Corky1057
Clownfish
Clownfish
709 Posts

What do animals eat?

[Post New]by Corky1057 on Jul 26, 14 9:25 AM
I know we have to pump water for plants and animals, but I seem to have an endless supply of animal food and don't know where it comes from. Maybe the grass we clear or oats? Just curious.

Thanks if anyone knows!!

curly_jo
Guppy
Guppy
146 Posts

Re:What do animals eat?

[Post New]by curly_jo on Jul 26, 14 1:30 PM
That is such a random question of which I don't have a answer, but it has prompted me to ask one of my own that's been bugging me for a while.

Does anyone know, before the Valentines Update, did the goat always wear a medallion?

Perhaps they come from the same place

Corky1057
Clownfish
Clownfish
709 Posts

[Post New]by Corky1057 on Jul 26, 14 2:21 PM
curly_jo wrote:That is such a random question of which I don't have a answer, but it has prompted me to ask one of my own that's been bugging me for a while.

Does anyone know, before the Valentines Update, did the goat always wear a medallion?

I wasn't playing before the valentines update. It was there when I started. As far as medallion, I'm not observant enough to realize it was wearing one!

mellowfuzz
Clownfish
Clownfish
842 Posts

[Post New]by mellowfuzz on Jul 26, 14 6:41 PM
curly_jo wrote:That is such a random question of which I don't have a answer, but it has prompted me to ask one of my own that's been bugging me for a while.

I believe those are bells. The cows and sheep have them too. Though why you would need a bell when they are penned, I don't know.

ycwcrf
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by ycwcrf on Jul 27, 14 2:09 AM
just glad we dont half to make feed in factory lol

curly_jo
Guppy
Guppy
146 Posts

[Post New]by curly_jo on Jul 27, 14 2:36 AM
It had crossed my mind they were bells, but as there's no sound, the clappers must have fallen out and I think Farm Up is set in the 1930's so wireless technology did not exist for remote dinging.

It was more to do with the way the goat seem to strut around the pen (Travolta style, being in white) whilst the lady sheep bounced around him, it made me think medallion

Perhaps in the next village/town there is a store called Grains to Go and next to it Kidd's Jewellery Store for pets.

I am glad we don't have to make pet food too, I just about managed with wheat production for Cherry and Apple pies followed by cookies, doughnuts with 100 daffodils, 100 violets (they look pretty) and 100 chrysanthemums in a row. I think my cows might stampede in protest in having to wait for their dinner.

Mercy_red
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by Mercy_red on Jul 27, 14 5:02 AM
Only my goat has a thing around its neck, my sheep and cows aren't wearing anything!!! why are mine naked!

curly_jo
Guppy
Guppy
146 Posts

[Post New]by curly_jo on Jul 27, 14 5:42 AM
Sorry, my bad for replying to posts before checking my game.

My goat is the only one wearing something, perhaps the latest update changed attire?

or mellowfuzz has been at the cow juice

mellowfuzz
Clownfish
Clownfish
842 Posts

[Post New]by mellowfuzz on Jul 27, 14 5:59 AM
Mercy_red wrote:Only my goat has a thing around its neck, my sheep and cows aren't wearing anything!!! why are mine naked!

Its is the lambs and calves that have the bells. Apparently they shed them when they grow.

curly_jo
Guppy
Guppy
146 Posts

[Post New]by curly_jo on Jul 27, 14 6:55 AM
So they do, it's been so long since i've had to purchase a newborn or go into that menu i'd forgotten.

I thought it was unusual not to get a sober response

Edited on 07/27/2014 at 6:56:16 AM PST

Corky1057
Clownfish
Clownfish
709 Posts

[Post New]by Corky1057 on Jul 27, 14 10:34 AM
ycwcrf wrote:just glad we dont half to make feed in factory lol

Amen to that!!! I can't keep up with enough wool and flour already. Even built an extra textile and pastry factory just to keep making them. I would build more if I had space on my farm. I have a hard time getting clothes and food made.

Go to: