Reviews for Relic Rescue

bfgWendwater
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,911 Posts

Reviews for Relic Rescue

[Post New]by bfgWendwater on Jul 25, 14 4:03 PM
Hello Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Relic Rescue here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Relic Rescue.
2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.
3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.
4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgWendwater

Re:Reviews for Relic Rescue

[Post New]by chiefbob911911 on Aug 10, 14 9:00 AM
What is the purpose of the parrots, they don't do anything and what is the purpose of the gold ring at the end of a level when the eunused balls are shot into the air

mamamaggie
Marlin
Marlin
9,501 Posts

[Post New]by mamamaggie on Aug 12, 14 7:31 PM
Relic Rescue is a marble popper game in which you need to clear the board of marbles which are not moving to get goodies and find the key that unlocks the next board. If you are an oldie but goodie yourself, you may remember Bust a Move on the Nintendo. This is a similar game. As you move up in difficulty, saws chew up your marbles, lines block your way and you increasingly need to bank shots off the side to clear your board.

Unfortunate, this nice little game is a misnamed Free to Play. I managed to get up to level 53 before I was totally snockered. Helps come in the form of extra balls, which you must pay for with gold earned in the game and power ups which come from the bonus games every 10th game or so. These are earned very slowly, but you can shell out actual money if you want to continue playing when you run out. If you are a very fast, exceedingly accurate shooter, you could play quite a ways free. I am neither. I am also not willing to pay over and over and over to play a game, so level 53 was my wall.

This type of game is a lot of fun if you have the support you need to shore up slow movement and difficulty with bank shots. If you do not choose to pay for this support, play as far as you can get and enjoy.

lawse1
Lobster
Lobster
92 Posts

[Post New]by lawse1 on Aug 16, 14 6:48 PM
Do no do the update. Then you can play the bonus games and get farther. I quit took it off. I was enjoying the game but after they pulled this forget it

[Post New]by kisshugs on Aug 17, 14 8:03 AM
I made it to level 150 with out paying real money. You just have to go back and replay the bounce levels to get the power balls. If you replay a reg level it will not give you coins. At least my game doesn't.

at level 150 you have to collect four idol items which I have not done yet.

[Post New]by jojoplayer42 on Aug 19, 14 8:51 AM
since they put locks on the bonus games its really hard to pass some levels i wish they would take the locks off because their time on them is really ridiculous..

[Post New]by Sylvanmoonscape on Aug 20, 14 1:50 PM
Impossible to play as it is. The only way to collect the special balls is through bonus levels. Bonus levels have only one attempt for each (a timer lock that NEVER unlocks makes the bonus levels inaccessible once you've done one).

Rbnhall6
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by Rbnhall6 on Aug 21, 14 5:50 PM
I'm not sure if this is the place to vent, but I have to tell the powers that be, that I won't be playing this game anymore since you've locked the bonus levels. It's the cheapest stunt I've ever seen. (especialy from Bigfish) I know I can't possibly be the only one to feel this way. Shame on you Bigfish!

[Post New]by FragmentFour on Aug 30, 14 7:46 PM
I'd vent about this maintenance disaster except it's a free game and worth about what it costs.

The graphics are jumbled, the instructions (which probably do not change) are garbled and fractured, and the whole thing is a waste of time. It was fun for a little bit. Half an hour or so. Then... pfffttt....

Getting rid of it.

leoaz11
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by leoaz11 on Sep 4, 14 5:09 PM
Is there any games like this that one can play??

[Post New]by peachbird76 on Sep 5, 14 12:25 AM
I think I must be the only person who had no real issues with this game. Some things took me a little while to work out but I managed to complete all 150 levels. I didn't have any problems with the bonus levels and used them to build up a supply of balls and items to get me through some of the levels.
The game is very addictive and lots of fun. It really tests your skill in trying to get the key before the balls run out. I had to play some levels at least 10 times before I managed to get the key. It's not always easy but I did find it very enjoyable. I'm sorry others are having some issues as this game is worth the time if it works the way it should. The fact that the game cost me nothing was an added bonus.

ETA: I just wanted to add that I didn't need to purchase any balls in order to complete a level. There are items you can gain in the bonus levels that mean buying balls is not necessary.

Edited on 09/05/2014 at 12:27:24 AM PST

medic1960
Guppy
Guppy
103 Posts

[Post New]by medic1960 on Sep 13, 14 7:51 AM
Thanks to those reviewers who spoke up about having to pay extra. I like games like this where you can switch off your brain and have some fun. (I have 'Legend of Sleepy Hollow'.)
After downloading and having some enjoyment I thought that I would purchase this game but, as always, I read the reviews first.
Thank goodness I did! I thought, erroneously that Big Fish games meant 'Download, try and buy (or not). This game is 'Download, try, buy and buy and buy etc.

As one of the reviewers said, "Shame on you!"

Gerry.

dogpenny
Clownfish
Clownfish
638 Posts

[Post New]by dogpenny on Sep 14, 14 4:01 PM
I feel the same way when they say it is a free game they should add purchases may be necessary to complete some levels not just say it is free, The response to the forum is a long time too at times. I need to know how to be bubbles in the cannon they will not go in when i click on them is there an another way to get it to work. Thanks for any help given.

[Post New]by Peggielou123 on Oct 23, 14 9:48 PM
Several levels were very frustrating and I had to attempt multiple times but I did make it all the way thru without buying anything.

[Post New]by missterry64 on Oct 25, 14 10:00 AM
I cannot seem to get off of level 29. Any suggestions?

[Post New]by Patt_Mlhailoff on Nov 11, 14 10:00 AM
I've been a big fan of BIG FISH for ages. I was with them when they were charging 19.99 to purchase a game then went down to 6,99 etc,

After Bubble witch saga games started I knew it was a matter of time before BF jumped on the CASH TO PLAY bandwagon. What a shame.
It's always about the money.
I bought this game and have shelled out some cash. But I will delete it and never pay again.

You're losing your fan base and your focus BIG FISH.

[Post New]by kahart1347 on Nov 25, 14 9:36 PM
This was very helpful information. thanks. I'm on level 76 and need more power ups to finish. Very hard level without power ups.

Edited on 11/25/2014 at 9:38:21 PM PST

[Post New]by kahart1347 on Nov 25, 14 10:38 PM
[The one thing I really don't like about big fish games; is that they make the games so hard to advance at a certain level, that you can only pass with the help of extras, power ups, etc and have to pay for them.
I have quit so many games because it was impossible to move on with out the power ups.

RiaBonus
Minnow
Minnow
265 Posts

[Post New]by RiaBonus on Jan 4, 15 3:41 PM
chiefbob911911 wrote:What is the purpose of the parrots, they don't do anything and what is the purpose of the gold ring at the end of a level when the eunused balls are shot into the air

Well Chef Look at the scores while the balls or poppers that U release and end up in the bins when the parrots and the sea urchins will double your scores from 100 to 200 points

Ria B

judy1689
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
487 Posts

[Post New]by judy1689 on Jan 10, 15 11:20 AM
I was delighted to find this remake of a long ago favorite I use to play called Snood. I like the upgraded bonuses and board layout challenges, however I would love to know more about how people achieve 100,000+ scores per level.

You can't make much more than a 5 ball match at a time, unless there is some strategy I don't understand. I think it needs some instructions included in the game.

It's just as addictive as the original and a great little game to while away the time waiting for other games to re-charge.

Go to: