Melymc
Guppy
Guppy
188 Posts

*How many chapters are there?

[Post New]by Melymc on Jul 26, 14 11:21 AM
How many chapters does this game have? It looks like a good game. Thanks for any help you can give ! Happy gaming! Have a wonderful weekend!

Hespera
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,170 Posts

Re:*How many chapters are there?

[Post New]by Hespera on Jul 26, 14 12:39 PM
The number of chapters is a relative thing. Some games can list 11 chapters and they can all be very short. And then some games may list 5 chapters and each can be very long.

So the number of chapters listed in a strategy guide really signifies nothing.

Penny1942
Clownfish
Clownfish
554 Posts

[Post New]by Penny1942 on Jul 26, 14 2:33 PM
SG says 6 chapters plus bonus chapter (which I haven't played yet). Good game IMO.

Melymc
Guppy
Guppy
188 Posts

[Post New]by Melymc on Jul 26, 14 2:50 PM
I usually don't respond but, I am this time. The number of chapters is NOT relative, it's an actual number. If you did'nt have the answer I'm not sure why you needed to give an opinion. But, thanks anyway Thanks Tauret , I will try to keep my fin pointed up! I hope someone who has bought the game will give me an answer. I usually ask either how many chapters or how long it took to play the game, then put in some sort of "disclaimer" to avoid the smart alleck comments. For instance, I know everyone plays at different speeds and at different levels, and I take that into account. How long a game is,... is an issue to me because I can not buy every game that comes out and this is how I help decide which to purchase. I don't feel most people want to know this each week, but there is always someone with a negative comment about other people's threads. "Why do you ask this question", or "your question isn't relevant", or just telling someone they are wrong. When did that become everyone's job? Can't we all just get along? Ok if anyone has read this far...........LOL, how many chapters are there? Thanks for any Help that I can get, I really appreciate it!!! Have a wonderful weekend all!

Melymc
Guppy
Guppy
188 Posts

[Post New]by Melymc on Jul 26, 14 2:54 PM
Thank you Penny!!! I see you posted as I was writing my "book", and watching TV. Lol. Thanks for your insight on the game and your help! Have a great day!

opiesmom
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by opiesmom on Jul 26, 14 6:13 PM
Thanks you for your comments Mlymac (I think I have that right). Your reply to was exactly what I wanted to say to that completely non-helpful response to your question but you were so much nicer than I would have been. The length of a game is very important to me and to many others. Some of us have a very limited income and it is so disappointing wasting money or credits on a game only to find out that you've almost finished it in the demo. I get so sick of the snarky replies to length questions where they say "it depends on how you play" or "why do people ask that", or "just buy it and find out". I really don't understand why people waste the time replying to questions when they aren't offering any help. Would it kill people just to say "it took me 4 hours" or whatever?

Tiger2010
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,624 Posts

[Post New]by Tiger2010 on Jul 27, 14 7:07 AM
Hi Melymc

Penny has already given the answer, but as to how long it took me?

As you know, I'm an average gamer. I don't dawdle too long, but neither am I Speedy Gonzalez (I couldn't resist that one! ). I like to look at scenes and find any and all collectibles in a scene before I do anything else, or I'll forget about them.

I didn't skip any puzzles and I (for once) managed to find all skulls and morphs; and with all of that, the main game took me just 3 hours 20 minutes so it does seem a bit on the short side. This may well be because the collectibles aren't that difficult to find and the puzzles on the easy side.

The bonus took about 50 minutes (it's a very good bonus though - totally different story about another well known legend). The puzzles here were a bit more challenging, I found.

So, it's not a terribly long game overall but it is a very good quality game (just my opinion).

Also, I forgot to mention when I answered you in the previous thread - I do use the teleport maps in games at times when I've had enough of running back and forth, so that may make a game a bit quicker for me.

Have fun if you do decide to buy this one.

Melymc
Guppy
Guppy
188 Posts

[Post New]by Melymc on Jul 27, 14 12:46 PM
Thanks a lot opiesmom ! Kill them with kindness . Lol. But, thanks for your support. I've gotten several PM's saying the same thing. Why waste your time commenting if you don't have anything positive or constructive to say. Anyway, I'm glad to be of some help to others who like to know how long the games are, and I'll keep asking .

Once again, thanks Tiger (Speedy lol). I always value your opinions and knowledge. We usually play about the same way. You are a big help. Did you buy the other CE for this week? Sable Maze? No one responded on that game, I was wondering how many chapters that had, I know this is Not this thread so if someone could PM me that would be great!. As always, happy gaming and have a wonderful day!

Tiger2010
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,624 Posts

[Post New]by Tiger2010 on Jul 28, 14 8:30 AM
You are very welcome and I did buy Sable Maze. I've sent you a PM, as requested. Till next time.

Happy Gaming!!

hippyfishie
Minnow
Minnow
295 Posts

[Post New]by hippyfishie on Aug 24, 14 2:26 PM
Hi,
I want to know also. Perhaps I could just ask "Do you consider it a long game or a short one?"

I have purchased CE's in the past that were way too short and many people don't want a short game. Or were you happy you bought the CE or not and why?

I like this thread and I always read it. I also agree with Melymc and find it very annoying that people post the same no help response like its' relative.

It isn't relative. It's finite. And yes, we all play at different speeds, but some CE's are too short. That's a fact. And I can't afford to purchase many CE's.

Thank you, Melymc for keeping this thread open. And thank you to all the people that really help out with real answers.

Edited on 08/25/2014 at 7:08:21 AM PST

Go to: