hotdog29
Stingray
Stingray
4,525 Posts

Room with portrait puzzle over fireplace

[Post New]by hotdog29 on Mar 31, 09 2:21 PM
I'm stuck between chapter 2 and chapter 3 in a room with a portrait over a fireplace. The portrait is uncovered piece by piece by solving puzzles. To the left of this room is a room with mini puzzles in it (all of which I've seen before). Does anyone know how you exit this room? I would appreciate any help. Thank you

lcoffbaby
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,071 Posts

Re:Room with portrait puzzle over fireplace

[Post New]by lcoffbaby on Mar 31, 09 2:26 PM
There should be an arrow at the bottom of the screen,,,click it and you'll go back to the fireplace room and try clicking on the portrait, it should either give you a clue or there will be another arrow click it.....it's been awhile since i played this game so i think that's right i'll open it right now so if these things don't work for you pm me and let me know ok?

By the way welcome to the pond, and glad to have you here!!!!

hotdog29
Stingray
Stingray
4,525 Posts

[Post New]by hotdog29 on Mar 31, 09 3:06 PM
Hi again,

Actually, I went back into the mini game room and saw that there are about 8 mini puzzles that are locked and must be unlocked from the book. If I go back to the fireplacle room, every section of the portrait puzzle that is covered tells me "part of the puzzle has been resolved." Every place in the room that "sparkles" gives me a message, "the next puzzles are locked. We need to find the magic in this room." How is that accomplished????? HELP! Thanks

hotdog29
Stingray
Stingray
4,525 Posts

[Post New]by hotdog29 on Mar 31, 09 3:29 PM
Thank you so much for your help. I went back to the fireplace room and look around some more. I found a place on the run which "sparkled" that I hadn't noticed before. When I clicked it, something magical happened and I'm on the way to Chapter 3. Thanks again for answering.

[Post New]by akahouston on May 2, 09 10:28 PM
and the one with the squares]

Edited on 05/02/2009 at 10:32:25 PM PST

[Post New]by akahouston on May 2, 09 10:31 PM
i cant get past the robot any help would be nice please

Whopper_Whale
Minnow
Minnow
215 Posts

[Post New]by Whopper_Whale on May 14, 09 11:31 AM
akahouston wrote:i cant get past the robot any help would be nice please

click on the tiles to make the arrows appear. Click again to change the direction of the arrows to make the robot move in that direction.

MissB59
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by MissB59 on May 25, 09 12:07 AM
Hello .. I am stuck - I found the book in the cupboard in the bookcase and did all the puzzles(robot about 5 times and used an orb on the pipes because I didn't read all the instructions-which won't happen again-yes I read the post and the walkthroughs about reading them everytime) .. I got the letter and the picture of the 5 drawers on the side of the desk, but when I click on it..I get the message "the next puzzles are locked we need to find the magic.. the only areas that sparkle are on the desk but I still get the same message when I click on them .....Where is the magic I need to find?

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on May 25, 09 6:53 AM
MissB59 wrote:Hello .. I am stuck - I found the book in the cupboard in the bookcase and did all the puzzles(robot about 5 times and used an orb on the pipes because I didn't read all the instructions-which won't happen again-yes I read the post and the walkthroughs about reading them everytime) .. I got the letter and the picture of the 5 drawers on the side of the desk, but when I click on it..I get the message "the next puzzles are locked we need to find the magic.. the only areas that sparkle are on the desk but I still get the same message when I click on them .....Where is the magic I need to find?
At the end of each book part of Titus’ portrait will be restored. Then Titus will tell you more of his story in writing. On the second page of the writing he will tell you where to look for the Magic that will open another book.

If you don’t read that page or click past it by mistake, you can’t go back and read it again. But you can find the magic with your cursor.

Your cursor will always sparkle over Titus’ portrait and over the desk surface. It will also sparkle over the spot where the Magic is to open the next chapter. The place for the Magic changes with every book. But it is the only place that sparkles other than the portrait and the desk. Move your cursor around places on the floor and other tables and bookcases but not on the desk and you should see some sparkles in another place.

Good luck!

Go to: