catbag8717
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,163 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Village Quest here!

[Post New]by catbag8717 on Jul 28, 14 4:46 AM
Here's a thread for any tech issues you may have,

(and please, DO NOT message me with your technical problems, because I WILL NOT be able to fix them. Thanks!)

Edited on 07/28/2014 at 6:03:24 AM PST

bfgVaiya
Salmon
Salmon
2,557 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Village Quest here!

[Post New]by bfgVaiya on Jul 28, 14 6:03 AM
Hey there Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgVaiya

ecblisa
Stingray
Stingray
5,078 Posts

[Post New]by ecblisa on Jul 28, 14 11:32 AM
I have played this game for several hours (it seems to have no level numbers), and only the hammer power-up has opened. Some others were supposed to open once certain buildings were bought. I am playing on system 8, and I know that sometimes causes issues. Any ideas???

0Jade
Guppy
Guppy
101 Posts

[Post New]by 0Jade on Jul 28, 14 4:05 PM
I was unable to play the game because my assistant's text box was covering part of the board, so although I was able to match items, it would finally time out after 15 minutes or so and say I failed. I tried twice, tried changing the window views. Oh well... not a good experience for me.

[Post New]by pdenton on Jul 29, 14 7:44 AM
The game works fine, but the power-ups do not open. The hammer power-up is the only one that opened and once I exit the game and play again later it is closed also. I have tried reinstalling but that didn't work!

[Post New]by liverpoolsquatte on Jul 29, 14 11:37 AM
Hi Ive got the same problem, cant get any further without the power ups, very annoying!

BlueLena
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by BlueLena on Jul 29, 14 3:29 PM
Delighted to have a M3 as I am a bit fed up with HOG, but was unable to play due to the exact problem OJade has , this is very annoying.

FrankieS77
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

[Post New]by FrankieS77 on Jul 31, 14 1:48 PM
I'm having the same problem. Is the Dev working on a fix? Cuz I stupidly bought this game and have to keep replaying levels until i'm sick of them and finally win with dumb luck and move on.

chrijolie
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by chrijolie on Aug 1, 14 1:33 AM
pdenton wrote:The game works fine, but the power-ups do not open. The hammer power-up is the only one that opened and once I exit the game and play again later it is closed also. I have tried reinstalling but that didn't work!

I had the same problem but figured it out!
You have to buy power ups in the tent, once you have done that, the tools
stay there for the rest of the game, now i love this game and the timer
is not a problem!

doggyfish
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by doggyfish on Aug 3, 14 2:58 PM
I finally got beyond the assistant covering up my gameboard (I guessed and made random moves), but I think we are supposed to get points for the matches, but my total always says 0.

FrankieS77
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

power up tent

[Post New]by FrankieS77 on Aug 4, 14 7:48 PM
chrijolie. how do we find this power up tent?

[Post New]by shellz1983 on Aug 5, 14 2:50 AM
having same tech issues, assistant box won't disappear, 0 resources, tried restart, tried downloading again, very annoying.

chrijolie
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

power up tent

[Post New]by chrijolie on Aug 6, 14 12:56 PM
FrankieS77 wrote:chrijolie. how do we find this power up tent?

You have a map with buildings and in the middle is a sort of castle you can click on, then you see whar materials you need to buy tools, they stay yours during the whole game! Love this game!

chrijolie
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

power up tent

[Post New]by chrijolie on Aug 6, 14 12:58 PM
chrijolie wrote:
FrankieS77 wrote:chrijolie. how do we find this power up tent?

You have a map with buildings and in the middle is a sort of castle you can click on, then you see whar materials you need to buy tools, they stay yours during the whole game! Love this game!

Of course you must play a while then come the blueprints and then you can buy the building

[Post New]by misseli on Aug 6, 14 8:26 PM
I'm on a MacBook Pro w/ Retina Display, running Maverick (10.9.4).

The screen resolution is FAR too big. And it takes over the entire screen, locking out any attempts to change windows or applications. I've tried scaling my resolution for smaller, but it doesn't help. The Play, Options and Quit buttons aren't operational, or are below my screen. I don't see any edges where I can pull to resize the screen manually. The only way I can quit is to hit Esc, then Enter. I managed to change my player name by clicking randomly in a spot, but that's it.

Please advise.

[Post New]by heleneshaw on Aug 10, 14 3:42 PM
I'm having the same problem with the power ups and the assistant... When I go in the tent to buy more power ups it says that they are "unaffordable"... I just uninstalled it and will try installing it again!

[Post New]by heleneshaw on Sep 17, 14 4:32 PM
I think this game has mood swings!!! At first it didn't work... advisor wouldn't go, village disappeared, couldn't get powerups...

Then, for a week or 2 it worked perferctly... great game!

Now it's gone back to not working like before and this time I can't buy some of the blueprints, so no powerups again!

Very frustrating!

Go to: