redsapple
Minnow
Minnow
265 Posts

Catching the bank robbers; Level 50

[Post New]by redsapple on Jul 25, 14 9:50 PM
I have 100% of all achievements except this one. The most I've caught is 30 out of 36. I was hoping it was a collective action but it is not. All 36 have to be caught during one play. Has anyone succeeded? And if so, do you have any hints?

redrosesdz
Catfish
Catfish
1,691 Posts

Re:Catching the bank robbers; Level 50

[Post New]by redrosesdz on Jul 26, 14 5:23 AM
I have not tried to catch all of the bank robbers. But, I regularly catch over 30 by going after the north and east robbers first when multiple escape, because they are the shortest paths. If I were to attempt this achievement, the first thing I would do is view the youtube video of this level enough times to write down the order of direction and count for each escape. Once you know the exact pattern, it'll be easier to practice.

Please write back when you get it and let everyone know what worked.

sharonatoo
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by sharonatoo on Aug 26, 14 5:01 PM
You don't need to catch all of them to succeed. The ones that get away take money, but the money can be replaced. A little tip is to destroy the market at the end because you no longer need the market and it will give you some gold.

hraili
Clownfish
Clownfish
551 Posts

[Post New]by hraili on Aug 27, 14 10:34 AM
sharonatoo wrote:You don't need to catch all of them to succeed. The ones that get away take money, but the money can be replaced. A little tip is to destroy the market at the end because you no longer need the market and it will give you some gold.

If you want to earn the achievement "Guarding the Royal Coffers", you have to catch them ALL! Otherwise no achievement there.
This is the only achievement I cannot get. It's not for slow clickers, like me.

[Post New]by Squashymonster on Oct 23, 14 8:09 AM
I've managed to catch them all - after several attempts, you just have to be very quick and keep an eye out for the ones escaping at the top and right hand side as they get away quicker. Hope you get it soon.

hraili
Clownfish
Clownfish
551 Posts

[Post New]by hraili on Oct 26, 14 9:49 AM
Well done Squashymonster!
You most certainly is one of the few who's done it.
Congrats - I do envy you!
-hraili-

[Post New]by kamynv on Apr 4, 15 1:38 PM
I managed it after only a few attempts. I found the best way for me was to keep clicking my mouse continuously, regardless of whether any robbers were coming out. Then I kept my cursor relatively close to the treasury as much as I could. By doing that, I managed to click on several of them before they'd even really get on any of the paths away from it. If they did get on the paths, always try to catch the north & east ones first, as someone else mentioned. Those are the shortest distance & the ones most likely to get away (those were the ones I almost always messed up on).

I was using a wired mouse instead of a wireless one - sometimes there's a little more of a delay on a wireless, especially if your batteries aren't new or fresh. Clicking constantly seemed to do the trick for me, since then I didn't have to rely on my own reaction time when the robbers appeared. Hope that helps anyone who hasn't gotten this achievement yet - good luck!

Pinkrollsroyce
Flounder
Flounder
2,115 Posts

[Post New]by Pinkrollsroyce on Apr 4, 15 3:23 PM
Another tip that may help, is to hit the pause button as soon as you see a robber. Then position your mouse so that the robber runs towards your mouse, or hover your mouse near the hole that the robber is aiming for.

When you have 2 or 3 robbers appearing at the same time, hitting the pause button, will give you time to judge which robber to aim for first.

Go to: