87 Posts

[Post New]by Jaguar2357 on Jul 28, 14 3:56 PM
I love BT games precisely because they make intellectual challenge beautiful. What's with being unable to like anything that is not gory?

addieh
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by addieh on Aug 2, 14 12:53 PM
Even tho' I've not quite finished the game, I can say this with all honesty.
I've never been disappointed with Dark Parable games. Each one is well thought out, colorful, and full of adventure. As far as I'm concerned, BT is one of the best!

bessiegirl
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by bessiegirl on Aug 15, 14 5:09 AM
I forgot how overly glitzy these can be...my mistake...lasted about 15 minutes before I couldn't take it anymore. Someday I'll learn not to download these. This one not only overwhelmed me in "bling", but was boring to boot. A definate "girly-girl" game. Yuck....

Graphics, besides being overly colorful were blurry and crowded. Same-o gameplay with all these Dark Parables...nothing new. If you like lots of "bling and glitz", you like this...i just find it annoying. Not for me.

Edited on 08/15/2014 at 5:11:57 AM PST

LadyJane50
Guppy
Guppy
183 Posts

[Post New]by LadyJane50 on Sep 2, 14 5:32 PM
I liked the story line and was pleased with how they created the characters in Rapunzel's family. There were many references to past characters from the previous Dark Parables games. However, I don't think you would have had to play them before playing this one. Music was okay and hint button was helpful when I needed it.

Graphics were a disappointment. While they were nicely detailed, they were way overdone. Some scenes had so much ivy, flowers, and foliage in it that it took away from the beauty of the scene. I can understand why some players did not like the graphics as they seemed to have a child-like feel to them.

Some of the inventory items collected like emblems or crests or cameos looked so much alike that when I needed to use one of them I had to keep trying different ones until I happened upon the one that actually worked.

The ending was nicely done as there are three possible endings. Since I would like to see how the other endings were done, I will probably go back and replay this game in the future.

All in all, this wasn't a bad game. I used a game credit so it was free for me but I would probably still purchase this game anyway. Can't say it is one of my top Dark Parables, but was still an ok game.

addieh
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by addieh on Oct 4, 14 11:48 AM
BT games is one of my fav and this was no exception. Clear, colorful, good storyline, kept me wanting more. This is an exceptional game at least to me.

layzeedaisy
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by layzeedaisy on Dec 6, 14 11:30 AM
This is a beautifully crafted and presented game.

Gorgeous scenes and bright colours. Nothing too difficult in the puzzles or hidden object scenes.

The story flowed along nicely, shame it was soooo boring.

[Post New]by NWojtanowski on Dec 21, 14 10:43 PM
I have played all of the Dark Parable games in the passed week and this is my favorite group of games since Puppetshow. I loved this one best so far but, haven't played the most recent Dark Parables yet, I just recently discovered them and had to play them in order (Of course). Have almost all the CE's and will definitely be getting this one and the other 2 that I only bought Standard Editions for(Rise Of The Snow Queen + Jack And The Sky Kingdom). Although the first 2 CE's in the series felt like a rip-off that I wish I would've bought just the SE's, THE ONLY ONE I TRULY REGRET GETTING THE COLLECTOR'S EDITION IN WAS...THE FINAL CINDERELLA...really should have a warning about all those spiders, I can't even play the bonus game and that's the only reason I bought the CE. I would've rather this CE by far. I also loved each of the 3 endings as I played this 3 times tonight just to see the different endings and it was definitely worth it. I do have to say they should mention the 3 ending option in the walkthrough especially since IMHO, the MIRROR ARTIFACT is probably the last one I would have picked (actually it was, I did the JEWEL ARTIFACT, then the SWORD ARTIFACT, and finally the MIRROR ARTIFACT) don't get me wrong though, they were each great endings in their own way but I preferred the JEWEL ARTIFACT above all other endings.

Edited on 12/21/2014 at 10:44:24 PM PST

Go to: