sas65
Guppy
Guppy
103 Posts

Fish tacos

[Post New]by sas65 on Jul 25, 14 5:33 AM
I have had it, too much work put into have things disappear, some of us cannot afforded to buy bucks all the time and these Dailey challenges help

Big fish I used to love because the seemed to care. Seems like the have joined the other game sites who only want you to spend money to enjoy the game. I normally delete those,
But I love this cooking game. Just listen to all the same complaints and do something to fix or pull the game

I've done the taco thing three times and each time disappeared so I had no bucks

Please listen to the people who buy your games. Own many bigfish games and could always count on solution until now. Very disappointed that no one cares to fix the issue

Edited on 07/25/2014 at 5:34:31 AM PST

ReikiRose
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

Re:Fish tacos

[Post New]by ReikiRose on Jul 29, 14 2:43 PM
I just had it happen for the third time last night as well. I have opened a second ticket on this issue since it is not fixed yet and more than 1 complaint. We shall see what the response is this time.

evetruth
Guppy
Guppy
149 Posts

[Post New]by evetruth on Jul 30, 14 4:46 AM
I am another unhappy fish. I am about ready to quit playing because they claim they can't restore anything that you lose.

[Post New]by susiejane9 on Aug 27, 14 3:32 PM
I'm not sure if you noticed the August 25th post that Fugazo has gone out of business. Since they developed the game they would presumably be responsible for fixing the glitches in the code that cause the Fish Taco challenge to disappear - thus it will probably never be fixed.

However, someone noticed quite a while back that if you leave the game running on your computer the entire time the challenge is running it will not disappear. You can minimize it and leave it running in the background, just not let you computer go to sleep or turn it off.

I know this isn't a perfect work-around, but it's really nice to get 20 bucks in one day - and for some reason, every time the fish taco challenge has come up I get a second high volume challenge the same day. I'm hoping to make 36 bucks in the next 22 hours. That's really handy.

Good luck.

Talula44
Guppy
Guppy
181 Posts

[Post New]by Talula44 on Aug 30, 14 4:32 AM
I'm excited... each night when I'm done playing, I fill 7 ovens with fish tacos so that I'm prepared if the quest comes up... since I don't spend money on the game to buy boosts, so can't possibly cook & sell the tacos in 22 hrs unless I do it this way. I figure even if I never get the quest, it's a good way to make money & up my chef level faster. Well the quest finally came! I opened the game, got the quest, and have all my tacos ready to sell and the whole day to sell them. Guess I won't be shutting down my computer any time soon. The only thing that worries me is sometimes when I've been in another profile on my computer or had my computer closed (but not off), I get an error when I return to the game and find I'm kicked out. I guess if that happens, I'll still wait to open the game back up till I'm sure the tacos would have sold...since I don't know at what point the tacos quest clears when you open and close... maybe it's still there behind the scenes until you reopen, and the quest could still be completed if I wait till they're sold? Don't know, but crossing my fingers I'll have an extra $20 by the end of the day!

[Post New]by susiejane9 on Aug 30, 14 2:01 PM
I do the same thing almost every night. I keep 8 gold ovens of fish tacos and 6 each of cornbread and almond cookies any time I've got the daily challenge finished before I need to go bed. I keep 2 counters going with the tacos and 1 each for cornbread and cookies. Those seem to be the demands that give the largest number of bucks when they come up and being sure that I never run out of food to serve all day has given me more coins than I know what to do with.

Good luck on your taco challenge. I just leave my laptop plugged in and open with the game running on the screen any time I'm not using it to keep it from going to sleep. I've earned the 20 bucks for fish tacos 4 times now and it's a great way to buy upper level decor without spending real money.

Talula44
Guppy
Guppy
181 Posts

[Post New]by Talula44 on Sep 1, 14 2:57 PM
Well, bad news on my tacos $20... forgot to mention that I have an old laptop that sometimes does what I call an "F.U. Shutdown"... where it will just turn off on me with no warning whatsoever... even though it's plugged in, not running on battery. When I had the taco quest, I just left my computer on & open with the game on screen while I slept, hoping for less chance of the OTHER problem, the game kickout when I've had the computer on but closed, or been in another profile. Well when I woke up, my computer was off, by way of the FU Shutdown. Sigh. I waited till I was sure the tacos would have sold, but no luck, quest gone & no reward. I had even saved a copy of the "profiles" file under Fugazo & temporarily renamed it "mid tacos"... this was after I'd already sold about 5000 tacos. So I thought... I should be fine! Just change the names of the files again, and voila! But no-go on that either. After loading the mid tacos file as the current, it still showed that most of my tacos were sold & the quest was gone... not that only 5000 had sold. I don't get it, since I had old copies of the profiles saved, and I tried loading one of those and sure enough, it took me back in time to a previous level. But the mid tacos save did not. That freakin' tacos quest is just double jinxed.

But then I thought I had good luck, since I now had a quest for Churros for $16, and those are another thing I keep a bunch of ovens going on overnight so I'll be prepared. And since I doubted I'd get the tacos quest twice in a row, I had skipped stocking my ovens with that and did the full 7 on Churros instead, which with my equipment, is the minimum number of ovens to complete the quest. So I thought, YAY, not as good as 20, but 16 is still awesome & I'm all prepared! But just now I went in the game and discovered all my Churros are sold, and I'm short about 1000! 'Cuz I FORGOT that 7 is the minimum UNLESS u make mistakes on squeezing out the churros, which I frequently do! That's one of the toughest games for me to do perfectly, on level 48. There's still a chance for some bucks though...'cuz I do have one oven with about 8.5 hours left on a churros, and I have 8 hours before my quests reset. So I figure in the last hour or 2, I'll pay to speed up the oven, in time to sell my last 1000. Right now it's $34 to speed it up, so not worth it for a $16 reward, but close to the end it should be worth it and still make a profit.

Talula44
Guppy
Guppy
181 Posts

[Post New]by Talula44 on Sep 1, 14 3:15 PM
susiejane9 wrote: ...being sure that I never run out of food to serve all day has given me more coins than I know what to do with.
I've earned the 20 bucks for fish tacos 4 times now

Wow, you must be on a really high level, 'cuz I can only dream of having more coins than I know what to do with (how many do u have right now?), even though we both use the same technique of running lots of profitable ovens overnight. I have 2 games going on 2 different profiles, one is level 48 and the other in the low 40s I think. Also sounds like you have a LOT more gold ovens than I do, I only have 1 or 2 on each appliance so far. The most coins I've ever had at a time before I spent them is about 430,000. I recently bought the cat decor with that, for the hearts... and that was my first 400,000 item. My level 48 game has 393 hearts.

That's awesome you've made $80 on tacos... next time I get the quest, I'll just close my laptop to rest it and hope I don't get the game kickout error. One day I'll get that taco quest! (I'll GET you my PRETTY!)

[Post New]by susiejane9 on Sep 1, 14 7:06 PM
I've reached level 60 and am now just working on mastering all recipes and getting all my decor to the top level. It takes 100 buck per decor item, so it'll be a while since I refuse to buy bucks and am earning through daily demands.

I've got almost 5 million coins after about a month-and-a-half of keeping profitable ovens going all night.

Good luck with your churro quest. The churros really frustrate me. I almost always mess up at least one in every batch.

Go to: